Verizon tried to make me change plans

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I went on Verizon's site to pre-order my 6s Plus and they would not let me check out with my current unlimited data plan even though I was paying full price for the phone. Luckily I was able to use my Apple Store app on my iPhone and pre-order. According to Apple, my current unlimited data plan is still in tact and it let me complete the checkout. I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet (only ordered 10 minutes ago), but the order is listed in my order history. So we'll see. Damn you Verizon! Sneaky bastards!

Anyone else have issues with pre-ordering through Verizon?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have unlimited anymore. I did the get ready to preorder thing yesterday on the Apple website and I noticed I only had Next or pay in full as choices.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't have unlimited anymore. I did the get ready to preorder thing yesterday on the Apple website and I noticed I only had Next or pay in full as choices.

I get the same options.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I went on Verizon's site to pre-order my 6s Plus and they would not let me check out with my current unlimited data plan even though I was paying full price for the phone. Luckily I was able to use my Apple Store app on my iPhone and pre-order. According to Apple, my current unlimited data plan is still in tact and it let me complete the checkout. I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet (only ordered 10 minutes ago), but the order is listed in my order history. So we'll see. Damn you Verizon! Sneaky bastards!

Anyone else have issues with pre-ordering through Verizon?

Were you grandfathered in? If not, that's why.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Were you grandfathered in? If not, that's why.

Yes, grandfathered in but in the past I've always seen the option to keep my current unlimited data plan when paying full price. This time the only options they gave were to select a new tiered data plan. Not cool.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

My two choices were 2 year contract or pay full price.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, grandfathered in but in the past I've always seen the option to keep my current unlimited data plan when paying full price. This time the only options they gave were to select a new tiered data plan. Not cool.

You probably won't be to keep it much longer anyways. It's all going EDGE soon. I'm grandfathered in with the 2 year contract plan (no unlimited), but won't be by next year most likely.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I recently ditched the last unlimited line a couple weeks ago .. The new XL plan saved me 60 bucks a month and I was able to add my iPad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You probably won't be to keep it much longer anyways. It's all going EDGE soon. I'm grandfathered in with the 2 year contract plan (no unlimited), but won't be by next year most likely.

It's hard to say what will happen. You'd have to think carriers didn't like what Apple did. However, one thing has stayed constant...changes in plans usually mean more money for carriers, less for you.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Still got the 2 year contract plan with Verizon buying from Apple.

Same here. Verizon wasn't showing the option for two year pricing for the 6s or 6s Plus on their website. A rep told me their website was having problems, but I think Verizon was hiding it on purpose. It was showing two year pricing for all the other phones, and it was showing two year pricing for the new iPhones on the mobile site before they started taking preorders.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You should consider switching plans unless you use more than 12gb per month. You will save a significant amount of money.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You should consider switching plans unless you use more than 12gb per month. You will save a significant amount of money.
I average 30-40 GB a month. My plan is $76 a month including taxes and fees. The coverage I get for the price I pay can't be beat IMO. I never have any dropped calls or missed or delayed text messages and never lose a signal inside buildings or anything.