Are you using a screen protector?

KelseyRo4

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I usually always have a screen protector on my phone, but with the 3-D touch and supposedly stronger glass, I don't really want to use one with this phone. Is anybody else forgoing the screen protector?

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm running a screen protector and always will. I like my stuff to stay in the best condition possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechnoMTB

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I like to protect the screen too but I have to admit that the 'naked' iPhone screen is definitely better, is beautiful! I hate to be obliged to protect it.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I feel like the need to use a screen protector is more than ever with 3D Touch. Before 3D Touch I would try my best to touch the screen gently and swipe lightly, now I'm pressing fairly hard on the screen and swiping not so lightly. One little piece of sand on the screen or my thumb and there goes my beautiful new iPhone's screen. Maybe if I worked in an office and never went outdoors, I woud use my phone naked.

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The HD screen protectors by Tech Armor are pretty good and they don't take away from the screen quality. I've used them since the 5S and they have been great. I get them off Amazon for about $7 for a 3 pack. and they are Prime! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I only used it once. It makes your phone looks ugly or dirty when you get some bubbles or if you don't apply it correctly. Been using iPhone since the 3G model and I only tried it once with 3GS. When iPhone 4 came out, I stopped using it. Never had a scratch on the glass of my phone and will never plan to use it again ever even with my new iPhone 6S plus. Well, that's just me.

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I have had Applecare+ on my idevices for years. I've never made a claim (knock on wood). But I also wanted to keep them in "like-new" condition...I upgrade every year (launch) and I've either always been under contract, or in an ATT next plan, so I need to sell the old phone to buy out the contract/pay off the next plan.

This year, I went with the Apple Upgrade Program. And I got the shiny new rose gold. And I have always hated screen protectors. So I'm being daring for once, and rocking it naked. We'll see how it goes. :D

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Put mine in my Catalyst waterproof case that indeed has a built in screen protector and it will stay in this case for its time with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rahrah12

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the IQ Liquishield for the last few years. I always use a screen protector. I don't like my screens getting a scratched up.

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I typically don't like screen protectors but I am going to try one just because I am getting it free due to an apple error and the cs advisor offering to send me an accessory in recompense.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just put the Zagg HDX on mine. It has been years since I've done one myself. Was really easy and it looks nice. It's supposed to be self-healing too..

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got a screen protector on it. I would never use my phone without protecting it as much as possible.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Never have used one. I have always hated applying them. I am pretty gentle user and never had any issues on screens.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I just put the Zagg HDX on mine. It has been years since I've done one myself. Was really easy and it looks nice. It's supposed to be self-healing too..

How is 3D Touch working with the HDX? The rep I talked to from Zagg said that he doesn't recommend the HDX because it may not work with 3D Touch.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
How is 3D Touch working with the HDX? The rep I talked to from Zagg said that he doesn't recommend the HDX because it may not work with 3D Touch.

Works just fine. And it worked fine when I had it in the Catalyst case that came with a built in screen protector.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I just installed a Spigen GLAS.tR Slim on my 6s Plus. 3D Touch still works, but I'm not sure I'm crazy about the screen protector. It just seems really small.

I may end up taking it off in a day or so if it bothers me enough. Oh well. It was only $7.99.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I have always used screen protectors, currently have a Tech Armor HD Ballistic glass protector on, the screen looks great and 3D Touch works perfect. My neighbor put a "gell" style "privacy screen protector on his 6s and it works perfect too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner