New iPhone 6s Plus lagging.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Since we are on the subject of internet speeds, I pay for 30mbps internet through WOW and it has always tested around that speed. A few months ago I decided to try out Google's public DNS servers and have consistently tested 80-100mbps. My bill still reflects 30mbps service. iMoreAppImg_20150930_223222.jpg

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Laggy on my new 6s too. I'm driving up to Oregon now but after I will restore via iTunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My 6s seems fine today. I was reading around and maybe it takes a day or so to settle in? It was really lagging yesterday after I visited the Apple store and they reinstalled my OS.

Today it's been great. No freezing, no battery issue, and it's not getting hot to the touch... So far so good!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine is as smooth as butter. I haven't seen any type of lag. And the screen rotation works much better than it did on the 6 plus.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
My freezing has completely stopped now that I'm on PB, but the rotation issues are driving me crazy.

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I had 9.1 Public Beta 3 , but had to restore down to 9.0.2 because I thought my phone was water damage. Took it to the Apple Store and it wasn't, but with the day i had the "stable" 9.0.2, I did noticed my 6S Plus being very laggy. I went back to 9.1 Public Beta 3 and everything is as fast as it should be. I don't think it should be called beta.

Sucks I still can't share the new emojis, but that's the beta life.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had 9.1 Public Beta 3 , but had to restore down to 9.0.2 because I thought my phone was water damage. Took it to the Apple Store and it wasn't, but with the day i had the "stable" 9.0.2, I did noticed my 6S Plus being very laggy. I went back to 9.1 Public Beta 3 and everything is as fast as it should be. I don't think it should be called beta.

Sucks I still can't share the new emojis, but that's the beta life.

That's a lot of work lol Apple don't care if you are on beta unless you are going in for a software issue. They will have you restore to non beta just to confirm its hardware etc

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
At first I thought I got a bad piece but after reading comments here I'm a bit relieved.

I've done everything, from setting up as new to restore from back up, iCloud back up, you name it.

In the end the issue remains: using Touch ID to unlock the phone, the phone is unusable / freezes for 3-4 seconds on the home screen. This happens especially when a Live wallpaper is enabled.

I guess we will have to wait till Apple fixes this in the next update.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s Plus that never froze or lagged when coming out of the unlock screen. It had a problem where Bluetooth would periodically stop working. I set the new phone up as new and didn't even install any apps on it and already I'm seeing a problem where frequently when I unlock it, it just freezes for a good 10 seconds. I can't do anything and the screen doesn't refresh (there's no status bar at the top). I tried doing a DFU restore as new again and it still has the same problem.

Now my old phone did have the TSMC chip and the new one has the Samsung chip, but other than that they are identical. I think it's a hardware issue considering my old phone didn't have the problem.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s Plus that never froze or lagged when coming out of the unlock screen. It had a problem where Bluetooth would periodically stop working. I set the new phone up as new and didn't even install any apps on it and already I'm seeing a problem where frequently when I unlock it, it just freezes for a good 10 seconds. I can't do anything and the screen doesn't refresh (there's no status bar at the top). I tried doing a DFU restore as new again and it still has the same problem.

Now my old phone did have the TSMC chip and the new one has the Samsung chip, but other than that they are identical. I think it's a hardware issue considering my old phone didn't have the problem.

I have the TSMC chip, same problems. So don't think it's hardware.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's been ten days since I purchased my shinny new Verizon 128gb Space Gray 6s Plus and the word "lagging" is the last word I would use to describe its performance. My 6s Plus is by far the fastest and smoothest smartphone device I've ever used/owned. It's "wicked" fast and smooth as "butta". I am TOTALLY satisfied with it's performance.
I have the TSMC chip if that really makes a difference.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's been ten days since I purchased my shinny new Verizon 128gb Space Gray 6s Plus and the word "lagging" is the last word I would use to describe its performance. My 6s Plus is by far the fastest and smoothest smartphone device I've ever used/owned. It's "wicked" fast and smooth as "butta". I am TOTALLY satisfied with it's performance.
I have the TSMC chip if that really makes a difference.

Seems like most people that had the problem did the 9.0.1 update OTA. Mine had the problem until I starting using PB. Haven't had the problem since.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
The only time my new phone lags (or more specifically freezes) is right after unlocking it. Even when it doesn't lag, the status bar disappears for a second which my old phone never did.

The rest of the time it's as fast as my old one.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Seems like most people that had the problem did the 9.0.1 update OTA. Mine had the problem until I starting using PB. Haven't had the problem since.

I had updated OTA, thought that was the issue so restored via iTunes. But to my disappointment the issue still remains.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
It's the next day and it's not any better. If anything it's worse. This is what I see around 50% of the time when I unlock the phone after having not used it for at least 30 seconds.

Here's a video of me trying to interact with the screen for a good 9 seconds. Eventually it loads the clock app which isn't something I even tapped.

http://youtu.be/IBI4iNRU5FY

It affects anything that causes the screen to turn off. For example I used "hey Siri" and she didn't respond for 10 seconds after the beep. I also had a Bluetooth connection fail because the phone was unresponsive too long.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I had updated OTA, thought that was the issue so restored via iTunes. But to my disappointment the issue still remains.

It's the next day and it's not any better. If anything it's worse. This is what I see around 50% of the time when I unlock the phone after having not used it for at least 30 seconds.

Here's a video of me trying to interact with the screen for a good 9 seconds. Eventually it loads the clock app which isn't something I even tapped.

http://youtu.be/IBI4iNRU5FY

It affects anything that causes the screen to turn off. For example I used "hey Siri" and she didn't respond for 10 seconds after the beep. I also had a Bluetooth connection fail because the phone was unresponsive too long.

I'm not having any of these problems. I restored from iTunes Backup from my 6 Plus to my 6s Plus and also updated to iOS9.0.2 via iTunes. My device performance is great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR