I haven't *left* Apple since 2009. My first iPhone was the 2009 and I tolerated it but LOVED my BlackBerry 9007. As time went by, and as I got more phones and the companies' offerings changed, I found myself tolerating BlackBerry and LOVING iPhone.
    The last BlackBerry I LOVED was the Torch 9810. It was downhill from there. Now I can't stand the devices.
    And now I can't imagine not having an iPhone.

In the meantime, I've bought several Android devices and a WP.

I LOVE phones.
    I'm like you, except with Android instead of BlackBerry. I always thought I'd favor Android but I've really grown to love iOS. I still love my Note 3, it's a beast with the ROM it's running.

While I still own a device from every OS (some more than one), I'll keep an iPhone as my daily driver.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    09-16-2015 04:07 PM
    I'm like you, except with Android instead of BlackBerry. I always thought I'd favor Android but I've really grown to love iOS. I still love my Note 3, it's a beast with the ROM it's running.

While I still own a device from every OS (some more than one), I'll keep an iPhone as my daily driver.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    When I was on Android I bagged on iOS users hard especially my friends who used iPhones. I was one of those who called every one isheep LOL. Now that I've been using iPhones again I'm like wow Android users (not all obviously) really are jerks LOL.

The Lannisters send their regards.
    John Yester likes this.
    09-16-2015 04:37 PM
    It comes down to what ever work best for those. Some like using stuff that to them is the best thing since sliced bread. while others view it as crap. lol

But again it comes down to effectiveness, stability and over all out come of using a device- hardware and software each day to make sure you have a functional product.
    09-16-2015 04:56 PM
    You are a hardcore GEEK
    That, I am, love!!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    John Yester likes this.
    09-16-2015 05:42 PM
    When I was on Android I bagged on iOS users hard especially my friends who used iPhones. I was one of those who called every one isheep LOL. Now that I've been using iPhones again I'm like wow Android users (not all obviously) really are jerks LOL.

The Lannisters send their regards.
    Me too. I realize now just how silly I was for bashing someone over their device choices. So now I remain unbiased and I keep my mind open. We all need to just live and let live.

If you like something, it doesn't mean you can't like other things too. Being put into a self made box only deprives you of new experiences. Right?

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-16-2015 05:58 PM
    I'm thinking about trying out an iPhone for the first time myself. I almost went that route back in 2008/2009 when the 3G was new, but someone told me about Android and I saw the upcoming Motorola Droid (I was already on Verizon) and have been on Android since then except for a small run on a Lumia 1020 from 12-13 through February of this year when I couldn't take it any longer and jumped back to Android with a 64GB Moto X Pure. I like it and have no problems with it, but I'm really getting sucked into seriously considering an iPhone.

Mainly due to the better app quality, getting the apps first, getting updates to the apps first, etc. From what I can see though, most of the base OS features I like in Android 5 & 5.1 are actually in iOS and about the only thing I'll miss is homescreen customization. My wife has been an iPhone fan from the start and just ordered a new 6s so I'll get a chance to check it out. Probably would go with a 6s Plus with 64GB on the new Apple upgrade program. Although 128GB for $4 more a month is really tempting too.
    09-16-2015 07:34 PM
    Yeah, I think I too will be converting to iPhone 6S....
    09-17-2015 03:51 PM
    I'm with you. I've been a complete android fan from near the beggining (Epic 4g). I've had many other phones. What I want in a new phone is a decent size screen, (not large) a great camera, and a great finger print sensor. There was nothing Android that I see coming down the pipe. I don't care for samsung devices......

So... I have a reservation to pick up my iPhone 6s (gold or space grey.... more than likely gold) next Friday to which I will show up in one of my android shirts...

