AppleCare. To buy or not to buy, that is the question

KelseyRo4

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about getting it, but because I purchased the 6S+ using my Amex I get an additional year on the manufacturer's warranty. And since I use a tempered glass screen saver and case, I'm not worried about accidental damage much.

I did this too, but I doubt I will hold on to the same phone for more than a year lol

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
It's all a personal choice. I don't have it, either. But for some people, they might think it's a good investment. Like with most things in life, there are few absolutes.

It goes without saying that it was my opinion. I also noticed that you didn't quote Evil Guppy's absolute quote, which was in opposition to mine. If you're going to pick on posts, do it fairly.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It goes without saying that it was my opinion. I also noticed that you didn't quote Evil Guppy's absolute quote, which was in opposition to mine. If you're going to pick on posts, do it fairly.

Dial it down, pal. I didn't see her post... but no one is picking on you.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I did this too, but I doubt I will hold on to the same phone for more than a year lol

Exactly. Which is why I don't feel the need to pay for AppleCare+. And if something happens to my 6S+, I still have a 5S to use as backup until it's fixed.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure whether I'll get it. How long are we given after buying the product can we get Apple care?
I've never bashed my phone or cracked any of them. It's always in a fat case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure whether I'll get it. How long are we given after buying the product can we get Apple care?

60 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
60 days

Thanks Garz but is it possible to transfer apple care from on e device to another?
That's cause I buy a new iPhone each year and I'd find it pointless buying Apple care if I can't transfer it

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

60 days from date of purchase or date of first activation, which ever is later.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Garz but is it possible to transfer apple care from on e device to another?
That's cause I buy a new iPhone each year and I'd find it pointless buying Apple care if I can't transfer it

You cannot transfer the coverage to another device (except that the purchased coverage continues to cover the replacement device if the original is swapped out under the coverage). However, if you sell the device, the coverage goes with it to the new owner (a possible selling point)... or you can cancel it for a pro-rated refund at any point prior to expiration of the plan.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You cannot transfer the coverage to another device (except that the purchased coverage continues to cover the replacement device if the original is swapped out under the coverage). However, if you sell the device, the coverage goes with it to the new owner (a possible selling point)... or you can cancel it for a pro-rated refund at any point prior to expiration of the plan.

Ahh. Thanks Hank. I definitely won't be getting it then lol.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
They should consider a year plan now that many are upgrading more often and they are offering one year upgrades themselves. Seems they are making more work for themselves by having to issue refunds.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
They should consider a year plan now that many are upgrading more often and they are offering one year upgrades themselves. Seems they are making more work for themselves by having to issue refunds.

Well, the upgrade plan phones include AppleCare+!

But yeah, I think this year was the last year I'm buying it. I haven't been breaking my phones enough for it to be worth it over a simple out of warranty replacement.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have it on my MacBook and it has been a life saver. Not only has it covered my MacBook itself but they replaced my time capsule for me when the HDD went last year. As for my iPhones, this is the first time I've purchased AppleCare simply because I used the iPhone Upgrade Program and it's already priced in. It's a nice piece of mind having the extra coverage, especially if there's physical damage or something that normally isn't covered by the standard warranty. I hope I never have to use it but I'll be glad it's there if something happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh