Upgrade program

pat74

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little confused about this apple upgrade program. I'm with T-Mobile currently on the lease program. Does T-Mobile allow you to go to the apple upgrade program while already under an option with them?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
They have nothing to do with one another...once your obligation to TMobile is over, you can go to the Apple Program or re-up with TMobile.. Or just go to Apple and get a new device right away...but you'd still have to finish your obligations toTMobile...

pat74

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
They have nothing to do with one another...once your obligation to TMobile is over, you can go to the Apple Program or re-up with TMobile.. Or just go to Apple and get a new device right away...but you'd still have to finish your obligations toTMobile...

That makes sense, thank you!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My question is can you use the Apple Upgrade Program if you add a new line of service or will they even do that in the Apple store?

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Good question. They might be able to help you with that. That's why they ask for you to bring your current info and phone.
I don't want any cel provider added. Can I do that? Just gimmes the phone (unlocked!) and off I go with monthly payments.
I read somewhere that they will not force you to sign any with any provider.
Hope it's true, cause it will be a long day waiting in line, I think.

My question is can you use the Apple Upgrade Program if you add a new line of service or will they even do that in the Apple store?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Good question. They might be able to help you with that. That's why they ask for you to bring your current info and phone.
I don't want any cel provider added. Can I do that? Just gimmes the phone (unlocked!) and off I go with monthly payments.
I read somewhere that they will not force you to sign any with any provider.
Hope it's true, cause it will be a long day waiting in line, I think.

No. You must activate with AT&T, TMobile, Sprint or Verizon in order to use Apple's Payment Plan.

iPhone Upgrade Program - Apple.
"The iPhone Upgrade Program is available to qualified customers only with a valid U.S. personal credit card. Requires a 24-month installment loan with a 0% Annual Percentage Rate from Citizens Bank, N.A. (subject to any interest, fees, or other costs payable to the issuer of the credit card), purchase of AppleCare+, and iPhone activation with a national carrier ? AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon. Full terms apply. "

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Say it ain't so Switch?

No. You must activate with AT&T, TMobile, Sprint or Verizon in order to use Apple's Payment Plan.

iPhone Upgrade Program - Apple.
"The iPhone Upgrade Program is available to qualified customers only with a valid U.S. personal credit card. Requires a 24-month installment loan with a 0% Annual Percentage Rate from Citizens Bank, N.A. (subject to any interest, fees, or other costs payable to the issuer of the credit card), purchase of AppleCare+, and iPhone activation with a national carrier — AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon. Full terms apply. "

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site
You're so right!
Just chatted with an Apple Rep. Either upgrade or new account. But it is linked to a carrier. Phone is unlocked. But initial carrier needs to be kept.
But there are no longer any promises to stay two years on a plan. You can cancel at any time, right??

Apple says it is so ....

You will need to purchase it at full retail price if you don't want a "cell provider".

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You're so right!
Just chatted with an Apple Rep. Either upgrade or new account. But it is linked to a carrier. Phone is unlocked. But initial carrier needs to be kept.
But there are no longer any promises to stay two years on a plan. You can cancel at any time, right??

Well it seems that would confirm that you can add a new line and do the Apple Upgrade Program.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2