How long is the 6s Plus battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iMore Question

How long is the 6s Plus battery life

Was there any mention as to how long the battery will last?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: How long is the 6s Plus battery life

Apple stated at their conference the details and they're written on their website. How would it be a guess?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Apple stated at their conference the details and they're written on their website. How would it be a guess?

Apple didn't give any "details" about battery life during the conference...and the specs on the tech sheet were carried over from the previous model. It's a guess because nobody has any real world numbers to give on the new devices, which received a new battery with different specs from the 6/6 Plus...that's how.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Apple didn't give any "details" about battery life during the conference...and the specs on the tech sheet were carried over from the previous model. It's a guess because nobody has any real world numbers to give on the new devices, which received a new battery with different specs from the 6/6 Plus...that's how.

Carried over from the previous model? It's listed under the 6S and 6S Plus specifications on their own site. What is a "guess" is person to person usage, yes. If that is what you all are referring to, then that can never be answered. What the man asked for was close to specifications, which are clearly stated on Apple's website, put up by Apple, the company that makes the device in question.

I have to wonder, did anyone read what the OP originally asked? He asked if there was any "mention". There has been clear "mention" since the event. Why is there so much nitpicking going on?

Last edited:

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

OP, it is unclear what metric Apple uses to measure battery life. As you know, these devices are not perfectly identical physically so each has their own "battery life." Apple could be using the average of a sample of iphones pulled right off the assembly line and loaded with whatever software Apple uses to measure it. We honestly don't know. We do know that they have slightly smaller batteries but they could have increased the OS efficiency. What we do know is that this smaller battery has to do a whole lot more with the inclusion of force touch. Did Apple pull off some magic and made the OS even more efficient to offset the force touch, extra gig of ram and the decreased battery capacity? I hope so. To get a very rough idea, go watch the review videos that we have now but keep in mind those battery life tests are not controlled

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

The issue with quoted battery life is no one can offer you an exact number on how your phones battery will work or last. Cell signal, what apps are running, are you playing games etc. Far too many variables to calculate. The one thing to keep in mind is you can more rapidly charge your iPhone by using the iPad charging cube or get a battery case.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Carried over from the previous model? It's listed under the 6S and 6S Plus specifications on their own site. What is a "guess" is person to person usage, yes. If that is what you all are referring to, then that can never be answered. What the man asked for was close to specifications, which are clearly stated on Apple's website, put up by Apple, the company that makes the device in question.

I have to wonder, did anyone read what the OP originally asked? He asked if there was any "mention". There has been clear "mention" since the event. Why is there so much nitpicking going on?

There is so much "nitpicking" going on cause around this time of year it never fails that so many pointless threads get created without any type of research or things like this where battery life is what Apple markets and there's no clear cut way to answer the OPs question.

Now I'm just waiting for the flood of threads to come in on Friday.

'Regret 6S purchase'
'3D touch is super lame'
'Going back to Android'

Blah blah. So sorry for 'nitpicking'.

The Lannisters send their regards.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

You and others overreacting to one individual asking whether or not information was released by the maker of the iPhone regarding it's specifications is YOUR problem, not his or anyone else's.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

No one has that phone yet, so any information would be a guess.

No real world experience yet. It's all speculation until we see it in action.

The issue with quoted battery life is no one can offer you an exact number on how your phones battery will work or last. Cell signal, what apps are running, are you playing games etc. Far too many variables to calculate. The one thing to keep in mind is you can more rapidly charge your iPhone by using the iPad charging cube or get a battery case.

Yeah I don't see how any of these post are nitpicking I think you are overreacting to those of us that are answering the OPs question the only way we can right now.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

A simple referral to the specs that Apple posted on their website would have sufficed. Comments like the above only deter from people asking questions on here looking for help. It draws them away from the purpose of this forum. I started here because there are many on here that offer help and guidance. Had I been answered in the manner above instead of what should have been said, I'm not sure I would have continued coming here. There seem to be quite a few replies where the elites here would rather people only ask the right questions. That's all I'm saying.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

A simple referral to the specs that Apple posted on their website would have sufficed. Comments like the above only deter from people asking questions on here looking for help. It draws them away from the purpose of this forum. I started here because there are many on here that offer help and guidance. Had I been answered in the manner above instead of what should have been said, I'm not sure I would have continued coming here. There seem to be quite a few replies where the elites here would rather people only ask the right questions. That's all I'm saying.

Um what is the post that jdhooghe did then?! By your logic also the OP should have just gone to the Apple website to begin with instead of starting this thread. Man now I know how Sean feels LOL. I'm doing your job right now btw

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Not a problem. Next time you or your buddy Sean start a thread asking a question that can be answered with a simple search, I'll make sure to point it out so you guys can understand. I'll also make sure to let every other poster on this forum know how to ask the "right" questions as to not waste people's time. That'll be right in line with how things are done around here. Thanks for the lesson professor.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Not a problem. Next time you or your buddy Sean start a thread asking a question that can be answered with a simple search, I'll make sure to point it out so you guys can understand. I'll also make sure to let every other poster on this forum know how to ask the "right" questions as to not waste people's time. That'll be right in line with how things are done around here. Thanks for the lesson professor.

Oh you're welcome but Sean and I have been a here a long time and I'd like to see the day when Sean or I do so. Class dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner