How will you be setting up your new 6S Plus? iCloud Restore, iTunes Restore, New?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to encrypt my backup as well as the wifey's thru iTunes so there is no need to reenter passwords, just have to add apple pay on both devices and keep on rolling lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I were getting the new iPhone, I would set it up as new. All of my important data is set up to sync to my device via various services like iCloud, Evernote, Dropbox, etcetera, and therefore, I'm not worried about losing anything important.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Probably a backup but once I get it I may change my mind. This is my first go 'round with the plus, so I'm excited about the bigger phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Set it up as new. I like it nice and fresh. Gives me a chance to ask myself if I really need such and such app installed.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Set it up as new. I like it nice and fresh. Gives me a chance to ask myself if I really need such and such app installed.

I am leaning that way myself. I have setup all my phones starting with the 5S from a previous iTunes backup. 5S>6Plus>5S (used after I sold the 6Plus) ... think I am going to start fresh. As Just'D states... all my data should restore from cloud services.

Question: will logging into iCloud on the new phone restore Blue and Green people in Messages? or just Blue?

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to restore only you iMessage history? I would like to give setting up as new a try but I don't want to lose my iMessage history. I guess I'll create a full backup tomorrow and restore it on the new 6s Plus.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iCloud, but only because I'm going to work directly from the Apple Store and won't have access to iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh