I got my new iPhone 6s Plus today. I set it up and updated to the latest ios software without any problems; however, now my notification sounds, lock sounds, and keyboard sounds aren't working for some reason. I checked the notification and sound settings and everything is turned on. "Do Not Disturb" is turned off. When I lock and unlock the phone, no sound. When I type on the keyboard, no sound. I tried sending emails and text messages to myself, no notification sounds. What gives? I know I had sounds when I first set up the phone. Is it a bug? Anyone else experiencing this? I tried rebooting a couple of times and that didn't fix it either. Any ideas how to fix this?
    09-26-2015 02:12 AM
    Try doing a reset all settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EBynum likes this.
    09-26-2015 02:13 AM
    I'm not being mean, but if you come from android you might not know about the little vibrate switch on the top left of the phone. Make sure that's in the sound position.

EBynum likes this.
    09-26-2015 02:23 AM
    My first iPhone I had it on for a week and was wondering why my phone wasn't making any noise. I was so pissed.

EBynum likes this.
    09-26-2015 02:25 AM
    I just tried that, Peligro911. It didn't work. Still no sounds. I tried calling the phone too, and no ringtone. So it appears none of the sounds work. This is so weird. This is my first iPhone.
    09-26-2015 02:27 AM
    Oh, thank you RobbyRob!! I found the vibrate switch and switched it to the sound position. Sounds are now working! Phew!! I must have accidentally switched it off when I put my case on it. Definitely didn't know about that switch.
    Peligro911 and RobbyRob like this.
    09-26-2015 02:35 AM
    That little switch will get you every time! LOL! On the bright side it is a lot more practical than the new wonky way Android implemented the new sound controls. Android is nice and all, but sometimes I just feel that they try too hard and make things more complex than they need to be. So when you get something like the iPhone that is simple and easy to use you tend to overlook something so simple as a switch. Android this would be a wipe dalvik(sp?) cache and re-format the boot partition with a flux compactor while singing my little pony situation... Glad that fixed it! Enjoy your new phone.
    EBynum, TechnoMTB and TurboTiger like this.
    09-26-2015 03:49 AM
    Thanks again, RobbyRob. I'm glad it was such a simple fix. I was starting to panic. LOL! Actually, I'm not that familiar with Android. I also use Windows Phone (soon to be Windows 10 Mobile), which I love and is also simple and straightforward to use. Looking forward to the new flagships being announced next month. I have an iPad Air 2, which is awesome, so wanted to try out the new iPhone. I have a couple of phone lines on AT&T, so the iPhone is on one and one of the new Microsoft flagships will be on the other. I have a bit of a phone fetish.
    09-26-2015 05:05 AM
    THANK U, THANK U, THANK U!!!!!!
    Yes, I am a newbie to iPhone. Coming from Android........I love my iPhone and people like you make it even better!
    10-30-2015 01:09 PM
    I'm not being mean, but if you come from android you might not know about the little vibrate switch on the top left of the phone. Make sure that's in the sound position.

You are a genius!! THANK YOU!!!!!
    01-04-2017 03:19 PM
    My first iPhone I had it on for a week and was wondering why my phone wasn't making any noise. I was so pissed.

Works like a charm! Thank you so much
    02-20-2017 11:44 AM