9de0c45c987c71ac363bd92a7d59de3c.jpg

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi, just curious as to how you managed to set this as background with iOS making the white look grey?! Your white apps at the top blend into the background.

If you'd like to share this background I can see what happens when I set it as background, in the past I just get a horrible grey ish cast where White should be.

Here you go..

08f2b98ac069d51281dd3cc8caa7376c.jpg

All I did was set it as the wallpaper. I did nothing else extra.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just curious as to how you managed to set this as background with iOS making the white look grey?! Your white apps at the top blend into the background.

If you'd like to share this background I can see what happens when I set it as background, in the past I just get a horrible grey ish cast where White should be.

The text on this is black. So it will not darken the screen. Had the text been white, then it would darken to see the white text better.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
The text on this is black. So it will not darken the screen. Had the text been white, then it would darken to see the white text better.

Well then Apples way of determining what gets dimmed is ridiculous and broken. You can Apply that background and have certain apps disappear into the background just because the text changes to black yet you cant apply a vivid colourful background that would look fine with black text or in some cases white, without the OS believing it would be better if it put a dark filter over the image! Bonkers, should be optional not down to Apple to decide what image will or won't look good as a background.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well then Apples way of determining what gets dimmed is ridiculous and broken. You can Apply that background and have certain apps disappear into the background just because the text changes to black yet you cant apply a vivid colourful background that would look fine with black text or in some cases white, without the OS believing it would be better if it put a dark filter over the image! Bonkers, should be optional not down to Apple to decide what image will or won't look good as a background.

Apple can do it any way they want! It's theirs! I have no idea what determines white or black text. It's not always cut and dried. In any event, I always use dark wallpapers on my homescreen. I can't stand light colored ones. But anything goes on my lockscreen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods