Notification sounds, lock sounds, keyboard sounds not working anymore. How can I fix this?

EBynum

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Notification sounds, lock sounds, keyboard sounds not working anymore

I got my new iPhone 6s Plus today. I set it up and updated to the latest ios software without any problems; however, now my notification sounds, lock sounds, and keyboard sounds aren't working for some reason. I checked the notification and sound settings and everything is turned on. "Do Not Disturb" is turned off. When I lock and unlock the phone, no sound. When I type on the keyboard, no sound. I tried sending emails and text messages to myself, no notification sounds. What gives? I know I had sounds when I first set up the phone. Is it a bug? Anyone else experiencing this? I tried rebooting a couple of times and that didn't fix it either. Any ideas how to fix this?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Notification sounds, lock sounds, keyboard sounds not working anymore

Try doing a reset all settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

I'm not being mean, but if you come from android you might not know about the little vibrate switch on the top left of the phone. Make sure that's in the sound position.

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

My first iPhone I had it on for a week and was wondering why my phone wasn't making any noise. I was so pissed.

EBynum

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

I just tried that, Peligro911. It didn't work. Still no sounds. I tried calling the phone too, and no ringtone. So it appears none of the sounds work. This is so weird. This is my first iPhone.

EBynum

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Oh, thank you RobbyRob!! I found the vibrate switch and switched it to the sound position. Sounds are now working! Phew!! I must have accidentally switched it off when I put my case on it. Definitely didn't know about that switch.

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

That little switch will get you every time! LOL! On the bright side it is a lot more practical than the new wonky way Android implemented the new sound controls. Android is nice and all, but sometimes I just feel that they try too hard and make things more complex than they need to be. So when you get something like the iPhone that is simple and easy to use you tend to overlook something so simple as a switch. Android this would be a wipe dalvik(sp?) cache and re-format the boot partition with a flux compactor while singing my little pony situation... Glad that fixed it! Enjoy your new phone.

EBynum

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Thanks again, RobbyRob. I'm glad it was such a simple fix. I was starting to panic. LOL! Actually, I'm not that familiar with Android. I also use Windows Phone (soon to be Windows 10 Mobile), which I love and is also simple and straightforward to use. Looking forward to the new flagships being announced next month. I have an iPad Air 2, which is awesome, so wanted to try out the new iPhone. I have a couple of phone lines on AT&T, so the iPhone is on one and one of the new Microsoft flagships will be on the other. I have a bit of a phone fetish. ;)

beadams18

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
THANK U, THANK U, THANK U!!!!!!
Yes, I am a newbie to iPhone. Coming from Android........I love my iPhone and people like you make it even better!

papersky

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site

I'm not being mean, but if you come from android you might not know about the little vibrate switch on the top left of the phone. Make sure that's in the sound position.

You are a genius!! THANK YOU!!!!!

zakg25

Oct 16, 2019
Visit site

That is not mean Whatsoever I actually am one of those people that just switched. And I was experiencing the same issue. Your comment was what helped me figure it out! Thank you! You’d be surprised how many huge differences between the 2 phones there are... like I’m a huge tech nerd and it didn’t even occur to me to check that switch. Because it was never there before on my androids. Thanks!

zakg25

Oct 16, 2019
Visit site

So true! I love my Now that I’ve made the switch from galaxy. It has been a perfect experience, the only problem I ever face, is because I’m overlooking a very SIMPLE solution. Where as I’m used to things having to go deep into settings for a simple fix

That little switch will get you every time! LOL! On the bright side it is a lot more practical than the new wonky way Android implemented the new sound controls. Android is nice and all, but sometimes I just feel that they try too hard and make things more complex than they need to be. So when you get something like the iPhone that is simple and easy to use you tend to overlook something so simple as a switch. Android this would be a wipe dalvik(sp?) cache and re-format the boot partition with a flux compactor while singing my little pony situation... Glad that fixed it! Enjoy your new phone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Hello and welcome to iMore! I'm sure that you will find the help you're looking for. When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox