How do you like your iPhone 6S Plus

laz305

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I am having horrible battery life. Is it still a requirement to charge the phone for 24hrs out the box? Won't last me 5hrs.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having horrible battery life. Is it still a requirement to charge the phone for 24hrs out the box? Won't last me 5hrs.

I would say that something is wrong. The batt life is my favorite thing about this phone. It lasts me all day 12-13 hours. That's with heavy "teenage use". I also didn't charge my phone for 24 hours out of the box. Get it checked out.

laz305

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah and it also takes like 5hrs to fully charge. Is it cuz I'm using the old charger from my 6? Is the 6S+ charger different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durx

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I just returned my 6s today and picked up a 6s plus. I'd say it's got way more lag than the 6s.

I'm hoping that it improves after everything has been indexed etc, but currently I'm not overly happy.

The battery is obviously far superior. Let's just wait and see how things go but currently I'm thinking I'll be back to the 6s at this rate.

I'm glad to say that after an initial few days and pulling down all my cloud photos etc this phone is now awesome.

The lag has disappeared and things are smooth as butter.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
This is kind of a ridiculous sentiment...because this is a new generation phone that is replacing the last phone, of course it's going to be better than the last phone, it's an enhanced version of it...would you expect them to just release the same device over again and slap an "S" on it? Every time an S model comes out, it takes what was there and makes it better.

So saying this phone is what the 6 Plus "SHOULD" have been is absurd...plain and simple. If you use that logic, you might as well just say "New phones are what old phones should have been.", I mean it sounds ridiculous, but it's equally as effective.

The rest of your post is just opinionated banter, so I won't retort on that except to say I personally think live wallpapers are pretty cool now that I've personally made a few and tried them on my lock screen. Is it some mind blowing tool? Not at all, it's just a fun feature to let you customize your phone a bit more. God forbid Apple give people something that yields more entertainment value than productivity...lol.

Absolutely agree with you. Some people have the tendency to react right away on things they have not fully understand yet. These kind of people often swallow their words in the end.

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday afternoon. I'm coming from a 5s. So far it's awesome. It's everything I was hoping it would be. I like the large screen and I got plenty of storage now (128 as opposed to 16). Anyway, overall it's the greatest thing ever but I do have some comments and observations.

First, it's big. Taking it in and out of my pocket is nothing like it used to be with the 5s. Not saying that's a bad thing and this is what I wanted. But thinking about what it will be like and then actually handling this phone are two different things. And it's got some weight to it.

I got the 3M privacy guard for it. I recommend not using that. It does the job but it's a little ugly and you tend to rock the phone side to side more since it's so big. So that privacy keeps blacking out the screen as you are handling the phone. Also a stylus doesn't work with it. I never use a stylus but if I did then I couldn't with the privacy guard on.

I also got the Apple silicone case. It's not bad but kinda hard to put on and also difficult to take off if you need to do that. Also if you prop it up against a wall or something then the slick surface of the silicone case makes it slide and eventually fall flat. So not happy about that either. I think I need a different case.

3D Touch is good. I keep hearing people say it's, "useful". And yeah, it is "useful". I like the little clicking effect it has as it pops and peaks and all that. Pretty nice. Not a "must have" but good. I think this will be something we will all grow into over time.

Not sure what's causing this but here's what happens: iPhone is locked. I put in my finger on the TouchID. It logs in. Then there is some weird lag that happens before the info at the top of the screen shows up. Also can't tap on anything. Then about 2 seconds later it all starts working. Not sure if that's a byproduct of me upgrading instead of clean setup. Or some bug in 9.0.1. For now I'm just chalking it up to a software bug.

Performance is great. Then again, the 5s was nothing to sneeze at and has held up well for the last 2 years. So honestly I'm not blown away. But it's great performance as I expected. Just not earth shattering like all the popular tech blogs might lead you to believe.

Also I was a little disappointed that iPhone 6s Plus users don't get Split View. I guess that must be an iPad-only thing. Oh well. Was kinda looking forward to trying that out. I picture in picture is only for iPad users as well. Although I haven't fully looked into all that yet.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for my first 24 hours of use point of view. Besides the stuff I wrote above,.. I can't out this phone down. I love it. It's so great. Best smartphone in the world imo. :)

You may want to try a clean setup. Some of the issues you are mentioning, like the lag when using Touch ID, definitely may be a byproduct of years of upgrades and backups bringing crud with it onto your new phone.

My phone was setup as new and it absolutely flies. Your 5S should be blown out of the water speed-wise.

Good luck.

jjtheprince

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Coming from an iphone 5c with 16gb of storage, I'd have to say that I'm extremely impressed with my 6s plus so far.

The phone is very fast, battery life is amazing, and the camera...wow! Having touch ID and Apple pay now is really great too.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
K
Touch ID is too fast on the lock screen. I don't see it. I missed my alerts this morning. It's so fast it bypasses the lock screen. Need to redo my prints to make it more difficult.
You have several choices, just takes a bit of habit to overcome.
1. Use another finger on home button.
2. Tilt finger with print so use more finger nail to press home button.
3. Use the off/on button on right side of device.
Once you break habit from past, you will be fine. It's not such abig deal!

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nope...same charger and same cords. Something is probably wrong with your specific phone.

Do yourself a big favor and either use your iPad charger or get one from Apple Store. It's all I use now with my phone, 6s plus, charges from completely dead to full in 1 hr and 55 min.
Charge rate from zero to 70% is 1% increase per minute.
Approved by Apple for use on iPhones. Get the 2.1 amp model, 12 watts.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Do yourself a big favor and either use your iPad charger or get one from Apple Store. It's all I use now with my phone, 6s plus, charges from completely dead to full in 1 hr and 55 min.
Charge rate from zero to 70% is 1% increase per minute.
Approved by Apple for use on iPhones. Get the 2.1 amp model, 12 watts.

I think you quoted the wrong post/person...I actually do use an iPad charger on my night stand personally.

gpo1956

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
This is kind of a ridiculous sentiment...because this is a new generation phone that is replacing the last phone, of course it's going to be better than the last phone, it's an enhanced version of it...would you expect them to just release the same device over again and slap an "S" on it? Every time an S model comes out, it takes what was there and makes it better.

So saying this phone is what the 6 Plus "SHOULD" have been is absurd...plain and simple. If you use that logic, you might as well just say "New phones are what old phones should have been.", I mean it sounds ridiculous, but it's equally as effective.

The rest of your post is just opinionated banter, so I won't retort on that except to say I personally think live wallpapers are pretty cool now that I've personally made a few and tried them on my lock screen. Is it some mind blowing tool? Not at all, it's just a fun feature to let you customize your phone a bit more. God forbid Apple give people something that yields more entertainment value than productivity...lol.

Why so angry? You're obviously a younger person, I hate to see you over-reacting to something so trivial.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73