How do you like your iPhone 6S Plus

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've only had it for several hours and right I think it's actually really snappy, feels much better in the hand because of the added weight even though it's not that much heavier still noticeable, and the camera is actually pretty cool! I actually like the live shots to be honest. The Vibration is so much more precise and feels better, if there's actually a vibration that feels better than another.

That do you like or dislike about the 6S?

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving it. I'm coming from the 5 so I'm really impressed with how five this Touch ID is. I've used it on my moms 5s but to have my own is awesome. I have a habit of clicking the home button to check the time or my notifications and each time the phone has opened before I even see the lock screen. I love the rose gold color. I think I've looked at the back more than the front. I love how fast everything is and these vibrations really have my attention. It's nice. I notice the small vibrations when attempting to use 3D Touch. The camera is amazing. Almost creepy to see all of my flaws in selfie mode. I just took a video of a moving flower in the wind outside and it looks amazing!! I felt like I wasn't even looking through a screen. It's super clear. I keep replaying it over and over. And the Live Photos are too cool. So far I'm in love. And having this huge screen is such an upgrade. A+

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Getting used to 3D Touch is a little daunting. Having a hard time with the app switching. I'm just happy to have Siri back. I lost her about 8 mos ago and have missed her so.

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Really enjoying it. I decided to have UPS divert it to a Customer Center. Living in Atlanta with the hub right here I had the phone at 10 AM. Previously I've waited for delivery, I've missed delivery, and I tried going the reservation route. I think this is my method going forward.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Getting used to 3D Touch is a little daunting. Having a hard time with the app switching. I'm just happy to have Siri back. I lost her about 8 mos ago and have missed her so.

I like being able to say Hey Siri and she pops up without having to touch the home button.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm inlove. This phone is just awesome. In case y'all don't know if you hold your finger on your keyboard and deep press, your keep board becomes dark and you can move your cursor around and select text. So awesome.
3D Touch is mind mowing. Wish more apps supported it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm inlove. This phone is just awesome. In case y'all don't know if you hold your finger on your keyboard and deep press, your keep board becomes dark and you can move your cursor around and select text. So awesome.

A cursor pops up and you select keys or is it a swype-like feature?

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I had remembered hearing that that feature was coming, but I didn't think about it when I picked up my new phone. Holy clap. As stupid as it sounds, that could be my FAVorite feature at the moment, lol. I super hate the magnifier cursor thingy and always have. This is MUCH better. Thanks! :D

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
A cursor pops up and you select keys or is it a swype-like feature?

If you are in the middle of typing a message, you can hard press on any key and it will completely grey out the keyboard and you can move the cursor back and front between the text by swiping your finger around. I'm guessing it's a feature to fix typos more smoothly.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the tip! Totally love that.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Love it. Touch ID is noticeably faster. Everything is snappy and the 3D Touch features are great. Only thing I am not sold on yet is the Live Photos

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Love it. Touch ID is noticeably faster. Everything is snappy and the 3D Touch features are great. Only thing I am not sold on yet is the Live Photos

Why is that? HTC tried something like that awhile ago and they didn't implement it too well. I knew Apple would though.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
My local VZW was out of 64gb iPhone 6s+'s after work tonight (no surprise!) so instead of checking back every day...I decided to chill and order instead. It's supposed to deliver on 10/12...and I can wait. I'm really looking forward to "going big" after having my iP6 for a year! :)

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It's stunning.

I went with all dark: space grey, midnight blue case.

Battery life is great.

The regular use "Hey Siri" feature is fun.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So far so good! I have to admit a few things about it...

- The additional weight makes the device feel more substantial and better quality. I don't mind the added bulk at all, and think I actually prefer it honestly.

- The camera, in my opinion, doesn't really feel drastically different...I can tell that the sharpness seems improved, and it seems to focus a lot quicker than the 6 Plus did, but I feel like the 6 Plus handled artificial lighting situations better than this one does, and that indoor photos, while better quality, seem a bit darker than before on the 6 Plus (something that is easily remedied using the native editing tools for lighting). Not sure if anyone else is noticing this too, but I'm getting a lot of lens flare around direct lighting sources where the 6 Plus isn't...

- Phone performs better...no doubt about it. I guess that should be obvious with 2GB of RAM and upgraded internals/processors. Not sure about battery life, but so far, I really like the snappier functionality of this phone. The 6 Plus seems a hair slower across the board...nothing substantial, but definitely noticeable.

- I LOVE the vibration/haptic feedback feel on this phone. One thing I always felt about the 6 Plus was that the vibration being the way it was made the device feel cheap in a way...like poorly constructed. This new functionality feels quite solid...well polished even.

- 3D Touch is very cool. So many different things that it is injected to...and it feels so fluid. I can't wait to see where they go with this feature set...because so far, especially with the sub menus, it just flows like water. It's starting to feel MORE fluid than OS X, and that is a first for me as I've always preferred the computer based OS vs. the mobile one, but now that gap is definitely closing if not equal to me.

- iOS 9 flies on this new device. You can tell this OS was made for the 6S/6S Plus. I can't even imagine using iOS 9 on a device previous to the last generation...comparatively, it'd have to feel like garbage honestly. Sucks for 5/5S owners because that device is still a great smart phone...but I think I'd stick with iOS 8 if I had one.

- Going back to space grey was a great move for me...I realize I truly prefer the black glass vs. white. I don't think I'll ever buy a white iPhone again.