Does reserving the iPhone 6s Plus guarantee me the device on launch day?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 6s Plus in store reservations

I reserved my iPhone 6s Plus for pick up on launch day at 2:30PM EST does this guarantee me the device on launch day?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6s Plus in store reservations

I reserved my iPhone 6s Plus for pick up on launch day at 2:30PM EST does this guarantee me the device on launch day?
That is why you have the Pre-Order and reserved to pickup at store if you wish at a particular time. They pull all phones for that day and time with your name on it.

steve31

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

Did it last year. Worked out perfectly. I ordered a 6s plus for pickup on launch day at 600pm.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Did you have to wait long?

This is the first time I've done it that way, so I can't answer how long. However, I've read several people say just be a bit early, they will call you on your appointment time and it generally takes about 30 minutes. The reservation email they send you basically says the same thing.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

I think Apple is pretty good at what they do, don't think anyone who reserved their phone will have a problem.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Yes it does.
Basically the way the system works is all Apple retail stores have a limited number of devices, all colors, all storage and, (if applicable) carriers.
They are guaranteed to have them on premises by the opening for business on launch day.

When you sign in with your Apple ID to make a reservation, you hold one of these "slots".
This is why if you try to reserve now most if not all of the stores have no slots for the 6S Plus. (greyed out)
If you were lucky enough to have snagged one, you are good to go.
Just arrive on time because if you're very late or a no show, you'll forfeit your reservation.
And there will be someone else glad you did for sure!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods