New iPhone 6s Plus lagging.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
A few quick questions for everyone:

- Are you noticing lag even if you set up as a iPhone and don't restore from backup later on?
- After the update, are you still experiencing lag? (And did you restore from backup of not?)

Thanks

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Matters fact I set up has new originally because I assumed an old back up would make a new phone have lag, but found out the phone was functioning perfectly. I decided to restore form back up and it's been working perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aballerdotcom

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why, but this iPhone I bought with t-mobile has a ridiculously slow internet connection, wifi is fast but I can't figure out why the lte is no good.

How much data have you used? You could be throttled. I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T (RARE! I know) and when I go over 10-15gigs of data my internet comes to a halt at times.
f3a6342d5fb2bbbfedcb8c2a226fe5d1.jpg

Weirdest speedtest I've seen. LTE is better than FiOS wifi right now.

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 5s using Crapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How much data have you used? You could be throttled. I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T (RARE! I know) and when I go over 10-15gigs of data my internet comes to a halt at times. //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/29/f3a6342d5fb2bbbfedcb8c2a226fe5d1.jpg
Weirdest speedtest I've seen. LTE is better than FiOS wifi right now.

Have you rebooted the wifi? Might help. That looks awful. I'm getting this with Comcast.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443523769.730924.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That looks like a PC's speedtest and on ethernet that is my speed on my computers 89 up and 89 down.
But there are always wifi issues in my house and nobody from Verizon can fix it.

Comcast upped it recently from the 50 Mbps option plan to 75. I went past that. I only hit 50 once on my 5.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443570488.988465.jpg

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Weird, mine just went away on its on own after the first day.

It takes a while for your phone to index everything on your phone depending on how many apps you have. For those of you having the lag issue, just wait it out for a day or 2 and all should be good. Restoring or updating from iTunes is always a good idea when updating your phone. Doing it via OTA always results into some issues because the full update package is not fully installed.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
So my phone went berserk for a bit today. Unlocked it in portrait and it was stuck in landscape. If I opened apps they opened correctly, but the home screens wouldn't show in portrait. At the same time my iMessages stopped working. They would just sit there trying to send and got the not delivered thing.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So my phone went berserk for a bit today. Unlocked it in portrait and it was stuck in landscape. If I opened apps they opened correctly, but the home screens wouldn't show in portrait. At the same time my iMessages stopped working. They would just sit there trying to send and got the not delivered thing.

Update to 9.1 if you can it fixed all the stutter and lag I had on 9.01

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Strange I have not had any lag since loading 9.1

This wasn't really lag. Just the home screen was stuck in landscape. Opening apps worked like it should. It's just when I closed them the home screen was still stuck in landscape.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This wasn't really lag. Just the home screen was stuck in landscape. Opening apps worked like it should. It's just when I closed them the home screen was still stuck in landscape.

Oh I see .. I wouldn't have that ... I have my screen rotate locked all the time because app try to rotate on me while reading laying down.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Oh I see .. I wouldn't have that ... I have my screen rotate locked all the time because app try to rotate on me while reading laying down.

I really like that it can go in landscape. The landscape options that are similar to the iPad are one of the big reasons I wanted the Plua.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I really like that it can go in landscape. The landscape options that are similar to the iPad are one of the big reasons I wanted the Plua.

Hopefully it was just a glitch and doesn't happen often or maybe they will fix in b3

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hopefully it was just a glitch and doesn't happen often or maybe they will fix in b3

It wasn't really sticking on 9.0.1, but it often didn't open in the correct orientation. Hopefully it is something software related and not the accelerometer.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It wasn't really sticking on 9.0.1, but it often didn't open in the correct orientation. Hopefully it is something software related and not the accelerometer.

It must be software related and I'm using 9.1 PB2 as well. Exact same issue I had but it only happens once on me. Home screen is stuck on landscape mode but when I open the app that supports both orientation it's on portrait mode. Closed the app and the home screen is still on landscape mode.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
It must be software related and I'm using 9.1 PB2 as well. Exact same issue I had but it only happens once on me. Home screen is stuck on landscape mode but when I open the app that supports both orientation it's on portrait mode. Closed the app and the home screen is still on landscape mode.

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 6s is actually experiencing this problem too. I've setup as new, even tried updating to beta in hopes it would be resolved.

This is a little frustrating as I'm not ever happy about the thought of exchanging a device.

There is always that chance I'll get something worse. So I think I'll be holding out with it. Unless it gets to the point that the device is unusable or frozen for more than a few seconds, I'll just stick with it.

If it gets bad enough it's obvious, I'm sure showing it to an Apple technician would serve my case well.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk.

madkoda12

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I noticed this issue as well. When I first set up the phone as new it didn't have this problem at all. But after having to do a data wipe and reset I restored it from itunes and it started having the issue. (Had to reset because I am sending back to Apple and they tried to trouble shoot it before having me send it back).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro