How do you like your iPhone 6S Plus

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Pretty impressed with the battery. So much for the wall hugger comments from bitter haters.
bd5a7c1093390c7d8b0bbeac5db1cb20.jpg
69c89005434211e07e6972a1a6e8ece0.jpg

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow, it's cool that Apple implemented a screen on time for each app. Now I can shame myself in how much I procrastinate instead of writing my dissertation. :p

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow, it's cool that Apple implemented a screen on time for each app. Now I can shame myself in how much I procrastinate instead of writing my dissertation. :p

Yeh agree, I think that's one of the top 5 features! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
It's an iPhone. Reliable and works. I just NEED the latest and greatest at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Loving everything about it. It's much faster, touch ID is really quick, 3D touch is great, apart maybe from the task switcher - which is more hassle then tapping home button - especially on 6S+. Battery life is decent, but will report back in few months on that :)
I have a feeling that lot of iOS 9 development time and love went into 6S(+) line up, probably more then to the previous models. So far so good.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Loving everything about it. It's much faster, touch ID is really quick, 3D touch is great, apart maybe from the task switcher - which is more hassle then tapping home button - especially on 6S+. Battery life is decent, but will report back in few months on that :)
I have a feeling that lot of iOS 9 development time and love went into 6S(+) line up, probably more then to the previous models. So far so good.
I really hope they improve the 3D touch for task switching on the 6S Plus. It really is a shame that I have to keep resorting to the home button still. That's pretty much the only missing piece of the puzzle at this point. I'm otherwise really enjoying the phone as I said earlier.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
No issues so far - loving the 6S+... I restored from backup of my 6+... Over high speed broadband - only took couple hours... Always have restored from previous iphones and hasn't been a problem.

Best part of the 6S+... the SPEED. Touch ID is super fast as others have said and the extra RAM is very helpful. Definitely notice the weight increase vs my old 6+... probably my only gripe so far... I like some heft but it's a bit much now.

SeanMorrison

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday afternoon. I'm coming from a 5s. So far it's awesome. It's everything I was hoping it would be. I like the large screen and I got plenty of storage now (128 as opposed to 16). Anyway, overall it's the greatest thing ever but I do have some comments and observations.

First, it's big. Taking it in and out of my pocket is nothing like it used to be with the 5s. Not saying that's a bad thing and this is what I wanted. But thinking about what it will be like and then actually handling this phone are two different things. And it's got some weight to it.

I got the 3M privacy guard for it. I recommend not using that. It does the job but it's a little ugly and you tend to rock the phone side to side more since it's so big. So that privacy keeps blacking out the screen as you are handling the phone. Also a stylus doesn't work with it. I never use a stylus but if I did then I couldn't with the privacy guard on.

I also got the Apple silicone case. It's not bad but kinda hard to put on and also difficult to take off if you need to do that. Also if you prop it up against a wall or something then the slick surface of the silicone case makes it slide and eventually fall flat. So not happy about that either. I think I need a different case.

3D Touch is good. I keep hearing people say it's, "useful". And yeah, it is "useful". I like the little clicking effect it has as it pops and peaks and all that. Pretty nice. Not a "must have" but good. I think this will be something we will all grow into over time.

Not sure what's causing this but here's what happens: iPhone is locked. I put in my finger on the TouchID. It logs in. Then there is some weird lag that happens before the info at the top of the screen shows up. Also can't tap on anything. Then about 2 seconds later it all starts working. Not sure if that's a byproduct of me upgrading instead of clean setup. Or some bug in 9.0.1. For now I'm just chalking it up to a software bug.

Performance is great. Then again, the 5s was nothing to sneeze at and has held up well for the last 2 years. So honestly I'm not blown away. But it's great performance as I expected. Just not earth shattering like all the popular tech blogs might lead you to believe.

Also I was a little disappointed that iPhone 6s Plus users don't get Split View. I guess that must be an iPad-only thing. Oh well. Was kinda looking forward to trying that out. I picture in picture is only for iPad users as well. Although I haven't fully looked into all that yet.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for my first 24 hours of use point of view. Besides the stuff I wrote above,.. I can't out this phone down. I love it. It's so great. Best smartphone in the world imo. :)

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So far so good! I have to admit a few things about it...

- The additional weight makes the device feel more substantial and better quality. I don't mind the added bulk at all, and think I actually prefer it honestly.