Hoping I don't regret the switch. iOS 9 has resolved one of my sticking points which was a key board that never reflected what case I was typing in. It now shows lower case letters and uppercase letters.
    good luck!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-17-2015 11:33 PM
    Meh. There are fanboys everywhere, including here(Look up Other Operating Systems & Devices and then look at the note 3 thread and you'll see some fantastic raving iMore fanboyism la Crackberry. You'll also see some hypocritical crap as well regarding phablets). Everyone is guilty of it. You just have to recognize it and correct it. The people you have to look out for are those that think their company is the second coming of christ and can do no wrong. Every choice is right and correct and will bring many blessings to their faithful and their progeny.

People need to remember these are corporations that are maximizing their profit. That it's ok to question their motives and decisions and talk about shortcomings. That people A aren't better than people B for using a certain product.
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 09-18-2015 at 06:53 AM.
    09-18-2015 06:27 AM
    I've decided to double up with an iPhone and Android phone. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ is the best phone I've ever used and is the first phone to truly give me a "wow" factor since my 3GS. I'll be swapping the SIM between it and a 6S Plus for a bit and will see if one eventually wins me over. Looking forward to it. Let the games begin.
    09-18-2015 06:37 AM
    People need to remember these are corporations that are maximizing their profit. That it's ok to question their motives and decisions and talk about shortcomings. That people A aren't better than people B for using a certain product.
    People also need to realize that it is entirely possible for a person to be 110% satisfied with a product, have no issues using their product, not clamor over a numbers game on paper for bragging rights...and still not be considered a raging "fanboy" as you so eloquently put it. My iPhone 6 Plus worked perfectly for the entirety of my ownership...it never bent, I never experienced any major OS issues, 1GB of RAM never caused me any issues that caused me frustration and it was the best smart phone I've ever owned to this point.

Me saying that would cause someone like you to critically accuse me of being a rabid Apple loyalist and apologist, but the reality is my phone worked perfectly for me and I had no complaints. What people ACTUALLY need to learn to do is understand that not every person has the same ownership experience as the next person...not everyone is as obsessed with spec sheet numbers as some are...and not every iPhone owner who reports a perfect experience is claiming Apple can "do no wrong".

Apple does a lot wrong...but it did everything right with my iPhone 6 Plus from my experience.
    09-18-2015 12:24 PM
    People also need to realize that it is entirely possible for a person to be 110% satisfied with a product, have no issues using their product, not clamor over a numbers game on paper for bragging rights...and still not be considered a raging "fanboy" as you so eloquently put it. My iPhone 6 Plus worked perfectly for the entirety of my ownership...it never bent, I never experienced any major OS issues, 1GB of RAM never caused me any issues that caused me frustration and it was the best smart phone I've ever owned to this point.

Me saying that would cause someone like you to critically accuse me of being a rabid Apple loyalist and apologist, but the reality is my phone worked perfectly for me and I had no complaints. What people ACTUALLY need to learn to do is understand that not every person has the same ownership experience as the next person...not everyone is as obsessed with spec sheet numbers as some are...and not every iPhone owner who reports a perfect experience is claiming Apple can "do no wrong".

Apple does a lot wrong...but it did everything right with my iPhone 6 Plus from my experience.
    To me, a fanboy is someone who will only consider one product or company and scoffs at everything else. There are fanboys on both sides.

The iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone. Just wish it had a smaller footprint with smaller bezels though.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-18-2015 12:28 PM
    To me, a fanboy is someone who will only consider one product or company and scoffs at everything else. There are fanboys on both sides.

The iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone. Just wish it had a smaller footprint with smaller bezels though.
    A fanboy to me is someone who cannot see the downside of their manufacturer/device/etc but only finds flaws in others without any positives. They cannot be reasoned with as they do not see their opinion as opinion, but rather believe it themselves to be factual.

They won't try new things, won't be open to the idea.

I used to be like this with Android. However, I opened up when I saw a 5c for the first time. I realized that if I were to truly progress with my desire to learn and enjoy technology, I'd need to broaden my horizons.

Thus I got an iPhone, then a BlackBerry, then a Windows Phone. Now I own at least one of each and am open to trying anything else that comes my way.

Is Apple for everyone? No, probably not. Is Android for everyone, nope. If it works for you great. Just always keep in mind that the world is big and there are all kinds out there. =)

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    09-18-2015 12:51 PM
    Meh. There are fanboys everywhere, including here(Look up Other Operating Systems & Devices and then look at the note 3 thread and you'll see some fantastic raving iMore fanboyism la Crackberry. You'll also see some hypocritical crap as well regarding phablets). Everyone is guilty of it. You just have to recognize it and correct it. The people you have to look out for are those that think their company is the second coming of christ and can do no wrong. Every choice is right and correct and will bring many blessings to their faithful and their progeny.

I wish Apple was my company but it's not.
    It's a company I purchase computing devices from.
    I've been purchasing from them since 1992.
    Have yet to purchase a product that was crap. Which is why I keep purchasing from them. Has nothing to do with being faithful. It has to do with the fact I trust that I'm going to get a good device. If I don't get a good device I trust they will repair or replace it quickly.

I purchased a HTC EVO 3D in 2011. That was crap. Didn't even last a year before there were numerous hardware issues. I've never considered a HTC device since. Also device support was crap.
    Same with a BB it didn't last a year.
    My 6 Plus falls into the camera replacement recall. I trust I can take it to any of the 5 Apple stores within driving distance of where I live and get it taken care of 6 months from now if I don't have the time to take it in and they will take care of it. I trust that they will.
    Apple is a merchant that purchase from that in my experience has a great track record for service and support. That's it.

If my experience has been good for over 20 years why do I need to look elsewhere for a device. Even before Apple made phones the trust was there from their computer support.
    I'm not trying to experience every device out there. I'm trying to get things done.

Just don't have the time flipping back and forth from Apple to Android

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iEd; 09-19-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    09-18-2015 01:07 PM
    Same thing with me. Went from a 6 plus to a lg g4. But I'm tired of this phone lagging and the misstaps. I'm going to be getting a 6s Plus 64gb space gray next month. Hopefully they'll still be in stock by then. I'm still between either the 6s or 6s plus.
    09-18-2015 08:55 PM
    I was a phone junkie since Nextel i90 or whatever it was called came out lol! I would take them apart and put different housings on them. Then I had the original iPhone. It broke on me and they were going to charge me an arm and a leg to fix it. I switch to Verizon and got a Blackberry. I had the OG Droid and a new phone about every 4 - 6 months since then (too many to recall right now). I got a 6+ in January and am still using it for my daily driver! I think it's a record for me! I ordered the 6s+ and can't wait to get it. I have an android phone for work and am still finding myself upgrading continually. Just got the Note 5, which I do love, but had just gotten the S6 Edge in May. I have a macbook, ipad and many ipods so just makes sense! The iPhone just works. The customization of android is cool for certain apps like my home cameras but battery life just can't compare to the iPhone.
    09-18-2015 10:01 PM
    I can agree with many people on this thread. I was a blackberry user since 2007 with the original Curve. I finally made the move to Android in 2013 when the original Jump came out on T-Mobile, always getting a new Samsung (whether an S or a Note) every 6 months. I never bashed iPhones and people who had them, I just never liked them myself because I thought the features weren't up to par with Android (Personal Opinion) plus I always liked going against the "norm" and ALL my friends had iPhones. I think that after all this time, I am ready to make the switch to the 6s Plus. I made a mistake moving from the Note 4 to the S6 (I miss that big screen and battery life) and the Note 5 just doesn't "wow" me. I think that Apple finally made a great OS with iOS 9 and I really like using it (I've been playing with it on my girlfriend's iPhone. I realized that although I liked having the option to customize my phone when I was younger, now I just want a phone that works like it's supposed to. I want know where everything is, simplified, and I don't have to clear cache or close tabs all the time (Again, personal opinion). Plus I'm happy that iPhone finally has 2GB
    09-20-2015 12:22 PM
67 123