My phone is cracked thinking I should upgrade

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1442093493.795284.jpg
I'm on tmobile and have jump was debating on upgrading instead of getting my phone fixed but not sure what the better plan is
To pay to get it fixed and keep it and once my phone is payed off then upgrade that way I can always keep it but idk...

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just get the phone fixed and go about your business, u less you're looking for a reason to get one of the new iPhones.

If it's relatively the same price to get it fixed versus upgrade, why fix it when you can get something better at no extra cost or penalty? I don't see the logic in that.

Do they let you turn in a broken phone though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

From what I've read (I don't know first hand as I'm not on that plan and have never broken a phone), but I believe it has to be in working condition, and while the screen technically might work, I don't think it would qualify.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's relatively the same price to get it fixed versus upgrade, why fix it when you can get something better at no extra cost or penalty? I don't see the logic in that.
The OP stated that he was on T-mobile's network and was considering upgrading via their Jump plan in lieu of getting the phone fixed. I'm not with T-mobile, but I doubt they are going to allow the OP to trade in a damaged iPhone for a brand new one and updated model. Then again, I could be mistaken. Anyway, the better option, in my opinion, is the OP's other consideration -- get the phone fixed and then finish paying it off before upgrading.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The OP stated that he was on T-mobile's network and was considering upgrading via their Jump plan in lieu of getting the phone fixed. I'm not with T-mobile, but I doubt they are going to allow the OP to trade in a damaged iPhone for a brand new one and updated model. Then again, I could be mistaken. Anyway, the better option, in my opinion, is the OP's other consideration -- get the phone fixed and then finish paying it off before upgrading.

Right, I too believe that he will in fact not be able to trade in the phone, but depending upon how long he's had it, it's possible that the price without a trade-in could be comparable to that of fixing his broken phone, in which case I can't see the logic in shelling out the same sum of money for a lesser phone (the lesser phone being his current iPhone) versus upgrading at the same cost. However, if it is significantly more money to upgrade versus getting it fixed, then I'm with you all the way - get it fixed. I'm simply saying that if it's the same price, an upgrade seems more logical to me.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm on tmobile and have jump was debating on upgrading instead of getting my phone fixed but not sure what the better plan is
To pay to get it fixed and keep it and once my phone is payed off then upgrade that way I can always keep it but idk...

According to T-Mobile, your phone must be in "good working condition" when you trade it in. I seriously doubt your phone qualifies.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Cool thanks for seeing what I mention wasn't sure if I wrote it right and i was thinking it probably would be better to get it fixed then pay it off did not really think about the part of T-Mobile taking my phone the way it is

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Right, I too believe that he will in fact not be able to trade in the phone, but depending upon how long he's had it, it's possible that the price without a trade-in could be comparable to that of fixing his broken phone, in which case I can't see the logic in shelling out the same sum of money for a lesser phone (the lesser phone being his current iPhone) versus upgrading at the same cost. However, if it is significantly more money to upgrade versus getting it fixed, then I'm with you all the way - get it fixed. I'm simply saying that if it's the same price, an upgrade seems more logical to me.

Exactly that's what I was thinking if it is the same price then to just upgrade probably my best bet would be to call T-Mobile and see what they say

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
According to T-Mobile, your phone must be in "good working condition" when you trade it in. I seriously doubt your phone qualifies.

The OP will not be able to turn in a cracked screen iPhone for Jump -- it must pass a in-store 3-point inspection which includes no damage (broken screen)

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The OP will not be able to turn in a cracked screen iPhone for Jump -- it must pass a in-store 3-point inspection which includes no damage (broken screen)

Yeah got off the phone with them not to long ago and got the confirmation my best bet is to get it fixed at the Apple Store

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah got off the phone with them not to long ago and got the confirmation my best bet is to get it fixed at the Apple Store

Just to clarify I think you can get it fixed anywhere and then take it in for JoD upgrade -- I don't think T-Mobile is going to know whether or not you had it fixed at Apple or possibly saved some money elsewhere

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify I think you can get it fixed anywhere and then take it in for JoD upgrade -- I don't think T-Mobile is going to know whether or not you had it fixed at Apple or possibly saved some money elsewhere

Yeah they told me they don't care where I get it fixed at but when i looked at the other places there more expensive for my iPhone 6 Plus so gonna get it fixed at Apple might just get it paid off first then get a new one not sure yet now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seb M

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Money isn't everything. If you're environmentally conscious, it makes sense to repair the phone as it is less wasteful than buying a new one.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Money isn't everything. If you're environmentally conscious, it makes sense to repair the phone as it is less wasteful than buying a new one.

Well yeah that as well I've got a little less then half off on this phone so figured might as well fix it and pay it off especially since I need to fix it before I can use T-Mobile jump does not make sense to pay to fix it trade it in and then make a payment to get the 6s plus

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2