Can anyone explain why this would be?
    09-26-2015 10:24 PM
    Usually from what I've experienced, iCloud and iTunes backup differently. iCloud does not backup app data only an iTunes backup will do that (if you've transferred your purchases). Do you still have your old phone to try an iTunes backup?
    09-26-2015 10:49 PM
    iCloud definitely backs up app data. Not the apps themselves, but your personal data for that app (whatever the app developers indicated should be backed up, some stuff like caches that can be redownloaded won't be backed up).
    This is correct.

What the problem seems to be is the iCloud restore process. As of late it has been garbage. I did a restore on iTunes because I didn't even want to bother with iCloud and it not just downloading apps. I'm sure Apple is aware of the problems it is having for some people.
    09-27-2015 12:20 PM
    I bought my iPhone 6S yesterday and my phone has been restoring for a full 24 hours and still hasn't finished. Not sure what the problem is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-27-2015 12:59 PM
    I bought my iPhone 6S yesterday and my phone has been restoring for a full 24 hours and still hasn't finished. Not sure what the problem is.

I am having the same problem. Was trying to not do an iTunes as my battery has been a bit funny with the new iPhone and thought of my setting through iTunes as I used iCloud once before and worked beautifully don't know what to do. If I should go back to the one I did on the 23rd. But that just means I loose my messages and stuff I like to keep.
    09-27-2015 10:01 PM
    I am having the same problem. Was trying to not do an iTunes as my battery has been a bit funny with the new iPhone and thought of my setting through iTunes as I used iCloud once before and worked beautifully don't know what to do. If I should go back to the one I did on the 23rd. But that just means I loose my messages and stuff I like to keep.
    I just stopped the restoration process. It was taking too long. All of my apps had downloaded and I was using my phone as I have always, so I'm not sure what it was restoring still. But, now everything is ok. Back to normal.

09-28-2015 09:24 AM
    I just stopped the restoration process. It was taking too long. All of my apps had downloaded and I was using my phone as I have always, so I'm not sure what it was restoring still. But, now everything is ok. Back to normal.

iCloud restores have always been that way for me since iCloud backup/restore was introduced.
    09-28-2015 09:43 AM