How often are you using 3D Touch?

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Just for Live Photos, photo preview. The other times I use it, it's just to see what will happen and not because I want to use the functionality

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been using 3D Touch at all. I guess I have to train my mind and thumb to remember it's a feature on my 6s Plus

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Use it quite frequently now. Took awhile to discover all the things you can do. Like as simple as posting to Facebook. Just ForceTouch and tap what you want. It's a small example but does save a lot of time. I use it for New Notes, Texts, Emails, etc. I guess it only shortens by like one step, it just feels smoother once you use it as in intended.

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use for moving the cursor around on the trackpad a lot but and ocasionally some quick launch stuff otherwise mostly just tweetbots brilliant implementation of it

dontjenksme

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I use it a ton, I've set up the apps launcher and launch center pro in my doc, this gives me the ability to launch specific actions quickly such as my gym playlist or messaging my team at work the same thing i message them every week since LCP lets you launch pre-filled messages with pre-filled contacts, or opening a message field that goes directly to my wife's contact each time. All on my dock without lifting my thumb !!!!! enjoy the feature and what those specific apps have brought to the table

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time in the Mail app, app switcher, Instagram, & occasionally for texts. I love it

These are the things I would use it for but I keep forgetting I have that option avail now !! LOL I just have to get accustomed to it being there and "train" myself to remember to use it

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Honestly I am a little disappointed I "upgraded" to the 6S Plus. The phone is blazing fast, in fact I am almost in awe sometimes at how fast it can be, and has great battery but there are things about the phone I am not super impressed with including 3D touch. I maybe use it 1-2 times per day to call my wife using the quick menu that pops up when you press on the phone icon. I don't much care for it honestly. It is nice that it is there and every once in awhile I will make an effort to use it but have not found a good use for it yet. Maybe I will change my mind but Idk, not impressed with the feature. I use the Live Photos a decent amount with my 1 year old daughter and 2 dogs which requires 3D touch to activate but that is pretty much it. The camera is good but I don't notice much difference from last years. The 4K recording is lost on me as the phone is 1080p, my TV is older at 1080p (though I am upgrading soon) and I have the non 5k iMac. Also, nothing but the 5K iMac can natively play 4K video which is a bit silly. I have also had a ton of bugs with the software, which I understand is not the phone's fault, but my speaker phone likes to randomly turn off, the camera seems to freeze at the worst time and I miss my opportunity to catch my daughter doing something extra cute, and it disconnects from WiFi ALL THE TIME for no reason causing my data usage to go up for no reason. I have done 2 factory resets and set up as new for both my wife and I am we have been experiencing the same problem. I am so locked into iOS so it would be hard to move but it is definitely enticing if one of the Android OEMs gets its act together and releases a phone with good battery life and a good camera with OIS and possibly close to stock Android. The Nexus 6P is fantastic but the lack of OIS is disheartening because of how much video I record. Like I said I am so deep into iOS, have a Mac, an Apple Watch, Apple TV and more so it would be tough to move but I am considering it to some degree since this iPhone hasn't been what I was hoping. Still a good phone, just not, in my eyes, much of an upgrade. Don't hate me :/ I know these are far from being legitimate complaints. Just my opinion.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my 6S Plus for about 36 hours now but I find I'm really liking the 3D touch. Also, this phone is blazing fast!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my 6S Plus for about 36 hours now but I find I'm really liking the 3D touch. Also, this phone is blazing fast!

Congrats on your new 6s Plus and YES I agree it's blazing fast. 🏽

I rarely use 3D Touch, however there are quite a bit more upgrades from the 6 plus I do enjoy.

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I kind of forget that it's there most of the time. I wish I used it more because it really is a cool feature. I do use it for Twitter though.

techgeek88

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I use it all the time...it's a gamechanger for sure for mobile tech and quite innovative.

As a heavy Instagrammer, the 3D Touch makes the experience way better for me. I honestly think it is the best app with 3D Touch support, and it was the first big one to support it. Go figure. I also love Facebook, Messenger, and Tweetbot with 3D Touch. I still like the implementation most do with it but some devs IMO are lazy with it and just use it for one or maybe two shortcuts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I am a little disappointed I "upgraded" to the 6S Plus. The phone is blazing fast, in fact I am almost in awe sometimes at how fast it can be, and has great battery but there are things about the phone I am not super impressed with including 3D touch. I maybe use it 1-2 times per day to call my wife using the quick menu that pops up when you press on the phone icon. I don't much care for it honestly. It is nice that it is there and every once in awhile I will make an effort to use it but have not found a good use for it yet. Maybe I will change my mind but Idk, not impressed with the feature. I use the Live Photos a decent amount with my 1 year old daughter and 2 dogs which requires 3D touch to activate but that is pretty much it. The camera is good but I don't notice much difference from last years. The 4K recording is lost on me as the phone is 1080p, my TV is older at 1080p (though I am upgrading soon) and I have the non 5k iMac. Also, nothing but the 5K iMac can natively play 4K video which is a bit silly. I have also had a ton of bugs with the software, which I understand is not the phone's fault, but my speaker phone likes to randomly turn off, the camera seems to freeze at the worst time and I miss my opportunity to catch my daughter doing something extra cute, and it disconnects from WiFi ALL THE TIME for no reason causing my data usage to go up for no reason. I have done 2 factory resets and set up as new for both my wife and I am we have been experiencing the same problem. I am so locked into iOS so it would be hard to move but it is definitely enticing if one of the Android OEMs gets its act together and releases a phone with good battery life and a good camera with OIS and possibly close to stock Android. The Nexus 6P is fantastic but the lack of OIS is disheartening because of how much video I record. Like I said I am so deep into iOS, have a Mac, an Apple Watch, Apple TV and more so it would be tough to move but I am considering it to some degree since this iPhone hasn't been what I was hoping. Still a good phone, just not, in my eyes, much of an upgrade. Don't hate me :/ I know these are far from being legitimate complaints. Just my opinion.

I forget mostly. But there's a lot of 3D Touch actions you may not even know about. Mostly inside the apps. One example is Yahoo Sports. Just press on where the arrow points
e82d901540799804014178e9edc1f3e1.706859

And you can "peek" at this page without actually going there.
225a477e87c3ce80deb8fd7ec8bb5472.926335

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use it for my alarm app, to arm my home after I leave. I also use it on the Pinpoint app to mark up the last screenshot for posting here at iMore.

So far that's it - I tend to forget it's there. Old habits I guess.