Are you using a screen protector?

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've got a glass screen protector on. The 3D Touch still works perfectly. The naked screen feels better but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I paid ?789 for this thing and I don't want the screen to get cosmetic scratches on it that won't be covered by Apple care plus.

gbdog

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I just put a Zagg glass on my 6s plus and now peek works but not pop, I have to lift my finger from the glass and re-touch to open the app. My peek and pop worked as it should before the protector was put on.

jjtheprince

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Right now I have a Spigen Glas.tr slim on my phone & I'm not really liking it because it doesn't cover the whole screen. It was only $8 from Amazon.

Thinking about ordering one of these:

CINDER - Products

Looks awesome, covers the entire screen. $45 is a lot, but I don't want to take any chances with my device.

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Its an expensive device, and because of the size and weight, it will be vulnerable if falls. The first thing that I will do is get a tempered glass protection for this device.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector here. Barely had one on my 6 and other than a few scratches that were unnoticeable unless you REALLY looked, my screen stayed in pristine condition for the full year... And it took a few unintentional drops

laz305

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe I just learned about tempered glass screen protectors but I'll be trying out one by Coolreall and looks like it'll protect better than anything else and also keep an amazing picture quality

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I switched to Zagg glass and now have glass on every device. It's like there's not even one on there and they replace them for free (you pay shipping). I had about 4 replacements on my 6 plus and never a scratch on my screen, so that tells me I would have scratched my screen at some point without a protector on it.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I have the same case. The screen looks horrible thru the built in screen protector. Just saying.
Put mine in my Catalyst waterproof case that indeed has a built in screen protector and it will stay in this case for its time with me.
I have the same case. The screen looks horrible thru the Catalyst built in protector. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the same case. The screen looks horrible thru the built in screen protector. Just saying.

Generally, the clarity isn't as good as if you were using the device without the plastic screen protector or a tempered glass one, but it is one of the tradeoffs you have to accept for waterproofing your device.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a ZAGG on my 6+. I decided against putting a protector on this device. It looks better without IMO and I have insurance Applecare. So no worries.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Always hated them. My fingertips don't like the way they feel. Didn't even apply one this time around. Apple takes pride in these screens and the feel of them is just so amazing. The OCD in me constantly wipes it clean with my Toddy cloth that I carry around. I had my 5 for three years and the screen still looked amazing upon trade in.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Always hated them. My fingertips don't like the way they feel. Didn't even apply one this time around. Apple takes pride in these screens and the feel of them is just so amazing. The OCD in me constantly wipes it clean with my Toddy cloth that I carry around. I had my 5 for three years and the screen still looked amazing upon trade in.

Right there with ya. My OCD can't stand when there is any little flaw in the screen protector installation, whether its crooked or dust under it. Last time I tried to have Zagg install it and they did a worse job than I could have. Im not wasting any more money on screen protectors.

Now my wife, thats a different story. She throws her phone in her purse with her keys and god knows what else in there. A screen protector is a must for her.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
screen protectors never look or feel right to me... never used one on any of my iphones before... not going to use on 6S+

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Zagg glass in mine 6S+ atm, but hate the way it looks. I'm OCD about the screen and put one on right after I took the plastic wrap from the phone before turning it on.

I am considering ordering one of the Cinders when those are released in a couple of weeks. $45 is a bit steep, but they truly cover the entire screen. I've found that many of the so-called edge to edge ballistic glass don't really adhere well and collect mass quantities of dust around the edges.

Delighted

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I am now!:concern:
My six months experience with the iPhone 6 indicate it's susceptible to fine scratches and even larger embedded scratching. I had to sell it at a reduced price to finance my 6s purchase.

And my 4 day old iPhone 6s picked up a sizable scratch yesterday after laying a cardboard shipping box on it while working in the garage (assume it was the metal staple or maybe concrete dust on bottom of box).
On impulse I decided to go to the store and paid a restock fee and got a different color 6s. Guess they didn't think the scratch was as big of a deal like I did.

side note: wonder what the differences are between the prior 5+ Samsung phones I used without a screen protector (I was one of those "Never Have, Never Will' owners).

Just finished installing an IQ Shield and thus far it looks great...even though it needs some time to dry/fit.

Oh well...just my experience.;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73