Would ANYONE else like to see a BLACK FACE PLATE on the different iPhone 6s+?

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
For me SG is the only option because the lighter colored bezel causes eye strain.
An all black device would be nice but I keep it in a case so no matter there. Additionally the black anodized aluminum back and edge especially would be prone to revealing surface pitting and scratches much more for those that prefer to run naked. If type III anodizing was used this would not be as much of a problem.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Black front, gold back or rose gold back would be pretty slick. I wish Apple would offer more than 1 black front phone and mix it up, perhaps offer only Gold version with the white front and make grey/silver with the black fronts.

Colorware had that Black Widow version that was crazy pricey, nice work but no way. I had them do a BlackBerry 8820 years ago, Black Metalic and Green Metalic colors it was cool but no one else could figure out why I would pay to have a phone painted. For me it was having something no one else did.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Maybe one of the glass screen protector vendors could produce a blacked-out display cover glass that would 'hide' the white portion of the screen. Then for very little money you could change the look of your device. Heck, why stop at just BLACK? They could offer a range of colors.

I don't see Apple offering more combinations. They probably want to keep the SKU count low to protect the profit margin.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe one of the glass screen protector vendors could produce a blacked-out display cover glass that would 'hide' the white portion of the screen. Then for very little money you could change the look of your device. Heck, why stop at just BLACK? They could offer a range of colors.

I don't see Apple offering more combinations. They probably want to keep the SKU count low to protect the profit margin.

True!

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Silver/Black is exactly the combo I want! I love how the silver is simple and not coloured in anyway! Less prone to scratching and just looks so original...the dark grey is nice on the Space Grey now, but an option to have silver instead would be amazing!!

Apple doesn't really have any limitations preventing them from doing this. They make the back plates and front plates...they could easily just mix and match the black fronts and back plates...they don't even need to change anything about their building process.

JLea14

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I would LOVE to see rose gold with the black face. I only like the black, so I'm always stuck with just silver back.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Black/Gold would be tight. The closest thing you can get is to add a tempered glass screen protector (good idea anyway). But yeah from the factory, I'd like that.

I'd rather they make something like Moto Mak-

Sorry Customization and Apple don't work well together, I misspoke.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73