There's nothing to dial down and I'm not your pal.
    Seriously no one is picking on you. Keep the posts friendly and on topic please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    donemt likes this.
    09-27-2015 07:08 PM
    I did this too, but I doubt I will hold on to the same phone for more than a year lol
    Exactly. Which is why I don't feel the need to pay for AppleCare+. And if something happens to my 6S+, I still have a 5S to use as backup until it's fixed.
    09-27-2015 07:16 PM
    I have a 2 year old so yes I did.

Rob Phillips and sangs like this.
    09-27-2015 07:17 PM
    I'm not sure whether I'll get it. How long are we given after buying the product can we get Apple care?
    I've never bashed my phone or cracked any of them. It's always in a fat case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-27-2015 07:19 PM
    I'm not sure whether I'll get it. How long are we given after buying the product can we get Apple care?

60 days

09-27-2015 07:20 PM
    I have a 2 year old son so yes I did.

09-27-2015 07:21 PM
    60 days

Thanks Garz but is it possible to transfer apple care from on e device to another?
    That's cause I buy a new iPhone each year and I'd find it pointless buying Apple care if I can't transfer it

09-27-2015 07:22 PM

60 days from date of purchase or date of first activation, which ever is later.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    09-27-2015 07:23 PM
    There's nothing to dial down and I'm not your pal.
    Seriously no one is picking on you. Keep the posts friendly and on topic please.

That's enough. Please stay on topic. Let's move on. Thanks
    blwatson, jnew619 and donemt like this.
    09-27-2015 07:23 PM
    Thanks Garz but is it possible to transfer apple care from on e device to another?
    That's cause I buy a new iPhone each year and I'd find it pointless buying Apple care if I can't transfer it

You cannot transfer the coverage to another device (except that the purchased coverage continues to cover the replacement device if the original is swapped out under the coverage). However, if you sell the device, the coverage goes with it to the new owner (a possible selling point)... or you can cancel it for a pro-rated refund at any point prior to expiration of the plan.
    09-27-2015 07:25 PM
    You cannot transfer the coverage to another device (except that the purchased coverage continues to cover the replacement device if the original is swapped out under the coverage). However, if you sell the device, the coverage goes with it to the new owner (a possible selling point)... or you can cancel it for a pro-rated refund at any point prior to expiration of the plan.
    Ahh. Thanks Hank. I definitely won't be getting it then lol.

09-27-2015 07:26 PM
    They should consider a year plan now that many are upgrading more often and they are offering one year upgrades themselves. Seems they are making more work for themselves by having to issue refunds.

09-27-2015 08:05 PM
    They should consider a year plan now that many are upgrading more often and they are offering one year upgrades themselves. Seems they are making more work for themselves by having to issue refunds.

Well, the upgrade plan phones include AppleCare+!

But yeah, I think this year was the last year I'm buying it. I haven't been breaking my phones enough for it to be worth it over a simple out of warranty replacement.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk
    09-27-2015 08:26 PM
    I have it on my MacBook and it has been a life saver. Not only has it covered my MacBook itself but they replaced my time capsule for me when the HDD went last year. As for my iPhones, this is the first time I've purchased AppleCare simply because I used the iPhone Upgrade Program and it's already priced in. It's a nice piece of mind having the extra coverage, especially if there's physical damage or something that normally isn't covered by the standard warranty. I hope I never have to use it but I'll be glad it's there if something happens.
    09-27-2015 08:34 PM
    Ahh. Thanks Hank. I definitely won't be getting it then lol.

Make sure it's actually 60 days in Australia like it is here.
    09-27-2015 08:40 PM
    I've never bought AppleCare before. I'm generally carful with my phones. I've inky had one tragedy where it went into the washing machine 😳 is it worth buying? I also always switch to the new phone every year anyway. Since I have 60 days, I'm weighing my options. Thanks!
    I had it on my 6, didn't get it on my 6s. I am very careful with my phones, and the fact that the nearest apple store is like 2.5 hours from me, and the increased cost, made me think twice about getting it. If you are clumsy with your phones, or plan to keep it more than a year, applecare is not a bad choice.
    09-28-2015 06:10 PM
    If you can afford AppleCare+, it's worth purchasing it for every mobile device. Just my two cents.
    09-29-2015 07:51 AM
    I've never bought AppleCare before. I'm generally carful with my phones. I've inky had one tragedy where it went into the washing machine 😳 is it worth buying? I also always switch to the new phone every year anyway. Since I have 60 days, I'm weighing my options. Thanks!
    Like many have said before me. It is a preference thing. I have never bought it on any iPhone that I have owned and I've owned every single one every year and then some of the same ones because I buy and sell them a lot bc I like to switch between android and iPhone..
    Back to the point. If I ever have any issues (other than cracking screen or water damage) Apple replaces the phone for free as long as you are within one year of purchase. I always upgrade to a new phone every year so I never need it.
    Just me 2 cents
    09-29-2015 04:01 PM
    I considered buying it this time around, but I chose not to. I pay $10/mo for JUMP! with T-Mobile and that includes insurance. I will just pay the insurance deductible if anything happens to my phone, and that includes loss, theft, and accidentally damage. I am good with that since Apple Care+ is not necessary, especially when it is not exactly cheaper.
    09-29-2015 05:16 PM
    I didn't purchase on my last iPhone. I'm still patiently waiting on my 6S Plus, but I doubt that I'll get AppleCare. I also keep my phones in cases and have never had a problem.
    09-29-2015 07:11 PM
    I'm the living proof that you can take care of a phone. I never dropped any iPhone i had. I mean i dropped them, but never cracked the screen I once bought some insurance that Orange (my carrier) offered. I ended up paying 200euros in two years for nothing. However, the iPhone 6 and 6 plus repairs are very expensive. I suspect the 6s would be the same. Last year, a friend of mine dropped his 6 plus and the price of replacing his cracked screen was 400euros, because the touch id is linked to the motherboard and you can't replace one without the other. At least this is what the guys at the repaid shop told us (they were authorised apple service providers).
    09-29-2015 07:13 PM
    I paid the $129 for my 6s and I have always found it usefull over the years.
    09-29-2015 07:28 PM
    $169 here in Canada now. Ouch. That's $190 with tax where I live. I still don't know.
    09-29-2015 09:34 PM
    $169 here in Canada now. Ouch. That's $190 with tax where I live. I still don't know.
    There's no tax on Apple Care+ that I know of. I didn't pay tax on it here in California. Might be different in Canada but here in the U.S. you don't get taxed on it.

09-29-2015 10:00 PM
    There's no tax on Apple Care+ that I know of. I didn't pay tax on it here in California. Might be different in Canada but here in the U.S. you don't get taxed on it.

Correct. Can't charge tax on services.
    09-29-2015 10:26 PM
62 123