iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone 6 plus

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Depends on how much you use the camera feature. There are other improvements like Live Photos and Force touch as well. Also how long are you planning on keeping the phone? The new s has a faster processor which might be better if you keep your phone for awhile.

Also, the iPhone 6 plus takes great pics.Not sure you would notice much of a difference between the 6 plus and the 6 s plus.

I have a 6 plus and I am on the fence about upgrading. Was speaking with Verizon yesterday and they told me that they were expecting a big rush of phone orders only to find that it really has not taken off as much as they thought.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I suggest getting the latest, greatest iPhone and go with the 6s Plus. It's only a couple weeks away from store release.

radeon962

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Love the 12 month cycle. Just picked up a 64gb 6 Plus with AppleCare until September 18, 2016 for $510 to replace the wife's 16gb 6 Plus.

I'll sell her 16gb with a couple of extra cases and should only be out less than $50.

Can't justify $849 for the 64gb 6s Plus + $129.99 for AC + tax = $1037.

I'll stay a year behind with full coverage for half the price and wait for the 7 and the inevitable physical changes rather than than the tweaks of the S release.

I buy my devices outright so staying a year behind makes a lot of sense.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
6S Plus - the RAM upgrade and 3D Touch alone would be reason enough but with the addition of 12MP camera 5MP front facing with flash ... seems like a no brainer to me :cool:

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Love the 12 month cycle. Just picked up a 64gb 6 Plus with AppleCare until September 18, 2016 for $510 to replace the wife's 16gb 6 Plus.

I'll sell her 16gb with a couple of extra cases and should only be out less than $50.

Can't justify $849 for the 64gb 6s Plus + $129.99 for AC + tax = $1037.

I'll stay a year behind with full coverage for half the price and wait for the 7 and the inevitable physical changes rather than than the tweaks of the S release.

I buy my devices outright so staying a year behind makes a lot of sense.

I live in Australia we don't get the apple care. Thanks for comments though makes sense.

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your advice. Am waiting till Friday but just wondering about iPhone 6s. I have noticed that everyone is jumping on the 6s plus and would love to know why everyone is getting one over the smaller 6s. I think I am still undercided. Wish I could just make a decision grr. Thought I did now doubting it. 😉

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Lots of people got the 6Plus last year and couldn't imagine going down in size. Other people had the 6 last year and know they want the larger size this time. People who are migrating from Android or Windows Phone have probably already handled larger devices and know what they like or don't like. It's only people upgrading from a 5S size phone that really have a decision to make.
You can always cut out a foam board phone in each size and carry them around. It won't help with he weight difference between the two sizes, but it will give you a better idea as to which size you prefer.

Thanks that is definitely me. 5s user right here. 😉

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks that is definitely me. 5s user right here. ��

I was also a 5s user before I purchased the 6 Plus and was totally undecided between the two. I didn't actually make up my mind until the day before I purchased the 6 Plus instead of the 6. I'm glad I went with the larger screen size and can't imagine going back to a smaller size. I got use to the size of the 6 Plus in approx 3 days and haven't looked back. My eyes are extremly grateful that Apple decided to make a large screen device....SMILE

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your advice. Am waiting till Friday but just wondering about iPhone 6s. I have noticed that everyone is jumping on the 6s plus and would love to know why everyone is getting one over the smaller 6s. I think I am still undercided. Wish I could just make a decision grr. Thought I did now doubting it. ��

I'm coming from Android, and this will be my first iPhone. For the past 2 years I've used devices with 5in+ screens. Last year in Oct I got a Note 4 with a 5.7in screen, and a few months ago I got an LG G4 with a 5.5in screen. I can't imagine getting a device with anything less than a 5.5in screen now!

To answer your initial question, I'd definitely go with the 6s Plus. Last year I got an iPad Air after the Air 2 came out because the price had dropped and I didn't feel I needed the latest and greatest iPad. Well, now the Air feels a bit dated and I wish I had the extra features of the Air 2. I won't make that mistake again, I'll always get the latest so it's more futureproof.

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My advice is to go for it unless you got a 6+. I can't imagine having anything else as a phone. Since I'm more than happy with the 6+ I'll pass on the 6s+ and wait for the 7 goodness.