- The camera, in my opinion, doesn't really feel drastically different...I can tell that the sharpness seems improved, and it seems to focus a lot quicker than the 6 Plus did, but I feel like the 6 Plus handled artificial lighting situations better than this one does, and that indoor photos, while better quality, seem a bit darker than before on the 6 Plus (something that is easily remedied using the native editing tools for lighting). Not sure if anyone else is noticing this too, but I'm getting a lot of lens flare around direct lighting sources where the 6 Plus isn't...

- Phone performs better...no doubt about it. I guess that should be obvious with 2GB of RAM and upgraded internals/processors. Not sure about battery life, but so far, I really like the snappier functionality of this phone. The 6 Plus seems a hair slower across the board...nothing substantial, but definitely noticeable.

- I LOVE the vibration/haptic feedback feel on this phone. One thing I always felt about the 6 Plus was that the vibration being the way it was made the device feel cheap in a way...like poorly constructed. This new functionality feels quite solid...well polished even.

- 3D Touch is very cool. So many different things that it is injected to...and it feels so fluid. I can't wait to see where they go with this feature set...because so far, especially with the sub menus, it just flows like water. It's starting to feel MORE fluid than OS X, and that is a first for me as I've always preferred the computer based OS vs. the mobile one, but now that gap is definitely closing if not equal to me.

- iOS 9 flies on this new device. You can tell this OS was made for the 6S/6S Plus. I can't even imagine using iOS 9 on a device previous to the last generation...comparatively, it'd have to feel like garbage honestly. Sucks for 5/5S owners because that device is still a great smart phone...but I think I'd stick with iOS 8 if I had one.

- Going back to space grey was a great move for me...I realize I truly prefer the black glass vs. white. I don't think I'll ever buy a white iPhone again.

+ infinity, except for I'm a white iPhone guy because the black faceplates are fingerprint magnets (I know they're on the others, just not as noticeable) imho.

r3id

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Loving my iPhone 6s Plus, and its a real worthy upgrade from my iPhone 6. I always thoguht the size would be an issue but its not, and that camera is amazing! Not too sure how 3D Touch will come into play yet, but it has been implimented well in the stock apps i think.

Reggie T

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Still deciding whether to keep this phone. The Google event yesterday really has me wanting to order the Nexus 6P. I am ordering Friday. I'm pretty invested in the platform. I may keep the 6s+ so I can enjoy both platforms. This is my first iPhone and I like it. I haven't been using my Note 4 and while I don't miss the phone, I miss the OS. Definitely getting the Nexus. May keep the iPhone because it's pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 6 and thought I'd give the larger form factor a try this year. I'm damn glad I did. I LOVE this phone. Every time I pick it up I love it more and more. Typing is so much easier and with 3D Touch I can navigate the UI with one hand thanks to the multitasking swipe. Screen I gorgeous.. device is snappy as hell.. I can't say a bough good things about the 6S+.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
It is everything the 6 plus should have been and is not. The phone feels much more spirited and energetic to use. Having said that, the live wallpapers Apple touted is complete nonsense, I have to actually press and hold down the lock screen?? Why would anyone want to do that? At this point I am not a big fan of the 3d touch either, maybe it will get better but I just don't see myself wanting to press the screen with any exaggerated force.

ben cabebe

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
If you are in the middle of typing a message, you can hard press on any key and it will completely grey out the keyboard and you can move the cursor back and front between the text by swiping your finger around. I'm guessing it's a feature to fix typos more smoothly.

In other words, the keyboard is transformed into a trackpad. I love it.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Just picked it today, I'm not sure yet. Still feels like a regular 6 plus to me. I'll give it a few days before I decide. I like the 3D Touch though a lot.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It is everything the 6 plus should have been and is not. The phone feels much more spirited and energetic to use. Having said that, the live wallpapers Apple touted is complete nonsense, I have to actually press and hold down the lock screen?? Why would anyone want to do that? At this point I am not a big fan of the 3d touch either, maybe it will get better but I just don't see myself wanting to press the screen with any exaggerated force.

This is kind of a ridiculous sentiment...because this is a new generation phone that is replacing the last phone, of course it's going to be better than the last phone, it's an enhanced version of it...would you expect them to just release the same device over again and slap an "S" on it? Every time an S model comes out, it takes what was there and makes it better.

So saying this phone is what the 6 Plus "SHOULD" have been is absurd...plain and simple. If you use that logic, you might as well just say "New phones are what old phones should have been.", I mean it sounds ridiculous, but it's equally as effective.

The rest of your post is just opinionated banter, so I won't retort on that except to say I personally think live wallpapers are pretty cool now that I've personally made a few and tried them on my lock screen. Is it some mind blowing tool? Not at all, it's just a fun feature to let you customize your phone a bit more. God forbid Apple give people something that yields more entertainment value than productivity...lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner