New iPhone 6s Plus lagging.

crackercraig

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for about 7 hours. At first right out of the box it was very snappy. Very quick. Then after I set it up (as new iPhone). Didn't do it from a back up, it prompted me to update to 9.0.1. Since doing that I'm noticing a lot of little things that concern me.
Everyone of the following is happening but not all the time, when it doesn't happen it works very very well as expected.
1- fingerprint unlock sometimes doesn't work at all
2- home pages not changing when swiping left to right or right to left.
3- all home screen apps are frozen, not responding to press in landscape.
4- very poor rotation response when I rotate the phone.
5- apps rotate back when going from landscape to portrait but not the bottom dock apps. They stay sideways.

Again, none of these issues are constant. When the phone does work, it works well. Outstanding actually. For instance, the fingerprint unlock is so fast that I almost question if the phone was locked. Rotation very fast. But the issues I've had are "bugging" me.

Anyone else had similar issues? Could it be 9.0.1 or could it be an issue with the device itself?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Can you try backing up and restoring from iTunes(not just restore from your phone)? The software might not have unpacked properly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6s + is also showing hiccups. Some apps freezing up, home pages not responding. I also set mine up as a new device. Probably software. Hopefully update comes fast to fix this crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crackercraig

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Can you try backing up and restoring from iTunes(not just restore from your phone)? The software might not have unpacked properly

I set it up as a new phone. Didn't want to carry over any of the stuff that was on my old phone. Wanted to start fresh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I meant plugging the phone into your computer and restore the iphone from iTunes. This will download a completely new iOS package and install it. It sounds like the base system is wonky and not your data

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've noticed alot of times when I first unlock using TouchID my screen is frozen for 2-3 seconds. Haven't had any crashes or rotation issues though. Haven't really tried anything to fix it yet. I also set up as new instead of using any backups.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed alot of times when I first unlock using TouchID my screen is frozen for 2-3 seconds. Haven't had any crashes or rotation issues though. Haven't really tried anything to fix it yet. I also set up as new instead of using any backups.

I'm experiencing that exact same thing.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Only hiccup I've experienced consistently today is the Live wallpaper not responding at times when pressed...other than that, everything seems to be functioning normally and feels quite spritely compared to my 6 Plus (which was already a great performer in my opinion).

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Only hiccup I've experienced consistently today is the Live wallpaper not responding at times when pressed...other than that, everything seems to be functioning normally and feels quite spritely compared to my 6 Plus (which was already a great performer in my opinion).

Live wallpaper is only the lock screen correct ?

Everlast716

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why, but this iPhone I bought with t-mobile has a ridiculously slow internet connection, wifi is fast but I can't figure out why the lte is no good.iMoreAppImg_20150925_222548.jpg

Everlast716

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why, but this iPhone I bought with t-mobile has a ridiculously slow internet connection, wifi is fast but I can't figure out why the lte is no good.View attachment 92729

I had a note 4 before this and it was fast as heck at home, I thought this new iPhone would be better with the new band 12. Anyone else have this issue and what might I be able to do to fix the network speed. T-mobile is away faster than this!

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine is not doing much better as of right now. Granted I am not in the best area. I will definitely try when I get home though. I'm on Verizon.
1313375b80d2236d7301d738fe383141.jpg

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Strangely enough, mine is getting much better speeds than my 6. Only averaged 7-8 on it.
ac6f34c5b67dcc86fbf8053bc0cf7375.jpg

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the lag as well. Sometimes after unlocking the phone it will be unresponsive for a few seconds. I've seen a few hiccups while swiping through the home screens.

I think it was happening even before I updated to 9.0.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR