Nope it's just a phone and I've got way more j worry about in my life than a phone.
    raphie and moaningmyrtle like this.
    09-28-2015 10:56 PM
    Its an expensive device, and because of the size and weight, it will be vulnerable if falls. The first thing that I will do is get a tempered glass protection for this device.
    09-29-2015 01:25 AM
    No screen protector here. Barely had one on my 6 and other than a few scratches that were unnoticeable unless you REALLY looked, my screen stayed in pristine condition for the full year... And it took a few unintentional drops
    09-29-2015 02:37 AM
    Yup got a screen protector on my 6sPlus just to be on the safer side, coz thats the OCD in me.
    09-29-2015 03:12 AM
    Yup got a screen protector on my 6sPlus just to be on the safer side, coz thats the OCD in me.
    According to Apple's claim, how much stronger is the screen of 6S+ compared to its predecessor, which uses Gorilla Glass 3?
    09-29-2015 09:13 AM
    I can't believe I just learned about tempered glass screen protectors but I'll be trying out one by Coolreall and looks like it'll protect better than anything else and also keep an amazing picture quality
    09-29-2015 09:43 AM
    I switched to Zagg glass and now have glass on every device. It's like there's not even one on there and they replace them for free (you pay shipping). I had about 4 replacements on my 6 plus and never a scratch on my screen, so that tells me I would have scratched my screen at some point without a protector on it.
    09-29-2015 09:56 AM
    I have the same case. The screen looks horrible thru the built in screen protector. Just saying.
    Put mine in my Catalyst waterproof case that indeed has a built in screen protector and it will stay in this case for its time with me.
    I have the same case. The screen looks horrible thru the Catalyst built in protector. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-29-2015 10:24 AM
    I have the same case. The screen looks horrible thru the built in screen protector. Just saying.
    Generally, the clarity isn't as good as if you were using the device without the plastic screen protector or a tempered glass one, but it is one of the tradeoffs you have to accept for waterproofing your device.
    09-29-2015 10:30 AM
    I had a ZAGG on my 6+. I decided against putting a protector on this device. It looks better without IMO and I have insurance Applecare. So no worries.
    09-29-2015 10:43 AM
    Nope. Always hated them. My fingertips don't like the way they feel. Didn't even apply one this time around. Apple takes pride in these screens and the feel of them is just so amazing. The OCD in me constantly wipes it clean with my Toddy cloth that I carry around. I had my 5 for three years and the screen still looked amazing upon trade in.
    09-29-2015 02:38 PM
    Nope. Always hated them. My fingertips don't like the way they feel. Didn't even apply one this time around. Apple takes pride in these screens and the feel of them is just so amazing. The OCD in me constantly wipes it clean with my Toddy cloth that I carry around. I had my 5 for three years and the screen still looked amazing upon trade in.
    Right there with ya. My OCD can't stand when there is any little flaw in the screen protector installation, whether its crooked or dust under it. Last time I tried to have Zagg install it and they did a worse job than I could have. Im not wasting any more money on screen protectors.

Now my wife, thats a different story. She throws her phone in her purse with her keys and god knows what else in there. A screen protector is a must for her.
    09-29-2015 02:44 PM
    screen protectors never look or feel right to me... never used one on any of my iphones before... not going to use on 6S+
    09-29-2015 02:59 PM
    I have a Zagg glass in mine 6S+ atm, but hate the way it looks. I'm OCD about the screen and put one on right after I took the plastic wrap from the phone before turning it on.

I am considering ordering one of the Cinders when those are released in a couple of weeks. $45 is a bit steep, but they truly cover the entire screen. I've found that many of the so-called edge to edge ballistic glass don't really adhere well and collect mass quantities of dust around the edges.
    09-29-2015 07:07 PM
    Yes, I am now!
    My six months experience with the iPhone 6 indicate it's susceptible to fine scratches and even larger embedded scratching. I had to sell it at a reduced price to finance my 6s purchase.

And my 4 day old iPhone 6s picked up a sizable scratch yesterday after laying a cardboard shipping box on it while working in the garage (assume it was the metal staple or maybe concrete dust on bottom of box).
    On impulse I decided to go to the store and paid a restock fee and got a different color 6s. Guess they didn't think the scratch was as big of a deal like I did.

side note: wonder what the differences are between the prior 5+ Samsung phones I used without a screen protector (I was one of those "Never Have, Never Will' owners).

Just finished installing an IQ Shield and thus far it looks great...even though it needs some time to dry/fit.

Oh well...just my experience.
    09-30-2015 07:42 AM
    Anker Glass installed once iPhone showed up. Out of the bot and glass applied. I have scratched up other devices in the past..... Not any more.
    09-30-2015 10:24 AM
    Anker Glass installed once iPhone showed up. Out of the bot and glass applied. I have scratched up other devices in the past..... Not any more.
    I'm using the Anker too. Awesome deal at 6.99 shipped from Amazon prime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-30-2015 10:53 AM
    Yes. I always use a matte screen protector (usually MediaDevil brand) because I love the always smooth texture. The clear ones and the naked screen always wind up being too tacky for me especially for gestures.
    Last edited by j_benj; 09-30-2015 at 11:49 AM.
    09-30-2015 11:27 AM
    I've used them in the past and always taken them off. Especially on the 2.5d glass the 6/6s uses makes an unsightly edge even with the tempered glass protectors.
    09-30-2015 05:14 PM
    Don't use any protector .33mm or thicker. Tried it on mine, doesn't work.
    09-30-2015 06:13 PM
    I'm using a Zagg glass screen protector. I had it on my 6 Plus as well. It works perfectly with 3D Touch.
    09-30-2015 06:25 PM
    I always protect my devices either with screen protectors and a cover or a cover with it integrated. I like to enjoy them but also like to think on resale value when upgrading later.
    10-02-2015 06:51 PM
    I always protect my devices either with screen protectors and a cover or a cover with it integrated. I like to enjoy them but also like to think on resale value when upgrading later.
    Yay for Badtz Maru!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 07:10 PM
    First thing I did after taking it from the box. I like having the added protection, always use the Spigen protectors.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 07:16 PM
    I would usually use them though over the years I think I only had one or two that were perfect installs which I think one was on a 3S. One phone I went through 2 or 3 and never was perfect no matter how well it was cleaned. So this time I would like to use one but not going to keep buying them because I screw up the install.
    10-02-2015 08:32 PM
66 123