Was on-line by 10 am for my reservation pickup; had my T-Mobile, 128 GB, 6S Plus in my hands by 10:15; took the AT&T sim card out of my old 5S and popped into the 6S Plus; 6S Plus booted up perfectly and immediately connected to AT&T. No muss, no fuss. Just the way it should be.

Meanwhile, outside the mall there was a queue of people without reservations and it didn't look like they were as happy as those of us inside. At least they were being provided with water though.

(Edit: I meant the reservation line at the Apple Store, just to be clear.)
    Last edited by sangs; 09-25-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    09-25-2015 01:35 PM
    Always important to hydrate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sangs likes this.
    09-25-2015 01:43 PM
    Was online by 10 am for my reservation pickup; had my T-Mobile, 128 GB, 6S Plus in my hands by 10:15; took the AT&T sim card out of my old 5S and popped into the 6S Plus; 6S Plus booted up perfectly and immediately connected to AT&T. No muss, no fuss. Just the way it should be.

Meanwhile, outside the mall there was a queue of people without reservations and it didn't look like they were as happy as those of us inside. At least they were being provided with water though.
    When you say "online" do you mean you were in the reservation line? I'm about to head to Apple to get my reserved iPhone. Hope I don't have to wait long.
    sangs likes this.
    09-25-2015 01:56 PM
    When you say "online" do you mean you were in the reservation line? I'm about to head to Apple to get my reserved iPhone. Hope I don't have to wait long.
    Yes, I meant the reservation line. Sorry for the confusion.
    09-25-2015 02:26 PM
    Also, as this was my first time purchasing an iPhone from a company other than my carrier, I was pleased as punch that I could just swap out an AT&T sim card from my 5S and put it into the T-Mobile 6S Plus and have it working perfectly on my AT&T network. From now on, this will be the only way to go for me.
    eyecrispy, geekaren and EmceeGeek like this.
    09-25-2015 02:31 PM
    Also, as this was my first time purchasing an iPhone from a company other than my carrier, I was pleased as punch that I could just swap out an AT&T sim card from my 5S and put it into the T-Mobile 6S Plus and have it working perfectly on my AT&T network. From now on, this will be the only way to go for me.
    Nice. I actually went to the Apple Store over lunch to see if I could check in and get my phone a few hours early. They checked me in, but wouldn't give me the phone. I still have an hour before my scheduled appt.
    09-25-2015 04:17 PM
    I was in line for maybe an 1 1/2hrs, I walked out of AT&T with mine at 8:15am. The best experience I've ever had...

ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-25-2015 06:59 PM
    I went to the bigger of my two local Apple Stores this morning at 8am. Waited in a line for less than 10 minutes as the Apple Store employees came down the line taking our info. They took my info and made an appointment for me at 10am. Came back at 10am, less than 30 minutes later I walked out with my 64GB 6S+. Apple had their stuff together today. Plus I love how they come down the line to get your info and make sure they have what you are waiting for.

09-25-2015 09:05 PM
    Glad everyone is having a smooth experience! I'm hoping Apple made more Plus models this year so when I do get it, it won't take weeks of tracking one down
    charmguru likes this.
    09-25-2015 09:08 PM
    What's the model on the T-mo version? Same as AT&T model or same as Verizon model?
    09-25-2015 10:52 PM
    What's the model on the T-mo version? Same as AT&T model or same as Verizon model?
    Not sure what the others are, but my T-Mo model is MKUX2LL/A.
    09-26-2015 06:38 AM
    T-Mobile, Verizon and sprint all same now. ATT different bc it has an extra band. That said, I am using the "T-Mobile" version on ATT. I don't care about the new band since it's gonna be awhile before its rolled out.
    09-26-2015 07:00 AM
    Ah - I was kinda hoping the T-Mo and AT&T versions were the same... A1633/1634 rather than A1687/1688

09-26-2015 11:29 PM
    It was super easy. I was on vacation when the pre-orders went live and the place I was in didn't have good internet so I really wasn't hopeful for being able to get my order in. anyway about an hour and 45 mins after the pre orders went live I finally had a decent enough connection to reserve a 128GB 6S plus in silver and white with a reservation time of 9.15.

Switch forward to the 25th. I arrived at the store just after 8.30 but I was seen straight away and by 08.40 I was out of the store with my 128GB silver 6S plus. It was very seemless.
    09-27-2015 05:41 AM
    I had a 430 reservation time. Showed up over lunch bc i had time. They said best to come back later bc the line was so long. Went back to work and showed up right at 430, waited 10 min and was brought into the store. Pretty painless. I wouldn't hesitate to use reservations again.

09-27-2015 07:49 AM
    There's literally a one-band difference. What does anybody know about that band?
    09-27-2015 09:48 AM
    There's literally a one-band difference. What does anybody know about that band?
    Updated: AT&T Has a Special iPhone 6s | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    sangs likes this.
    09-27-2015 10:23 AM
    OK, so certainly doesn't sound like anything I need to be concerned about using a T-Mo phone with AT&T. Thanks for the link man.
    09-27-2015 01:13 PM
    OK, so certainly doesn't sound like anything I need to be concerned about using a T-Mo phone with AT&T. Thanks for the link man.
    Yeah, it may turn out to be a big deal in the future, based on what they are projecting... but since they're still working on rolling it out, it will probably be a non-issue for the next year or so.
    09-27-2015 01:19 PM
    In something a tad bit related, lots of T-Mobile users are reporting better LTE on the 6S/6S Plus.
    09-27-2015 03:49 PM
    I won't be preordering anymore. I did that last year and I didn't get my phone until a whole month later. This year, I wasn't planning to upgrade, but went into the T-Mobile store the next morning and there was no line, no waiting, I was in and out with a new iPhone 6S, 64GB in silver just like I wanted. I wasn't even there when the store first opened. Amazing experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-28-2015 06:59 AM
    The new iPhone 6S Plus on T-Mobile has a new band. Band 12. This will improve a lot of people's LTE usage.
    09-28-2015 10:10 AM
    I was on the fence about purchasing the new iPhone this year but I decided to go to my local Walmart on my lunch break and they had a cabinet full of iPhones. So I decided that I should go ahead and get me a new 6s+. The lady said that I was the first customer and this was at noon
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-28-2015 09:17 PM
    I was on the fence about purchasing the new iPhone this year but I decided to go to my local Walmart on my lunch break and they had a cabinet full of iPhones. So I decided that I should go ahead and get me a new 6s+. The lady said that I was the first customer and this was at noon
    I remember when the PlayStation 2 came out when I was in high school. It was hard to find. Then I walked into my local Kmart and there they were, full of units.

People just associate places like that as being "cheap" and sometimes don't bother looking.
    Lyall Demorrow likes this.
    09-28-2015 09:22 PM