I wanted to know you guys' experiences with pre ordering online versus in person. I'm going in person to an AT&T store to avoid getting stuck with the website crashing but the store isn't opening until 8 a.m. In the past when sites have crashed how long does it last? was it horrible? or bearable?
    09-11-2015 02:35 PM
    I know this much, last year Verizon was down a bit but I still got through around 30 minutes after logging in. By the time the stores opened, the dates were pushed out to October.

I cannot predict what will happen this time, but if you are really wanting your phone on the 25th, I don't suggest waiting til the morning.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    09-11-2015 02:47 PM
    I ordered online last year and it was fine. Got my phone on the first day.
    09-11-2015 02:52 PM
    From my past experiences, I can say it's either pre-order online or wait in line, if you want it on launch day. Sure, others have had luck by waiting until their carrier opens at 8am or whenever but I only had that luck once and that was because I got a tip-off from a friend who works at the carrier I use in the UK that I could call on a separate friends and family number and get mine at that point.
    09-11-2015 02:52 PM
    Noob question - Is it possible to pre-order and then pick it up at an Apple store on launch day, or does it HAVE to be shipped?
    09-11-2015 02:53 PM
    Noob question - Is it possible to pre-order and then pick it up at an Apple store on launch day, or does it HAVE to be shipped?
    Wondering the same thing
    09-11-2015 02:56 PM
    Historically pre-orders need to ship and Apple doesn't open up order for in-store pickup until release day, or the night before.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-11-2015 03:00 PM
    Per Apple, on a call this morning, if I use Next (which is what I'm using) I can't pick up in store.
    09-11-2015 03:15 PM
    Per Apple, on a call this morning, if I use Next (which is what I'm using) I can't pick up in store.
    Hmm...I wonder if that's the same for JUMP...
    09-11-2015 03:18 PM
    With the 5 I just went to the Verizon store about 3 hours before opening and was 5th in line. No problem but last year waited 14 hours at the Apple Store. You tend to have fewer people at carrier stores and even best buy. Best buy was across the road from the Apple Store and there was only about 20 people in line there.
    09-11-2015 03:40 PM
    I did this last year. Paid full price for the phone using that "Next" thing. I resorted to it because by the time I got my order in the delivery dates started getting pushed to later.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-11-2015 03:48 PM
    With the 5 I just went to the Verizon store about 3 hours before opening and was 5th in line. No problem but last year waited 14 hours at the Apple Store. You tend to have fewer people at carrier stores and even best buy. Best buy was across the road from the Apple Store and there was only about 20 people in line there.
    I'm thinking about going to T-Mo on launch day, just because I know they won't mess up my JUMP stuff, and the T-Mo I go to is right across from an Apple store where the mob will most likely be.
    09-11-2015 03:51 PM
    I'm annoyed that I need to use the AT&T site this year if I want to use my 2 year contract upgrade. Thru Apple they are only allowing Next and full price upgrades. And I have an grandfathered unlimited plan. I don't actually need the unlimited, but I've run the numbers and moving to a AT&T Movile Share plan with Next is much more expensive for me.
    09-11-2015 03:53 PM
    I'm annoyed that I need to use the AT&T site this year if I want to use my 2 year contract upgrade. Thru Apple they are only allowing Next and full price upgrades. And I have an grandfathered unlimited plan. I don't actually need the unlimited, but I've run the numbers and moving to a AT&T Movile Share plan with Next is much more expensive for me.
    I hate this new rule too cause it's usually better to order on Apple's site. If for some reason I can't get through to AT&T site by 3:05am est then I'm going to pull the trigger on Apple and Next. I prefer the two year upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-11-2015 04:01 PM
    I hate this new rule too cause it's usually better to order on Apple's site. If for some reason I can't get through to AT&T site by 3:05am est then I'm going to pull the trigger on Apple and Next. I prefer the two year upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Agreed. In my case, switching from our existing two year contract to their Mobile Share and Next was more than an extra $1K over a two year period.
    09-11-2015 04:18 PM
    I've decided to change my mind and go online. I'll be 7 hours behind everyone else that's preordering 3 am Eastern time. seems like you have a better chance getting a device on launch day going through online. I was a week late pre ordering last year and I got some November date and that sucked -_-
    09-11-2015 04:54 PM
    I'm wondering if I should pre-order through Apple or Verizon. I'm paying full price either way. Last year, I had to pre-order through Verizon because Apple was only doing 2 year contract orders. This year looks like you can once again order through Apple when paying full price.
    09-11-2015 05:43 PM
    I'm wondering if I should pre-order through Apple or Verizon. I'm paying full price either way. Last year, I had to pre-order through Verizon because Apple was only doing 2 year contract orders. This year looks like you can once again order through Apple when paying full price.
    Apple Store app was always much easier I would use them if you can .. I have to use Verizon :/ so it's going to be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-11-2015 06:36 PM
    Anyone order through best buy online in the past? If so, how long did it take to get phone?
    09-11-2015 06:54 PM
    i know when i pre ordered the watch through the app i was able to go in before pre order and favorite the watch i wanted. This made it easier for me when pre ordered opened up and all i needed to do was check out
    09-11-2015 07:40 PM
    Always online, but one year I am going to a store just to say I have done so
    09-11-2015 07:52 PM
    Always online, but one year I am going to a store just to say I have done so
    We should go camp out together sometime. There's several more in the greater DC region. We could have an iMore camp out.
    09-11-2015 07:54 PM
    Apple Store app was always much easier I would use them if you can .. I have to use Verizon :/ so it's going to be interesting

Curious as to why you have to use Verizon.....is there something different with Verizon? I am a Verizon customer and have been trying to figure out where I am ordering mine, Verizon or Apple. I have to purchase at full price either way.
    09-11-2015 08:51 PM
    Curious as to why you have to use Verizon.....is there something different with Verizon? I am a Verizon customer and have been trying to figure out where I am ordering mine, Verizon or Apple. I have to purchase at full price either way.
    I am doing device payment that's why but if you are doing full price then I would do Apple

09-11-2015 08:53 PM
    I usually fall in line during launch day but I always see a "Reservation" line at the Apple Store and only 3 or 4 people are in there. I'm not sure if that line is for people who wants to make a reservation or people who pre-ordered and have the option for store pick-up. I never bothered to ask the people at Apple Store but is there anyone who knows what that line is for?
    09-11-2015 08:54 PM
40 12