New iPhone 6s Plus lagging.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having any of these problems. I restored from iTunes Backup from my 6 Plus to my 6s Plus and also updated to iOS9.0.2 via iTunes. My device performance is great.

My original 6s Plus's performance was great. The replacement one sucks. I made another Genius appointment for later in the week. Genius has been booked solid at least 3 days in advances and they haven't had any replacement phones in stock. I needed to wait 3 days for this one. I begged them to keep my old phone around in case this one was worse which it definitely is.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's the next day and it's not any better. If anything it's worse. This is what I see around 50% of the time when I unlock the phone after having not used it for at least 30 seconds.

Here's a video of me trying to interact with the screen for a good 9 seconds. Eventually it loads the clock app which isn't something I even tapped.

http://youtu.be/IBI4iNRU5FY

It affects anything that causes the screen to turn off. For example I used "hey Siri" and she didn't respond for 10 seconds after the beep. I also had a Bluetooth connection fail because the phone was unresponsive too long.

If a hard reset doesn't help, try restoring as new. Not from back up.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not real sure what problem you have. Try restoring again as new. If that doesn't work, take it to the Genius bar. Let Apple look at it.

I've restored it 3 times. I've already made a Genius appointment, but they are booked solid till the end of the week.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's the next day and it's not any better. If anything it's worse. This is what I see around 50% of the time when I unlock the phone after having not used it for at least 30 seconds.

Here's a video of me trying to interact with the screen for a good 9 seconds. Eventually it loads the clock app which isn't something I even tapped.

http://youtu.be/IBI4iNRU5FY

It affects anything that causes the screen to turn off. For example I used "hey Siri" and she didn't respond for 10 seconds after the beep. I also had a Bluetooth connection fail because the phone was unresponsive too long.

That's exactly what mine was doing. Have you tried installing the Public Beta? That took care of all my issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna try and post a video soon too.

No need for a video. If it's freezing up like the other one here, you'll just need to let Apple look at it. Someone said the public beta fixed theirs. Not sure that's the answer, but won't hurt to try.

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I originally purchased the 6s, and I was amazed at how snappy it was (I'm new to iPhone). I decided I wanted the bigger screen and battery so I returned it for a 6s Plus, and out of the box noticed that it was not as snappy. Touch ID was marginally (less than a second) quicker on the 6s. I've had the 6s plus for about a week now, so plenty of time for it to optimize/setup/etc. It's still quick but I do notice a little bit of lag when I press the home button. With the regular 6s, I'd tap the home button and pretty much immediately the screen would turn on and take me to my home screen (man, touch ID is so fast). With the 6s plus it takes half a second for the screen to turn on, and then another half a second for touch ID to register, so it was noticeably faster on the 6s.

Also, I do sometimes get weirdness when I first unlock the device. It'll take two presses sometimes for an app to open, and sometimes my home screen rotates to landscape and I have to shake the phone around a bit for it to revert to portrait. Seems like mostly software stuff.

I'll try an iTunes restore and see if that helps.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Here's something interesting. If I keep my phone busy, say by playing music, it unlocks normally. The problem seems to be if the phone is inactive. It's like it goes to sleep and needs extra time to wake up.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Here's something interesting. If I keep my phone busy, say by playing music, it unlocks normally. The problem seems to be if the phone is inactive. It's like it goes to sleep and needs extra time to wake up.

Yeah I've noticed that same.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
No need for a video. If it's freezing up like the other one here, you'll just need to let Apple look at it. Someone said the public beta fixed theirs. Not sure that's the answer, but won't hurt to try.

I agree with you on the public beta but then I'm also afraid of other bugs that might come along with it since it's a 'Beta'. Oh well I guess the wait continues for a fix.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Updated to iOS 9 Public B5 and the issue is gone. Battery seems stable and everything is running as it should.

Highly suggest to everyone who is having lag issues.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
My phone seems to have corrected itself after a few days. It lags at most a second, maybe two at times, but very infrequently and no where near the 10 seconds it was originally.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods