iPhone 6S/6S Plus Full Retail Price Buyers

TiffyBeBadd

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey iMore Community. Anyone plan on (or see sense in) ordering the iPhone 6S Plus at full retail?

$749
$849
$949

I currently have a 64G 6 Plus & I want a Rose Gold 64G 6S Plus.... I plan to sell my current phone to help with the cost.

The new features (specifically cameras and color) have sold me.

Opinions please!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey iMore Community. Anyone plan on (or see sense in) ordering the iPhone 6S Plus at full retail?

$749
$849
$949

I currently have a 64G 6 Plus & I want a Rose Gold 64G 6S Plus.... I plan to sell my current phone to help with the cost.

Opinions please!

What do you think that you are actually paying for that shiny new iPhone? It's not a trick question... the answers are $649, $749, $849 and $849, depending on which model and what storage capacity you select.

If you buy it outright, you pay the full cost, plus tax at the time of the purchase.

If you buy it on Next, Jump or the equivalent, you pay the full cost, plus tax over the duration of your contract. (Next charges full tax at the time of purchase, not sure how the others collect tax.)

If you buy it via a 2-year contract, you pay $199, $299, $399 or $499 up front (most likely, tax, too), and then make up the remaining $450 over the course of your 2 year contract, via the built in subsidy recovery charges as a part of your monthly phone service.

There ain't no free lunch, Tiffy. And Santa Claus has left the building.

Now, to directly answer your question, I ordered a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus from Apple. I paid $917.71. I have no problem with that, because (1) I can afford it, and (2) I'm going to have to pay it eventually, so why not just get it done?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess my first question is, specifically what options are you inquiring about? You seem to have everything pretty well laid out.

Edit: simultaneous post with Hank's and Hank handled it lol

rav813

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd lease it (Apple Upgrade Program) instead of buying outright. That way you can get the 7 which will have cooler features since it's a model change and not an S variation.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd lease it (Apple Upgrade Program) instead of buying outright. That way you can get the 7 which will have cooler features since it's a model change and not an S variation.

That works for some people... but you will never own anything... and for about the same cost as the never-ending lease, you can always have the newest device. I'm not convinced that it's the best offer out there, but it's a viable option for some, I suppose.

TiffyBeBadd

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I had to skip the person above because they are trying to be vindictive.

But my questions is a matter of opinions. Would you go from a 6 Plus to a 6S Plus for full retail. My reasons are the cameras and color. Just wanted to see what other people are thinking.

Thanks for the reply! Let me know your thoughts.

rav813

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That works for some people... but you will never own anything... and for about the same cost as the never-ending lease, you can always have the newest device. I'm not convinced that it's the best offer out there, but it's a viable option for some, I suppose.

There's still some details that I need to find out, like what happens when you upgrade in 12 months. If they take the phone back and abolish the balance of the loan, then you're always paying 50% of full retail + Apple Care, which works out. If they add the balance to the new loan, then it's a sham.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

$749
$849
$949

Opinions please!

If you want it, buy it, and if you plan on selling your current device to help pay for the new one then go for it. A lot of people are upgrading to the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. Buying it outright or via a subsidy can make sense, depending on your situation. It varies from person to person.

TiffyBeBadd

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If you want it, buy it, and if you plan on selling your current device to help pay for the new one then go for it. A lot of people are upgrading to the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. Buying it outright or via a subsidy can make sense, depending on your situation. It varies from person to person.

I can buy/afford it outright but then I'd have two iPhones. I was just wondering if a lot of people planned to buy it. I took a contract last year so I'm not upgrade eligible yet. So far seems ppl are going for it. Just wanted to know if I was bugging. Lol. Guess I'm not because I'm not alone paying $900 for a phone.

TiffyBeBadd

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hank gave you valid info... you're free to ignore it but you don't have to be crass about it... you're making quite a first impression here calling other people stupid... Yes, that's a hint...

