How do you like your iPhone 6S Plus

mchcreative1

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE this device. I was kicking myself for passing up the iPhone 6 Plus but I'm so happy I did. When i first took it out of the box i noticed that it was significantly heavier than my previous devices, but that's not a bad thing. I actually like a little bulk. It feels as if I'm not going to randomly drop my phone. Having the Apple Leather Case on it helps as well. I've never been skin person, but I'm really thinking about slapping a "leatherish" skin on this puppy and calling it a day.

3D Touch is awesome, way better than I expected. Touch ID 2 is noticeably faster, and it feels as if my phone is unlocked even before I lift my finger off the home button. It's super fast, but it's something you have to try for yourself to truly appreciate. I just got married so I used Live Photos ALOT during the wedding. It's a little gimmicky to me, but I can see where it could be used to capture some really one of a kind moments. Which brings me to the camera. I love it and I can honestly say that coming from a 5s, this is a much needed and appreciated upgrade to one the iPhone's key features and strengths. No question the BEST battery life I've ever had on a smartphone. For instance i woke up this morning with 50% still remaining and as I'm writing this it's 11:27pm I have just under 10% left, and that is with normal usage, checking email, texts, Twitter, Facebook, a little YouTube and some light gaming. Your experience, obviously, may very.

As a side note, glass screen protectors work just fine with 3D Touch. I'm currently using on from a company called Coolreall, that I found on amazon and I love it.

There are few things i feel that it's lacking. Not all apps are updated to take advantage of the extra size and functionality, but I'm sure that will come soon. It does stutter ever so slightly when using spotlight search, but that can be fixed as long as I don have too much going on in the background, no big deal.

It will take me a bit to get used to the form factor but at this point this is hands down the BEST smartphone I've used to date. I'm not a die hard fanboy. I have owned Android devices in the past and I've really liked them as well, but for this time around I'm declaring the iPhone 6s Plus....KING. I'm currently on the "S Cycle" and I'll have no problem with having this as my daily driver for the next several months.

Take care everyone.

Durx

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I just returned my 6s today and picked up a 6s plus. I'd say it's got way more lag than the 6s.

I'm hoping that it improves after everything has been indexed etc, but currently I'm not overly happy.

The battery is obviously far superior. Let's just wait and see how things go but currently I'm thinking I'll be back to the 6s at this rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedro Hicken

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I can honestly say that I haven't had any issues with my 6s Plus. However, the fingerprint scanner seems no different to me then the 6 Plus, which was just as quick...

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving the phone so far. I'm coming from the 6 plus and I do not regret it at all. 3D touch is amazing, I just have to get used to using it.

Touch ID is incredibly fast, like another posted said I would tap the home button to check the time or notifications and it would unlock the phone.

The phone is definitely faster and live photo is pretty cool. All in all I am definitely enjoying the new features and new phone as a whole.

Just figured out that you can't use the 3D Touch cursor thing with swiftkey, I guess it's only with the stock keyboard which is somewhat of a downer but I understand the decision.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It took me about 5 weeks to get used to the 6 plus. I went and bought the note 5 and took it back and got the 6s plus. The battery life and the apps are keeping me on ios for now. I used to change to every new android phone probably 5 to 8 times a year and now with apple I can just stick to one new phone a year. But I can tell you it took me a long time to fully commit to the iphone.

To keep from saying the same thing. I'll say ditto. Love my iPhone.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just returned my 6s today and picked up a 6s plus. I'd say it's got way more lag than the 6s.

I'm hoping that it improves after everything has been indexed etc, but currently I'm not overly happy.

The battery is obviously far superior. Let's just wait and see how things go but currently I'm thinking I'll be back to the 6s at this rate.

Did you set it up as new? That would help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't getting lock screen notifications or banner notifications after setting up with an iCloud back up. So I wiped and set up as new, and...Viola!! It works now!!

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why it does that... I do notice however some times that, the system needs to settle and then it's good! I still notice tho that some app content doesn't show up in search. It's like it's not being indexed. I mean the app would show but that's about it...

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't getting lock screen notifications or banner notifications after setting up with an iCloud back up. So I wiped and set up as new, and...Viola!! It works now!!

Yup, only "issue" I had as well. I havent wiped and setup as new yet, but Im sure that will be happening soon. Deleting the app and reinstalling works too for that specific notification.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I am getting little quirks here and there but even that doesn't make me do a restore as new. I really want to avoid that. It is one huge PITA.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It's fun seeing so many people here in the same boat I'm in. For the past 5 years I went through 2-3 Android flagships a year, and a brief stint on a BlackBerry Z10. I have a huge collection of discarded cases. If I drop the ball on trying to sell them right away, they just collect dust because other Android users of that device have moved on as well. I'm done with that noise. I'm loving my 6s+ and don't forsee any problems with keeping it for a year. The learning curve hasn't been very frustrating for me at all because I had an iPad air to "practice" on for the past year. My reasons for upgrading to a new device were always the promise of better battery and better camera, and both of those in the 6s+ are SUPERB. Nothing to complain about there.

I'm home :).

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's fun seeing so many people here in the same boat I'm in. For the past 5 years I went through 2-3 Android flagships a year, and a brief stint on a BlackBerry Z10. I have a huge collection of discarded cases. If I drop the ball on trying to sell them right away, they just collect dust because other Android users of that device have moved on as well. I'm done with that noise. I'm loving my 6s+ and don't forsee any problems with keeping it for a year. The learning curve hasn't been very frustrating for me at all because I had an iPad air to "practice" on for the past year. My reasons for upgrading to a new device were always the promise of better battery and better camera, and both of those in the 6s+ are SUPERB. Nothing to complain about there.

I'm home :).

And I've got this huge silly grin on my face.....welcome!!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I've only had it for several hours and right I think it's actually really snappy, feels much better in the hand because of the added weight even though it's not that much heavier still noticeable, and the camera is actually pretty cool! I actually like the live shots to be honest. The Vibration is so much more precise and feels better, if there's actually a vibration that feels better than another.

That do you like or dislike about the 6S?

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
So far it seems like a significant improvement from the 6 Plus. As you said the vibration is incredibly precise. It is the best vibration of any device to date, including all of the top of the line Android devices and latest BlackBerry phones. The extra memory makes a huge difference, as does the new chip. The UI is smoother, actions are snappier. App carousel is working substantially better than before. The only thing that I do not like is the force-touch gesture that pulls up the carousel. It is too far to the left and it cannot be configured to both increase the hit area and to swap sides. The biggest problem is how far it is to the left of the device. It also does not react in quick succession so if you want to go real fast between a few apps, the home button is still faster (sadly).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am getting little quirks here and there but even that doesn't make me do a restore as new. I really want to avoid that. It is one huge PITA.

It is. Especially with 30 png icons to replace on the Notification Center for Launcher. And all the log ins for 5 Twitter accounts, 10 email accounts, 4 Facebook accounts, etc. I started about 7:30 pm last night and had most done by 1:00 pm today. But she's runnin' with the bulls now. Battery life has improved greatly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner