I'm planning to upgrade one of the lines on my AT&T Mobile Value Share plan to the new iPhone. If I pre-order directly from Apple, will the phone be shipped to me with the AT&T SIM included so I can activate it at home? Or will I have to take the phone to an AT&T store to get the SIM and get it activated? I've always ordered my phones directly from AT&T and they always come ready to go, but this is my first time pre-ordering an iPhone and I've read it's best to order from the Apple Store app. Just want to be sure the phone will come with the SIM.
    09-11-2015 11:43 PM
    I'm planning to upgrade one of the lines on my AT&T Mobile Value Share plan to the new iPhone. If I pre-order directly from Apple, will the phone be shipped to me with the AT&T SIM included so I can activate it at home? Or will I have to take the phone to an AT&T store to get the SIM and get it activated? I've always ordered my phones directly from AT&T and they always come ready to go, but this is my first time pre-ordering an iPhone and I've read it's best to order from the Apple Store app. Just want to be sure the phone will come with the SIM.
    It should come with a "ready to activate" SIM included.
    EmceeGeek and EBynum like this.
    09-11-2015 11:44 PM
    OK, that's good to know. Thanks, HankAZ!
    09-12-2015 12:59 AM
    Ready to go SIM and locked to AT&T. You will need to meet the AT&T terms just to unlock it but it can be done.
    EBynum likes this.
    09-12-2015 06:28 PM
    Thanks, Raptor007! Glad the phone comes ready to activate. Don't care that it's locked to AT&T since I'm not planning on switching carriers. Tried T-Mobile, but their coverage is lousy where I live.
    09-12-2015 11:44 PM