Again! It was matter of opinion. I asked a question not for an essay. I'm not new here at all. Since iPhone 3GS I've been here. Different account. I've yet to pay full for a phone. You people just want to say something. Be positive if scroll on. His or her whole msg was pointless. Thanks though :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There's still some details that I need to find out, like what happens when you upgrade in 12 months. If they take the phone back and abolish the balance of the loan, then you're always paying 50% of full retail + Apple Care, which works out. If they add the balance to the new loan, then it's a sham.

As I understand it (and I have not done the research because I don't see the plan as something that would benefit me), you just keep paying whatever the going rate is for the device you select. When the new device comes out, you do whatever you do to get the new on (order, pre-order, queue up, etc), and turn in the device you have and your current payment goes away.

Again, that's just my guess based on what I understood Tim Cook to say in the keynote. And to be fair, he gave it 1 or 2 minutes on stage, and the "fine print" will reveal the gory details. :D

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Again! It was matter of opinion. I asked a question not for an essay. I'm not new here at all. Since iPhone 3GS I've been here. Different account. I've yet to pay full for a phone. You people just want to say something. Be positive if scroll on. His or her whole msg was pointless. Thanks though :)

Can you clarify what you wanted when you said "Opinions please!"? You specifically addressed to "full retail price buyers". My point was simply that WE ALL are "full retail price buyers"... we may not all pay up front, but we are all paying full price for the phone.

If you wanted only opinions that align with yours, you should have (1) posted your opinion and (2) stated that you only wanted agreeing opinions.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I plan on doing the lease with T-Mobile for the 6S+ but I plan on paying it off and own for when the 7S comes out that way I can save and own don't like this leasing crap which everything is going to now it sucks but that's the way it is.

The Lannisters send their regards.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I can buy/afford it outright but then I'd have two iPhones. I was just wondering if a lot of people planned to buy it. I took a contract last year so I'm not upgrade eligible yet. So far seems ppl are going for it. Just wanted to know if I was bugging. Lol. Guess I'm not because I'm not alone paying $900 for a phone.

You can sell your current phone for a very good cost that will help offset the cost of the new phone. But apparently I've offend you, so color me "moving on".

Wow. That's 47 seconds of my life that's gone forever...

crackercraig

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If I had a 6 plus I would definitely not pay full retail for a 6s plus. The camera upgrade is a big one but to be honest as good as the camera is on the 6 plus, how much better could it really be on the s plus. The level of quality on the iPhone cameras has been tremendous for a few releases. I don't think the small incremental improvements warrant spending that kind of money. As for the color, well that's something different and very subjective. As much as I would want to change the color of my phone, I wouldn't lay out that kind of money to do it.
All that being said, if u can sell ur 6plus and offset the price enough so u only have to lay out say $200. Than I say do it. It that's what makes u happy.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have paid retail in the past but honestly the AT&T Next plan works best for me, since I do the Next 12 I can trade in without issue or concern and I get $25 off my $40 smart device fee so that alone makes it cheaper than Apples offering which is a nice option.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
What do you think that you are actually paying for that shiny new iPhone? It's not a trick question... the answers are $649, $749, $849 and $849, depending on which model and what storage capacity you select.

If you buy it outright, you pay the full cost, plus tax at the time of the purchase.

If you buy it on Next, Jump or the equivalent, you pay the full cost, plus tax over the duration of your contract. (Next charges full tax at the time of purchase, not sure how the others collect tax.)

If you buy it via a 2-year contract, you pay $199, $299, $399 or $499 up front (most likely, tax, too), and then make up the remaining $450 over the course of your 2 year contract, via the built in subsidy recovery charges as a part of your monthly phone service.

There ain't no free lunch, Tiffy. And Santa Claus has left the building.

Now, to directly answer your question, I ordered a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus from Apple. I paid $917.71. I have no problem with that, because (1) I can afford it, and (2) I'm going to have to pay it eventually, so why not just get it done?

+1

Did the same here. I upgrade yearly and always sell the old to make up a decent portion of the cost, then also get a partial refun on my AppleCare + to fund the purchase price of the new plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods