Coming Back to Apple

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Been there done them all as most of you. I've had BB, Android, Windows and IOS. Last week I finally cancelled my two extra lines and am now down to just two phones. Both IOS, one for work and one for personal. Just got to be too much to deal with and at some point you just have to say enough is enough lol. I'm so integrated with apple at this point it just make sense. All my family has iOS I have multiple apple tv's mac's and also iPads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's been my experience with Android. Enough is enough. I'm just so burnt out on it. I need to focus on other things. iPhone still gives me a great experience that I can rely on while spending my time with my family and not constantly buying/selling/hunting for the perfect Android phone.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder folks......... Those starting trouble will not lost long here.
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
[/INFO]

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Which part of Android do you like so much that you could never completely give it up?

The SD card and removable battery. Those two features are very useful with what I use my Note 3 for. I've got a lot of music, movies, etc on the SD card and when I have to buy a new phone, it's a lot easier to just transfer the card. I like the removable batteries because it helps me when one dies and I'm being too busy body to have time to charge. That can happen if I'm traveling or on the go and using my Note 3 as my entertainment center.

Like once I'd taken a bus from Florida to Texas when I moved back here to San Antonio. 38 hours I stayed awake and there wasn't a working charging plug on the Greyhounds (Ugh, go figure, 4 buses with broken plugs? It was annoying) So over the course of the trip, I'd keep kept 3 spare batteries. Was about 40% into the third battery at end of trip. I'd had a Huawei Ascend at the time.

Mostly now my main reason for keeping my Note 3 is that I'm unable to connect any iOS to my car for long periods of time. I've tried everything, they'll initially connect but drop off after about an hour. If I turn the car off, they will not connect again until I un-pair and re-pair the device.

My Note 3 always stays connected and starts playing my music immediately. For as long as I have the type of radio as I do in my car, I'm most likely going to keep my Note 3. If it just so happens that the phone breaks permanently, it may be time to upgrade the radio!

Oh and I'm running a really old ROM, so flash player runs really good. This has its uses with certain websites, videos, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
1. Some OEM's have already fixed thermal throttling. The next chip is almost rtm anyway.
2. Not my problem if a little posse of you here takes everything so personally. I'd say that's a 'you problem'. Use the ignore function.

It's not that we take everything personally I could give two hoots about which OS you use but what I have a problem is with how you approach us presenting your opinion.

The Lannisters send their regards.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't switched yet but I'm at about 95% towards switching to an iPhone after many years of android. I'm just tired of the issues. The number of them keeps growing year after year and the biggest ones have never been resolved in all the years I've stayed. The long updates have never been resolved. The quality of Google's coding of the OS doesn't steadily improve. Rather, each new version launches with a host of problems that take nearly a year of incremental patches to fix and then a new version comes out with more issues, rinse and repeat. If you're on a carrier phone, that becomes more like 18 months in total. Another way of looking at that is it's 3/4 of your contract.

I recently discovered that Samsung has placed two of the worst possible apps as bloat ware on the S6 too. Clean Master and McAfee AV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
That's been my experience with Android. Enough is enough. I'm just so burnt out on it. I need to focus on other things. iPhone still gives me a great experience that I can rely on while spending my time with my family and not constantly buying/selling/hunting for the perfect Android phone.

THIS. Owning a galaxy note 2-4 I felt I had to change roms icons launchers just to enjoy it. It's been 8 days since I've owned an iPhone and I am at ease. My god this battery in the plus is phenomenal. Apps crashing all the time, and then needing to download the apk of a new app because it's not ready and on ios alreasy. I won't miss it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm a long-time Android user who's thinking about getting the 6s. I still like Android but underwhelmed by the recent phones.

I think a big reason for the lull in good Android phones is because Qualcomm's premium 810 chip has been a relative flop and they're pretty much the only game in town besides Apple and Samsung when it comes to high-end mobile processors.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a long-time Android user who's thinking about getting the 6s. I still like Android but underwhelmed by the recent phones.

I think a big reason for the lull in good Android phones is because Qualcomm's premium 810 chip has been a relative flop and they're pretty much the only game in town besides Apple and Samsung when it comes to high-end mobile processors.

That seems to be the consensus from every comment I've read on the current crop of phones. I know there's a ton of conflicting views and not much excitement about this years crop of Nexus phones since they're more than likely to use the 810.

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
That seems to be the consensus from every comment I've read on the current crop of phones. I know there's a ton of conflicting views and not much excitement about this years crop of Nexus phones since they're more than likely to use the 810.

Yup. For Android phones, I think the smart bet is to wait until the 820 comes out.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
This will be my first iPhone as well. I've used Android for the last 5 years, and BlackBerry and Sidekick before that. To me, although I still love Android it has become a bit stagnant. I've used an iPad Air for the past year in preparation for making iOS my daily driver. I have a lot of friends who say they're excited to get me on iMessage :). I'm also a notorious phone hopper. I have 2-3 flagship devices each year. I think the jump to Apple will keep me from doing that. I'll most likely stick with the 6s+ until the iPhone 7 :).

I used to be a "Phone hopper" as well! Since I have had an iPhone (Since they came to verizon, the 4) I have been perfectly happy upgrading once a year to the newest iPhone. Before then I was getting a new phone every 4 months. They are stable and in my opinion can't be beat in "total package".

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I used to be a "Phone hopper" as well! Since I have had an iPhone (Since they came to verizon, the 4) I have been perfectly happy upgrading once a year to the newest iPhone. Before then I was getting a new phone every 4 months. They are stable and in my opinion can't be beat in "total package".

During my Android run I had 4 phones in 2 years which now in retrospect doesn't seem so bad compared to others LOL. But I was always looking at the latest and greatest figuring out how I could get it LOL.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
During my Android run I had 4 phones in 2 years which now in retrospect doesn't seem so bad compared to others LOL. But I was always looking at the latest and greatest figuring out how I could get it LOL.

Haha! Oh there was a formula. The people at Verizon knew me because I was in there so often meeting people from craigslist and then buying new phones.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Haha! Oh there was a formula. The people at Verizon knew me because I was in there so often meeting people from craigslist and then buying new phones.

LOL nice. The Galaxy Nexus was my last Android phone and once I traded it for an iPhone 4 LOL to prepare for the launch of the 5 there was no looking back.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

During the last two years I had:
LG G4
Note 4
HTC M8
LG G2
Sony Xperia Z

I think I'll be content with the next two years looking like:
iPhone 6s+
iPhone 7+

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
LG G4
Note 4
HTC M8
LG G2
Sony Xperia Z

iPhone 6s+
iPhone 7+

Dang LOL. I had a much older crop

The OG Moto Droid

HTC Thunderbolt

Droid Bionic

Galaxy Nexus

Yeah you'll find that you're much more content after switching to the iPhone. I have tried to go back to Android a couple times with the Nexus 5 & 6 but after using iOS for so long I just couldn't stand Android.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
LG G4
Note 4
HTC M8
LG G2
Sony Xperia Z

iPhone 6s+
iPhone 7+
Gotcha beat! Just since last fall I've had the following:

Nexus 5
Nexus 6
G3
iPhone 6 Plus
G3
Nexus 6
S6
S6 Active
Nexus 6
iPhone 6 Plus
Nexus 6

I've been hunting the perfect phone and haven't found it. The 6 Plus has been the closest of the bunch, but I recently got rid of it in preparation for the 6s Plus and went back to the Nexus 6. This phone is so slow and huge, drives me nuts. I really liked the S6 but battery life was atrocious. I had to charge at least twice a day to make it all day. That camera was incredible though. And no matter what I did, the phone lagged some. Which was unacceptable in a phone that cost that much and has the specs it had.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't know if I'll ever go back to 100% iOS. I generally like to have an Android phone and an iPhone. What really sucks is right now I have neither!!! I sold my M9 to back the Nextbit Robin on kickstarter, and already sold my 6 as soon as I got the 9/25 delivery date for my preordered 6s Plus. I'm using a Sony Ericsson w810 I had laying around. This little guy doesn't even have 3G. LOL

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Anybody who knows me from CrackBerry knows I'm a pretty staunch fan and supporter of BlackBerry. I've been a BB user since the Curve in '07', with several BBOS devices and a couple of BB10's in that time. I still love it, but it's not loving me back. Ironically, the very OS that got me off of physical keyboards is the one that's now leaving me high and dry -- the only new devices coming have keyboards and a slider that's gonna run (EWWW!) Android.

I've never used Android (I can't say it here, but anybody who knows me also knows what I think of Android). My biggest issue with the platform is that finding the right device and flavor of the OS. Ain't got no time fo dat. Android is crap. Ok, there, I said it.

I've never disliked Apple; in fact I've been running a Mac as my primary home desktop for years, and I'm posting this from an iPad Mini. I've just preferred BB more. But now it's becoming more apparent that BlackBerry is losing interest in the consumer hardware market, and my Z30 is getting a little long in the tooth. Being ever the nonconformist that I am, I was strongly considering WP, particularly the HTC One; but it seems WP is doing its share of floundering as well and may not be far behind BB10.

So a few weeks ago I started taking a more serious look at an iPhone and iOS for my daily driver, when I stumbled on the news that Apple would be announcing new devices. I had almost made up my mind, and the new stuff coming in the 6s and iOS 9 sealed it. 6S+ is on the way. I know there are features in BB10 that I'm gonna miss; I'm hoping the other benefits of iOS will make up for that. And maybe I'll see what all the excitement over this app stuff is all about in the process. :smile:

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
That Note 5 is a darn good looking phone. I actually like the design better than the iPhone. But my experience with the Note 3 and 4 pretty much turned me off. Hope you enjoy yours!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Understandable. I've tried Samsung in the past and was left wanting, like really wanting. Touchwhiz was a mess and just so laggy. The phones felt cheap. The S6/Note 5 experience is completely different. I'm enjoying it immensely. I am even using TouchWhiz and not a different launcher.

iMore is a fantastic resource if you have any questions, these fine people will help. Attempt to ignore the ruder people here though, sometimes it can be a bit like Crackberry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro