New iPhone 6s Plus lagging.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Definitely notice a hang when unlocking with Touch-ID.
Will probably restore using itunes and update to 9.01 and try again.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Definitely notice a hang when unlocking with Touch-ID.
Will probably restore using itunes and update to 9.01 and try again.

I had the same issue, doing a fresh install cleaned it up and it runs perfect again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirbenjaminj

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Definitely noticed a lag and screen freeze for the first few hours after I got it. Turned it off a couple times and charged it, updated to 9.0.1. Problem solved.

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
A few quick questions for everyone:

- Are you noticing lag even if you set up as a iPhone and don't restore from backup later on?
- After the update, are you still experiencing lag? (And did you restore from backup of not?)

Thanks

Posted via the iMore App for Android

wilzrsx

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
No lag issues here.

Turned on, setup as new, updated to 9.0.1, then restored from iTunes backup.

iTunes backup was from iPhone 6 on 9.0.1

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
A few quick questions for everyone:

- Are you noticing lag even if you set up as a iPhone and don't restore from backup later on?
- After the update, are you still experiencing lag? (And did you restore from backup of not?)

Thanks

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I set mine up as new out of the box and updated as soon as I got the prompt. I hadn't fully set it up before updating so I didn't need to restore from back up. I could try restoring through iTunes, but I want to see if a hard reset and full charge might help.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I heard turning off wifi assist under cellular settings stops the lag I did it and will report back .. If not tomorrow I'll upgrade to 9.1 and see .. I setup as new and have the lag after unlock

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to iOS 9.1, beta 2, restored it from my iTunes (encrypted) back up and have not looked back. No issues here at all.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Same issue here. It was bad. I restored on 9.0.1 and restored my backup via iTunes and no issues since. Problem solved. I originally updated to 9.0.1 via OTA and that's when the issue had come on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Reading from the threads, I think the issue is resolved by restoring and updating your phone through iTunes. That seems to be consistent from the post that I read. Don't update your phone via OTA, use iTunes. This way, it will install the fall update.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
So far after updating to PB2 and doing a couple hard resets b2b seems to have solved the freezing. So far at least.

allipki

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
can you describe in steps how to restore 9.0.1 through itunes, i did ota update as well and like to try to redo it.
thanks

Same issue here. It was bad. I restored on 9.0.1 and restored my backup via iTunes and no issues since. Problem solved. I originally updated to 9.0.1 via OTA and that's when the issue had come on.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Reading from the threads, I think the issue is resolved by restoring and updating your phone through iTunes. That seems to be consistent from the post that I read. Don't update your phone via OTA, use iTunes. This way, it will install the fall update.

Exactly right. My guess there must be something bad with the OTA update not installing correctly.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
can you describe in steps how to restore 9.0.1 through itunes, i did ota update as well and like to try to redo it.
thanks

Just plug your phone in. Click on the iPhone tab that pops up in iTunes and the "restore iPhone" button should be under the the iOS 9.01 section.

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah this issue is very bad and I had a non-responsive screen and no cell service the night I got my phone and did the OTA update.

I just got really mad and installed the public iOS 9.1 beta 2 on my 6S Plus and it is running fine. Just a shame no one can see my new emojis.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73