Coming Back to Apple

metrix

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 4s to an HTC One M8 a while back. And while I *love* Android, I just don't like that phone. And from reading all the reports of the next Nexus devices from Google (the only acceptable Android device for me from here on out) I've decided it's just not acceptable. The cameras are okay at best on Nexus devices and fingerprint sensor on the back? Um...no. not feeling it. So today, placed my order through T-mobile for a silver 64GB 6s Plus. Gentleman at the store said I should be getting it on launch day but we'll see if that actually holds. In all, there's a few things I'm going to miss from Android but it'll be nice to hit the 90% mark on the things that I do want.

Here's to hoping the 6s Plus gets it right!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 4s to an HTC One M8 a while back. And while I *love* Android, I just don't like that phone. And from reading all the reports of the next Nexus devices from Google (the only acceptable Android device for me from here on out) I've decided it's just not acceptable. The cameras are okay at best on Nexus devices and fingerprint sensor on the back? Um...no. not feeling it. So today, placed my order through T-mobile for a silver 64GB 6s Plus. Gentleman at the store said I should be getting it on launch day but we'll see if that actually holds. In all, there's a few things I'm going to miss from Android but it'll be nice to hit the 90% mark on the things that I do want.

Here's to hoping the 6s Plus gets it right!
I'm right there with ya. Been on Android primarily for a few years. Spent an awful lot of time hunting down the "perfect" phone. Which doesn't exist, especially on Android. I just got tired of all the lackluster offerings from Android that I knew once I saw the 6s Plus I had to get back to Apple. They may not have the most "innovative" OS, but everything in Android seems like it was half baked and never worked as it should.

Here's to being back with Cupertino!!

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the M7 and it was terrible; the battery life and the camera were just plain terrible. I found my perfect android device in the Note 5 but I do like Apple a lot. We'll see if I pull the trigger on buying an iPhone 6S Plus; I'm still trying to justify the purchase and dual wielding :p

as4life

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
This will be my first apple phone. I was always anti iphone and had been with web OS and then android. I primarily stick with Nexus phones most recently the Nexus 6. IOS seems to have matured over the years. Hopefully I don't regret this move

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I've tried them all...first iPhone was the 5 and liked it but got bored with iOS and switched to android. Went through a few of those (Note 4, Moto series, G2, HTC m8,) and while I loved the customization of android, they all had their quirks and just wasn't as refined as an iPhone. I even dabbled with a blackberry classic for a few months (which I loved but the app market was awful and the small screen got old) finally broke down and bought a 6 which I love. Considering I also have a iPad Air 2 and a MacBook Pro, I plan on staying with an iPhone. Apple has come a long way and while they don't seem to be doing much in the revolutionary department, they still have refined the cell phone experience in a way that the other phone companies have not.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just left android after 4 years and started using a 6plus knowing the 6s plus was coming. Fortunately I'm using t mobile jump on demand so I basically am renting the 6 plus. I will not be going back to android. Pre ordered the 6s plus. Everything works. Apps run fast. I came from using a note 4 and note 5 and with 4 gb of ram I still feel this iphone runs apps smoother. Make the jump my friend.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
This will be my first apple phone. I was always anti iphone and had been with web OS and then android. I primarily stick with Nexus phones most recently the Nexus 6. IOS seems to have matured over the years. Hopefully I don't regret this move

I came from webOS too. There are a few things iOS has borrowed from webOS thankfully. You'll miss the back button but you'll like the back/forward swipe which is somewhat webOS like. Obviously the multitasking cards and swiping them away is very webOS but still not as nice. Has anything been? I wish they would borrow more especially with notifications. . I think you will like the hardware/software integration. It's nice to have the company making the software designing the hardware. You'll also enjoy getting a software update when everyone else does. Obviously you will miss the customization and tweaking. I kind of missed it at first. Now I just don't care. I got a little burnt out on constantly trying to reinvent my phone experience. In any event the "worst case" scenario is you sell your phone and go back to Android.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I came from webOS too. There are a few things iOS has borrowed from webOS thankfully. You'll miss the back button but you'll like the back/forward swipe which is somewhat webOS like. Obviously the multitasking cards and swiping them away is very webOS but still not as nice. Has anything been? I wish they would borrow more especially with notifications. . I think you will like the hardware/software integration. It's nice to have the company making the software designing the hardware. You'll also enjoy getting a software update when everyone else does. Obviously you will miss the customization and tweaking. I kind of missed it at first. Now I just don't care. I got a little burnt out on constantly trying to reinvent my phone experience. In any event the "worst case" scenario is you sell your phone and go back to Android.

Or jailbreak when iOS 9 exploits get discovered and you can have your customization (Android style) and stability of iOS.

The Lannisters send their regards.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for jailbreak to satisfy my android tweaking. Really want more icons in the dock and desperately new icons.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
This will be my first iPhone as well. I've used Android for the last 5 years, and BlackBerry and Sidekick before that. To me, although I still love Android it has become a bit stagnant. I've used an iPad Air for the past year in preparation for making iOS my daily driver. I have a lot of friends who say they're excited to get me on iMessage :). I'm also a notorious phone hopper. I have 2-3 flagship devices each year. I think the jump to Apple will keep me from doing that. I'll most likely stick with the 6s+ until the iPhone 7 :).

metrix

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I hear ya. I'm definitely trying to not go crazy with the flagships. I'd like to keep one for a year or two and just be done with it.

Technology is an expensive habit!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I felt the same way as you about 2 years ago. Then I tried iOS and really do enjoy it. While I'll never completely give up Android, I do enjoy my iPhone as my daily driver.

I also have a BlackBerry and Windows phone too. I just like my phones like I like food, a variety that can come with good and bad side effects!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
This will be my first iPhone as well. I've used Android for the last 5 years, and BlackBerry and Sidekick before that. To me, although I still love Android it has become a bit stagnant. I've used an iPad Air for the past year in preparation for making iOS my daily driver. I have a lot of friends who say they're excited to get me on iMessage :). I'm also a notorious phone hopper. I have 2-3 flagship devices each year. I think the jump to Apple will keep me from doing that. I'll most likely stick with the 6s+ until the iPhone 7 :).

You say that but I think you'll be part of the pajama party more often than you think! LOL

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Two peas in a pod here...

I've used Android primarily for 3 years and the better part of 5. I feel like it's very stagnant. And not very good for my tech OCD or a bank account with money in it. I'm really excited to get back to iOS full time. And to stop the madness of phone hunting!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I went from iPhone 5 to a Note 3 because I really wanted a big screen phone. I enjoyed using the Note 3 and eventually upgraded to the Note 4. However, the one thing that both of those phones have had in common is the requirement to clear app cache and partition cache in order to keep the phone running smooth without lagging. I primarily upgraded to the Note 4 because of skipping/stuttering bluetooth when playing streaming music via my two cars head units. Well low and behold the Note 4 does the same thing and I can confirm the Note 5 does it as well. REALLY, you can't create an OS that can stream music without skipping and stuttering. This is a common issue across all Android devices as indicated by all the threads on Google's Support Site. What do all these phones have in common, Android OS.

With all that said, I ordered myself a 64GB iPhone 6S Plus and I am done with Android in terms of continuing to upgrade. Don't get me wrong there are many things to like about Android and things I will miss. I am so looking forward to the refined OS and hardware all working together to provide a great overall experience. I won't be totally ditching Android, because I'll continue to use the Note 4 for work, but my personal device will be the iPhone going forward.

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, upgrading from my commodore 64 which I had strapped to a palm sander handle for mobility and wanted a similar feature set. This hits the spot!

Dude we get it you think iOS is only suitable for toddlers and people who are 'simple minded'. Is your express purpose in being here on iMore just to make us feel stupid for using iPhone? Go back to Android Central where people actually care about the fragmented mess that Android is oh and have you not been keeping up with the SD 810 overheating issues and how so many 'Fandroids' are lamenting about 2015 being a super sh1tty year for Android phones and oh how the 820 will make all things sunshine and rainbows!!

The Lannisters send their regards.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy your stay! Apple definitely offers great products; you'll be more than happy with it!

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy your stay! Apple definitely offers great products; you'll be more than happy with it!

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

That Note 5 is a darn good looking phone. I actually like the design better than the iPhone. But my experience with the Note 3 and 4 pretty much turned me off. Hope you enjoy yours!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Been there done them all as most of you. I've had BB, Android, Windows and IOS. Last week I finally cancelled my two extra lines and am now down to just two phones. Both IOS, one for work and one for personal. Just got to be too much to deal with and at some point you just have to say enough is enough lol. I'm so integrated with apple at this point it just make sense. All my family has iOS I have multiple apple tv's mac's and also iPads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR