Coming Back to Apple

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People need to remember these are corporations that are maximizing their profit. That it's ok to question their motives and decisions and talk about shortcomings. That people A aren't better than people B for using a certain product.

People also need to realize that it is entirely possible for a person to be 110% satisfied with a product, have no issues using their product, not clamor over a numbers game on paper for bragging rights...and still not be considered a raging "fanboy" as you so eloquently put it. My iPhone 6 Plus worked perfectly for the entirety of my ownership...it never bent, I never experienced any major OS issues, 1GB of RAM never caused me any issues that caused me frustration and it was the best smart phone I've ever owned to this point.

Me saying that would cause someone like you to critically accuse me of being a rabid Apple loyalist and apologist, but the reality is my phone worked perfectly for me and I had no complaints. What people ACTUALLY need to learn to do is understand that not every person has the same ownership experience as the next person...not everyone is as obsessed with spec sheet numbers as some are...and not every iPhone owner who reports a perfect experience is claiming Apple can "do no wrong".

Apple does a lot wrong...but it did everything right with my iPhone 6 Plus from my experience.

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
People also need to realize that it is entirely possible for a person to be 110% satisfied with a product, have no issues using their product, not clamor over a numbers game on paper for bragging rights...and still not be considered a raging "fanboy" as you so eloquently put it. My iPhone 6 Plus worked perfectly for the entirety of my ownership...it never bent, I never experienced any major OS issues, 1GB of RAM never caused me any issues that caused me frustration and it was the best smart phone I've ever owned to this point.

Me saying that would cause someone like you to critically accuse me of being a rabid Apple loyalist and apologist, but the reality is my phone worked perfectly for me and I had no complaints. What people ACTUALLY need to learn to do is understand that not every person has the same ownership experience as the next person...not everyone is as obsessed with spec sheet numbers as some are...and not every iPhone owner who reports a perfect experience is claiming Apple can "do no wrong".

Apple does a lot wrong...but it did everything right with my iPhone 6 Plus from my experience.

To me, a fanboy is someone who will only consider one product or company and scoffs at everything else. There are fanboys on both sides.

The iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone. Just wish it had a smaller footprint with smaller bezels though.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
To me, a fanboy is someone who will only consider one product or company and scoffs at everything else. There are fanboys on both sides.

The iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone. Just wish it had a smaller footprint with smaller bezels though.

A fanboy to me is someone who cannot see the downside of their manufacturer/device/etc but only finds flaws in others without any positives. They cannot be reasoned with as they do not see their opinion as opinion, but rather believe it themselves to be factual.

They won't try new things, won't be open to the idea.

I used to be like this with Android. However, I opened up when I saw a 5c for the first time. I realized that if I were to truly progress with my desire to learn and enjoy technology, I'd need to broaden my horizons.

Thus I got an iPhone, then a BlackBerry, then a Windows Phone. Now I own at least one of each and am open to trying anything else that comes my way.

Is Apple for everyone? No, probably not. Is Android for everyone, nope. If it works for you great. Just always keep in mind that the world is big and there are all kinds out there. =)

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Meh. There are fanboys everywhere, including here(Look up Other Operating Systems & Devices and then look at the note 3 thread and you'll see some fantastic raving iMore fanboyism ? la Crackberry. You'll also see some hypocritical crap as well regarding phablets). Everyone is guilty of it. You just have to recognize it and correct it. The people you have to look out for are those that think their company is the second coming of christ and can do no wrong. Every choice is right and correct and will bring many blessings to their faithful and their progeny.

People need to remember these are corporations that are maximizing their profit. That it's ok to question their motives and decisions and talk about shortcomings. That people A aren't better than people B for using a certain product.

I wish Apple was my company but it's not.
It's a company I purchase computing devices from.
I've been purchasing from them since 1992.
Have yet to purchase a product that was crap. Which is why I keep purchasing from them. Has nothing to do with being faithful. It has to do with the fact I trust that I'm going to get a good device. If I don't get a good device I trust they will repair or replace it quickly.

I purchased a HTC EVO 3D in 2011. That was crap. Didn't even last a year before there were numerous hardware issues. I've never considered a HTC device since. Also device support was crap.
Same with a BB it didn't last a year.
My 6 Plus falls into the camera replacement recall. I trust I can take it to any of the 5 Apple stores within driving distance of where I live and get it taken care of 6 months from now if I don't have the time to take it in and they will take care of it. I trust that they will.
Apple is a merchant that purchase from that in my experience has a great track record for service and support. That's it.

If my experience has been good for over 20 years why do I need to look elsewhere for a device. Even before Apple made phones the trust was there from their computer support.
I'm not trying to experience every device out there. I'm trying to get things done.

Just don't have the time flipping back and forth from Apple to Android

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Same thing with me. Went from a 6 plus to a lg g4. But I'm tired of this phone lagging and the misstaps. I'm going to be getting a 6s Plus 64gb space gray next month. Hopefully they'll still be in stock by then. I'm still between either the 6s or 6s plus.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I was a phone junkie since Nextel i90 or whatever it was called came out lol! I would take them apart and put different housings on them. Then I had the original iPhone. It broke on me and they were going to charge me an arm and a leg to fix it. I switch to Verizon and got a Blackberry. I had the OG Droid and a new phone about every 4 - 6 months since then (too many to recall right now). I got a 6+ in January and am still using it for my daily driver! I think it's a record for me! I ordered the 6s+ and can't wait to get it. I have an android phone for work and am still finding myself upgrading continually. Just got the Note 5, which I do love, but had just gotten the S6 Edge in May. I have a macbook, ipad and many ipods so just makes sense! The iPhone just works. The customization of android is cool for certain apps like my home cameras but battery life just can't compare to the iPhone.

anon(1863217)

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I can agree with many people on this thread. I was a blackberry user since 2007 with the original Curve. I finally made the move to Android in 2013 when the original Jump came out on T-Mobile, always getting a new Samsung (whether an S or a Note) every 6 months. I never bashed iPhones and people who had them, I just never liked them myself because I thought the features weren't up to par with Android (Personal Opinion) plus I always liked going against the "norm" and ALL my friends had iPhones. I think that after all this time, I am ready to make the switch to the 6s Plus. I made a mistake moving from the Note 4 to the S6 (I miss that big screen and battery life) and the Note 5 just doesn't "wow" me. I think that Apple finally made a great OS with iOS 9 and I really like using it (I've been playing with it on my girlfriend's iPhone. I realized that although I liked having the option to customize my phone when I was younger, now I just want a phone that works like it's supposed to. I want know where everything is, simplified, and I don't have to clear cache or close tabs all the time (Again, personal opinion). Plus I'm happy that iPhone finally has 2GB :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77