Bend gate test for 6s Plus

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I stopped wearing super tight jeans when I grew up.
It's not an issue for me.
As an interesting side note, I did read that tight jeans contributes to male infertility.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

Hi was just wondering why you have decided to go the 6s plus and not the 6. Trying to make a decision about this myself as I am still on a 5s. Thanks ��

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi was just wondering why you have decided to go the 6s plus and not the 6. Trying to make a decision about this myself as I am still on a 5s. Thanks ��

I've got the 6 now and I really would like the real estate of the Plus. Plus OIS, which is something I could make use of since I take tons of pics. Lastly, although my 6 gets me through a whole day, the Plus has a slightly longer battery life.

I thought the Plus would be too big for me. But after using my Note 4 and my Lumia 1520, I've gotten used to ginormous devices.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If it's not bendgate this year it'll be some other "gate" fiasco that pops up and will get massive media attention compared to the complete flop that was the S-pen of the note 5.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If it's not bendgate this year it'll be some other "gate" fiasco that pops up and will get massive media attention compared to the complete flop that was the S-pen of the note 5.

Is that the S Pen being put in backwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I didn't read much on it. Was it getting stuck? Did users have to return it to get it out?

Yeah it would slide in without any resistance but when trying to remove it there's a mechanism inside that apparently grabs it when pushed in so far so some people reported that they would have to yank really hard to remove it but the problem there would be the sensor that recognizes when the pen is ejected would get broken.

The Lannisters send their regards.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it would slide in without any resistance but when trying to remove it there's a mechanism inside that apparently grabs it when pushed in so far so some people reported that they would have to yank really hard to remove it but the problem there would be the sensor that recognizes when the pen is ejected would get broken.

Now if it were a iPhone there would be memes about it, Late Night Show Monologues, It would be on CNN, Sports Center. All over the place.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Now if it were a iPhone there would be memes about it, Late Night Show Monologues, It would be on CNN, Sports Center. All over the place.

Exactly that's what I commented on when they did a blog post of it on Android Central. There's such a double standard.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Was pretty sure the 6s Plus would be stronger. Otherwise I might have gone to a 6 Plus (decided I wanted/needed the size upgrade).

Great to see the bend issue has been taken care of.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Exactly that's what I commented on when they did a blog post of it on Android Central. There's such a double standard.

I disagree. I think it's not a device even closely popular to the iPhone. That's pretty much why.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. I think it's not a device even closely popular to the iPhone. That's pretty much why.

True but you would think that with all the FUD Samsung says about the iPhone when anything remotely negative comes out against it I would like to think that Samsung would receive close to the same attention but I should have known better.

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
But honestly now....tight fitting clothes would naturally tell you there's something where there shouldn't be.

Look, I've worn jeans that have been so tight that I've needed to lay down in bed to zip them up. The presence of a QUARTER in my pocket would leave a mark on my hip. I AM NOT KIDDING, this is fact. There is NO WAY IN HELL that I would ever forget there was a phone in my pocket...assuming I could get one in there.

So no......I just don't buy the argument of tight jeans bending the device because you forget it's there and you sit.

Some bent devices would be accidental bending due to maybe sitting on it on your couch or maybe rolling over in bed. Or some troll from some other site being so bitter that they try to make Apple look bad. And them some teenage prank.

But bending because of sitting while in the pocket of tight jeans? Am iPhone 6 Plus?!?? With the SIZE of it?!!?! I can't put my Note 4 in my pocket without it sticking halfway out!!!!

Nah......

I agree with your point. Guys always keep their smartphones on their front pocket. But it is my personal experience that when you wear a slim fit jeans, and because of some circumstances, you have to bend down to pick something from the ground, where fold your knees completely. At that time you can feel that your smartphone is taking pressure, when you feel its strong impact on your quadriceps.

Now I have a back injury, where the disc of L4 spine is a slight bulge. To everyone advised to avoid forwarding bending, and even if I am picking a pencil from the ground I have to completely bed my knees, thighs keeping the back straight. So at that point a slim fit or even a straight fit jeans could exert pressure on your device when kept on the front pocket. Bigger the device, more vulnerable it is to such pressure.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
7K series Al looks promising.
Wonder if they went with type III anodizing.
Harder alloys are good because it keeps the device looking unscathed from smaller accidents which don't break anything, etc.
The test on chassis rigidity looks valid to me and the fact that it alone can handle over 75# without permanent deformation is certainly good news.
But I don't recommend putting any device like this in a pants pocket unless it's just temporary, very temporary!

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
7K series Al looks promising.
Wonder if they went with type III anodizing.
Harder alloys are good because it keeps the device looking unscathed from smaller accidents which don't break anything, etc.
The test on chassis rigidity looks valid to me and the fact that it alone can handle over 75# without permanent deformation is certainly good news.
But I don't recommend putting any device like this in a pants pocket unless it's just temporary, very temporary!

Hope, making it hard doesn't makes it brittle

jayp4969

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
So as a guy who wears regular male jeans, or preferably Carhartt work pants, it is possible with having your 6 plus in the front pocket to bend it. As others have said, and I've experienced, putting constant pressure against the device long enough will make it bend. Mine is a slight u shape, I just keep telling myself the aerodynamics make it faster ;)

In all seriousness I work in skilled trades and I'm constantly kneeling, bending, crawling around houses and it was bent on like day 3... Nothing serious but bent none the less. I'm hoping the 7k series prevents this, or I'll have to stop using my apple leather case and get an otter box and wear it on my hip like I did ten years ago with the crack berry lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit