How do you like your iPhone 6S Plus

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's much snappier, Touch ID works faster and I really like the added weight, it feels good in the hand.

Edit: Battery life is so nice compared to last year. My max day was maybe 6 hours on a full charge; and today I went 6 hours and the battery was at 57%, same usage. Also enjoying that the 700mhz from T-Mobile is working so flawlessly on this phone. Since it supports the bandwidth now, I'm getting a great signal finally and LTE hasn't dropped once.

Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am super impressed with the 6s Plus .. This thing is so snappy, I can't believe how fast it runs. Not a single stutter, so freaking awesome. This is the phone that the original 6 plus should have been all along. Wow!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am super impressed with the 6s Plus .. This thing is so snappy, I can't believe how fast it runs. Not a single stutter, so freaking awesome. This is the phone that the original 6 plus should have been all along. Wow!

It's really easy to say that since this is essentially a more polished and developed 6 Plus...technically speaking, we could go back and say that this is the iPhone that EVERY iPhone "should" have been all along.

Reggie T

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
No idea how I feel right now. I'm an android fan using my first iPhone. I have an iPad Air 2 that I like. Hopefully this thing will grow on me over the next two weeks. It's definitely snappy and smooth. It will definitely take some getting used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yep what Sean said! I can't wait when 3DTouch is supported in most apps and the new innovative ways developers will come up with. This is my first white iPhone having all iPhones since the 4 in black. I'm glad of the switch!!!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ugh I'm so jelly reading all these comments!! Hurry up T-Mobile and ship my phone!!

The Lannisters send their regards.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

The joy of the s-cycle. Just like the 5s compared to the 5, the 4S compared to the 4.

I've been buying each new model since the 5. I'm going to try to limit myself to the s-cycle from here. I'll try!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Really dig this phone, and I'm just coming from a 6 Plus. I can only imagine what it's like coming from an older device.

Here are my favorite things about the 6S Plus (so far):

1. 2 GB of RAM is noticeable - ultra fast and lag free throughout the entire device
2. Touch ID is super fast
3. 3D Touch is very, very cool
4. New camera is even better
5. Screen seems "sharper" even thought it's the same resolution (maybe it's just me...)
6. Refined vibration motor is very nice and will no longer wake the dead

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Touch ID is too fast on the lock screen. I don't see it. I missed my alerts this morning. It's so fast it bypasses the lock screen. Need to redo my prints to make it more difficult.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Really dig this phone, and I'm just coming from a 6 Plus. I can only imagine what it's like coming from an older device.

Here are my favorite things about the 6S Plus (so far):

1. 2 GB of RAM is noticeable - ultra fast and lag free throughout the entire device
I'm really glad that's the case. More RAM makes me happy
2. Touch ID is super fast
3. 3D Touch is very, very cool
4. New camera is even better
5. Screen seems "sharper" even thought it's the same resolution (maybe it's just me...)
Is it brighter or is the LCD technology different?
6. Refined vibration motor is very nice and will no longer wake the dead
Thank goodness. Haha!

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Really liking it so far. Coming from the 5s. Holding something this large takes some getting used to. My hand/wrist sometimes hurts from the stretching so I'm still learning how to hold it. I do wish iOS played better with real estate. I feel like it's time to abandon the strict grid or at least let people just place apps at the bottom instead of relying on something like reachability. Maybe the "back button" should be more translucent in the middle of the screen. Things like that.

3D Touch is cool but still kind of pointless in its current state. Take the photo app for example. Why would you use 3D Touch to take a photo. I understand the time saved for selfies but just a regular photo. It just opening the app like you would have to. I hope they expand on the use more otherwise I'll probably sparingly use it except for the trackpad functionality. It would be nice if you could have actual functionality without opening the app. Interesting to see where they will or will not take it.

-Screen is fantastic.
-Speed is insane. Maybe too fast at times if that makes any sense.
-Haven't fooled around with live photo too much.

Still not sure whether or not I will downgrade to a regular 6s for the smaller size. That all depends on if I still feel pain from using the +. I hope not as I really do enjoy the larger screen.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I picked mine up in space gray already and will set it up when I get home later.

I saw the Rose Gold for the first time in person while I waited for them to bring my phone out and it's even more disgusting than I anticipated.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree superjudge... the force touch makes no sense to me. It's quicker to press twitter or camera app as opposed to force touch delay with the menus. I guess I'm curious to see what develops down the road.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Reggie T

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
First full day. I like it. I'm not in love with it. Just finished installing my apps and setting up my home screen and, man I miss android right now. This is taking a bit to get used to. I keep looking for a true back button. I love Touch ID. Love the speed. Not a fan of the multitasking or the notifications. The battery is amazing. Pulled it off the charger around 8am. I'm currently at 47%. I'm giving it a solid week to decide if I'll stick with or go back to my Note 4 and upgrade to the Note 5. I have to satisfy my iPhone curiosity.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Like it, except, THE BLUETOOTH DOES NOT WORK!!.
Apple says send it back and order another phone! Huh? They want to refund me and order another 6s Plus! So I wait until they get stock in. Geezer! They had me wipe my phone today, after spending hours setting it up. However, the nice Apple lady felt sorry for me and is sending me a black Apple leather case free! so I bide my time until there's a 64 gb space gray 6s Plus available.