I use it all the time in the Mail app, app switcher, Instagram, & occasionally for texts. I love it
    These are the things I would use it for but I keep forgetting I have that option avail now !! LOL I just have to get accustomed to it being there and "train" myself to remember to use it
    01-07-2016 09:59 AM
    These are the things I would use it for but I keep forgetting I have that option avail now !! LOL I just have to get accustomed to it being there and "train" myself to remember to use it
    LOL
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-07-2016 08:19 PM
    Honestly I am a little disappointed I "upgraded" to the 6S Plus. The phone is blazing fast, in fact I am almost in awe sometimes at how fast it can be, and has great battery but there are things about the phone I am not super impressed with including 3D touch. I maybe use it 1-2 times per day to call my wife using the quick menu that pops up when you press on the phone icon. I don't much care for it honestly. It is nice that it is there and every once in awhile I will make an effort to use it but have not found a good use for it yet. Maybe I will change my mind but Idk, not impressed with the feature. I use the Live Photos a decent amount with my 1 year old daughter and 2 dogs which requires 3D touch to activate but that is pretty much it. The camera is good but I don't notice much difference from last years. The 4K recording is lost on me as the phone is 1080p, my TV is older at 1080p (though I am upgrading soon) and I have the non 5k iMac. Also, nothing but the 5K iMac can natively play 4K video which is a bit silly. I have also had a ton of bugs with the software, which I understand is not the phone's fault, but my speaker phone likes to randomly turn off, the camera seems to freeze at the worst time and I miss my opportunity to catch my daughter doing something extra cute, and it disconnects from WiFi ALL THE TIME for no reason causing my data usage to go up for no reason. I have done 2 factory resets and set up as new for both my wife and I am we have been experiencing the same problem. I am so locked into iOS so it would be hard to move but it is definitely enticing if one of the Android OEMs gets its act together and releases a phone with good battery life and a good camera with OIS and possibly close to stock Android. The Nexus 6P is fantastic but the lack of OIS is disheartening because of how much video I record. Like I said I am so deep into iOS, have a Mac, an Apple Watch, Apple TV and more so it would be tough to move but I am considering it to some degree since this iPhone hasn't been what I was hoping. Still a good phone, just not, in my eyes, much of an upgrade. Don't hate me :/ I know these are far from being legitimate complaints. Just my opinion.
    01-08-2016 01:47 PM
    I've only had my 6S Plus for about 36 hours now but I find I'm really liking the 3D touch. Also, this phone is blazing fast!
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-08-2016 05:54 PM
    I've only had my 6S Plus for about 36 hours now but I find I'm really liking the 3D touch. Also, this phone is blazing fast!
    Congrats on your new 6s Plus and YES I agree it's blazing fast. 🏽

I rarely use 3D Touch, however there are quite a bit more upgrades from the 6 plus I do enjoy.
    01-08-2016 07:55 PM
    I kind of forget that it's there most of the time. I wish I used it more because it really is a cool feature. I do use it for Twitter though.
    01-08-2016 08:19 PM
    I use it all the time...it's a gamechanger for sure for mobile tech and quite innovative.

As a heavy Instagrammer, the 3D Touch makes the experience way better for me. I honestly think it is the best app with 3D Touch support, and it was the first big one to support it. Go figure. I also love Facebook, Messenger, and Tweetbot with 3D Touch. I still like the implementation most do with it but some devs IMO are lazy with it and just use it for one or maybe two shortcuts.
    01-09-2016 02:58 AM
    Honestly I am a little disappointed I "upgraded" to the 6S Plus. The phone is blazing fast, in fact I am almost in awe sometimes at how fast it can be, and has great battery but there are things about the phone I am not super impressed with including 3D touch. I maybe use it 1-2 times per day to call my wife using the quick menu that pops up when you press on the phone icon. I don't much care for it honestly. It is nice that it is there and every once in awhile I will make an effort to use it but have not found a good use for it yet. Maybe I will change my mind but Idk, not impressed with the feature. I use the Live Photos a decent amount with my 1 year old daughter and 2 dogs which requires 3D touch to activate but that is pretty much it. The camera is good but I don't notice much difference from last years. The 4K recording is lost on me as the phone is 1080p, my TV is older at 1080p (though I am upgrading soon) and I have the non 5k iMac. Also, nothing but the 5K iMac can natively play 4K video which is a bit silly. I have also had a ton of bugs with the software, which I understand is not the phone's fault, but my speaker phone likes to randomly turn off, the camera seems to freeze at the worst time and I miss my opportunity to catch my daughter doing something extra cute, and it disconnects from WiFi ALL THE TIME for no reason causing my data usage to go up for no reason. I have done 2 factory resets and set up as new for both my wife and I am we have been experiencing the same problem. I am so locked into iOS so it would be hard to move but it is definitely enticing if one of the Android OEMs gets its act together and releases a phone with good battery life and a good camera with OIS and possibly close to stock Android. The Nexus 6P is fantastic but the lack of OIS is disheartening because of how much video I record. Like I said I am so deep into iOS, have a Mac, an Apple Watch, Apple TV and more so it would be tough to move but I am considering it to some degree since this iPhone hasn't been what I was hoping. Still a good phone, just not, in my eyes, much of an upgrade. Don't hate me :/ I know these are far from being legitimate complaints. Just my opinion.
    I forget mostly. But there's a lot of 3D Touch actions you may not even know about. Mostly inside the apps. One example is Yahoo Sports. Just press on where the arrow points

And you can "peek" at this page without actually going there.
    01-09-2016 10:56 PM
    Pretty much...never
    01-12-2016 05:26 PM
    I use it for my alarm app, to arm my home after I leave. I also use it on the Pinpoint app to mark up the last screenshot for posting here at iMore.

So far that's it - I tend to forget it's there. Old habits I guess.
    01-12-2016 05:51 PM
    Same here. I forget I have it most of the time. Then on occasion I will play with it but, it does seem like it takes the same amount of time by just opening the app.
    01-12-2016 07:18 PM
    After a day of use... I've been using it for quick tweeting. Bing bam boom tweet done. Super useful and a solid replacement for widget functions.
    01-17-2016 02:18 PM
    Wish you can customize the actions but I used them all the time
    01-18-2016 07:49 AM
    Wish you can customize the actions but I used them all the time
    Yeah I wish I could pick my text 3D Touch suggestions like on the phone calls with favorites.
    01-18-2016 07:54 AM
    As much as possible
    01-18-2016 11:50 AM
    I usually forget...
    01-18-2016 12:04 PM
    I've found the longer I use this phone the more I've come to rely on 3D touch. Love the trackpad feature.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-18-2016 05:15 PM
    I've found the longer I use this phone the more I've come to rely on 3D touch. Love the trackpad feature.
    Exactly!....
    01-18-2016 06:12 PM
    I actually use it daily, mostly on the Google search app to do either a quick search or image search, also on the phone app icon, the Lose it app to track meals from home screen, and to move the cursor in text. Got so used to it I catch myself trying to do this on my iPad Mini 4 from time to time. But I almost never use Peek and Pop for some reason, just use the shortcuts regularly.
    01-19-2016 11:55 AM
    some apps, every day. Like Instagram to post new pictures. Other apps not so much.
    01-19-2016 01:02 PM
    Most used in my case the trackpad, Instagram for new postings, App Store for updates, Notes and Flipboard for cover stories among others...
    01-30-2016 04:49 PM
    I've only had my device 24 hours and it feels weird to use it. I'll try to use it more over the coming days.
    01-30-2016 08:53 PM
    Ugh not much sadly just enough to show it off lol
    01-30-2016 11:32 PM
    This is one of those things I usually forget about but when I do remember it is kinda useful and cool. I mainly use it to position the cursor using the press on the keyboard.
    01-31-2016 11:01 AM
    I end up forgetting it's there most of the time, especially with the phone icon. I arranged my favorites so that the ones I need the most show up in the three contacts that show in the 3D touch icon on the phone icon but I forget to use it most of the time.
    01-31-2016 07:43 PM
99 1234