Battery Life - will the 6S Plus Get Through a Work Day?

Peter Rokkos

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Switched over to Android a few years ago for larger screens when I found the 5 to be disappointing. - particularly with respect to battery life - and now tempted to come back to iPhone.

Based simply on battery life as the primary criteria, can I get some feedback on whether the 6s Plus can get through a normal day of usage. I'm assuming moderate to heavy usage, cell coverage that is good at times and probably bad at times, wifi and bluetooth on, some video and gaming, emails and browsing. I'd keep screen at 50-70% or so with auto brightness off.

For 6 Plus owners, would you get through a 7 am to 11pm day without worrying that you will die out?

For 6S Plus owners, from what you have seen so far, can you make it based on experience so far?

Thanks in advance.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't have any problem getting through a day with the 6s Plus. The Plus is known for having great battery life.

I've had the 6+ for a year now, and always get through a day no problem. I take it off the charger at 6am, don't usually plug it back in until midnight.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
By the end of the day, with moderate usage, I am down to a little less than half when I put it on the charger. I take mine off the charger at 7am and put it back on after midnight usually. You have very little to worry about with the Plus I think. Even with gaming and video watching, I cannot see how one could drain the thing in a single day.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
For 6 Plus owners, would you get through a 7 am to 11pm day without worrying that you will die out?

IMO not a chance unless you do minimal or nothing on your iPhone! You state "moderate to heavy usage" so I would have a charger nearby at work and/or in the car. I throw my 6+ on during lunch and while driving and I get through a day fine, but if I am going to be using my 6+ a bunch in the evening/at night I make sure to top the battery off prior. FYI I am a HEAVY user... on my 6+ all day...

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a slight decline in battery life with the 6S plus. I maybe need to calibrate the battery to get a better result. But nothing to crazy. I'm getting roughly 7.5 hour usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed a slight decline in battery life with the 6S plus. I maybe need to calibrate the battery to get a better result. But nothing to crazy. I'm getting roughly 7.5 hour usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any advice would be great but mine is running down really quick. I used my 5s backup too. Thanks

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I would say that if your phone is experiencing more idle drain, it's an app. However if it is draining quicker when the screen is on then it's most likely the force touch causing more drain. Hopefully people can characterize how much more drain is normal when the screen is on.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Battery life seems almost identical to my 6 Plus in my experience thus far. Charging it overnight last night gave it it's full official 100% starting point, so we'll see what kind of results we have tomorrow. Honestly though, as is with any new device, playing with it more and setting up different things will definitely have a dramatic effect on battery life. I always feel that letting the device settle into your life for a week or so is more beneficial to checking actual battery life than doing it right after release.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I get phenomenal battery life on I'm 6s Plus. My phone has been off of the charger since 4am, it is now 4pm and I am at 68% with moderate usage. With heavy usage I am normally around 50% right now at the lowest.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Better than my 6, and my 6 had no trouble lasting a full day.

Recognize it varies based on coverage, and I also have wifi at work.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I was never able to kill my 6 Plus in just one day in the 5 months I owned it and I can use it pretty heavily at times. To me, battery life on the 6S+ seems pretty much identical so the same will be applied to this phone. I've even used it for 10 hours as GPS in a long car ride and other usage besides that in a single day and even then I didn't kill it that day, although it was pretty close.

anon(4701158)

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
i just got the 6s+ over the weekend coming from Galaxy S5.

I forgot my charger at home and was dreading how the day was going to go. I used it as I normally would including at the grocery store, etc. By the time I put it on the charger before bed i was at 32%. I also use the phone to listen to music during my commutes.

My Galaxy would have been dead before I even left work.

Needless to say I'm thrilled with the battery life.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Sold my 6+ and ordered the 6S+! My Amex was charged last night so hopefully soon! My battery life has been iffy on my galaxy S6 since the 5.1.1 update. Tired of trying get to adjust the GPS settings to save battery life.

Posted via my S6 with Samsung Pay!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I get phenomenal battery life on I'm 6s Plus. My phone has been off of the charger since 4am, it is now 4pm and I am at 68% with moderate usage. With heavy usage I am normally around 50% right now at the lowest.

I guess maybe I'll stop complaining about the battery life on my new 6s+. I unplugged mine at 7:00am yesterday morning, and at 7:30pm it was at 55%. I guess that's not too bad, but my 6 did almost as well. Oh well...I charge my phone every night overnight anyway...

jjaar

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Maybe someone of you can help me.
I got my 6s plus yesterday and noticed that the battery drains aprox. 10% per hour and that the back gets warm even in standby.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe someone of you can help me.
I got my 6s plus yesterday and noticed that the battery drains aprox. 10% per hour and that the back gets warm even in standby.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

You may have a rogue app causing this. What shows as using battery in Settings? I suspect maybe Facebook. If you use Facebook, toggle it off for location services and background app refresh. Toggle all apps off for background app refresh except maybe your main weather app. Toggle everything off in system services except Find My iPhone. Make sure your wifi/cellular signals are good. If the issue persists, you may need to restore your phone as new.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2