Pre-ordering online

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to know you guys' experiences with pre ordering online versus in person. I'm going in person to an AT&T store to avoid getting stuck with the website crashing but the store isn't opening until 8 a.m. In the past when sites have crashed how long does it last? was it horrible? or bearable?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I know this much, last year Verizon was down a bit but I still got through around 30 minutes after logging in. By the time the stores opened, the dates were pushed out to October.

I cannot predict what will happen this time, but if you are really wanting your phone on the 25th, I don't suggest waiting til the morning.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
From my past experiences, I can say it's either pre-order online or wait in line, if you want it on launch day. Sure, others have had luck by waiting until their carrier opens at 8am or whenever but I only had that luck once and that was because I got a tip-off from a friend who works at the carrier I use in the UK that I could call on a separate friends and family number and get mine at that point.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
With the 5 I just went to the Verizon store about 3 hours before opening and was 5th in line. No problem but last year waited 14 hours at the Apple Store. You tend to have fewer people at carrier stores and even best buy. Best buy was across the road from the Apple Store and there was only about 20 people in line there.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Noob question - Is it possible to pre-order and then pick it up at an Apple store on launch day, or does it HAVE to be shipped?

I did this last year. Paid full price for the phone using that "Next" thing. I resorted to it because by the time I got my order in the delivery dates started getting pushed to later.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
With the 5 I just went to the Verizon store about 3 hours before opening and was 5th in line. No problem but last year waited 14 hours at the Apple Store. You tend to have fewer people at carrier stores and even best buy. Best buy was across the road from the Apple Store and there was only about 20 people in line there.

I'm thinking about going to T-Mo on launch day, just because I know they won't mess up my JUMP stuff, and the T-Mo I go to is right across from an Apple store where the mob will most likely be.

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm annoyed that I need to use the AT&T site this year if I want to use my 2 year contract upgrade. Thru Apple they are only allowing Next and full price upgrades. And I have an grandfathered unlimited plan. I don't actually need the unlimited, but I've run the numbers and moving to a AT&T Movile Share plan with Next is much more expensive for me.

I hate this new rule too cause it's usually better to order on Apple's site. If for some reason I can't get through to AT&T site by 3:05am est then I'm going to pull the trigger on Apple and Next. I prefer the two year upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've decided to change my mind and go online. I'll be 7 hours behind everyone else that's preordering 3 am Eastern time. seems like you have a better chance getting a device on launch day going through online. I was a week late pre ordering last year and I got some November date and that sucked -_-

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if I should pre-order through Apple or Verizon. I'm paying full price either way. Last year, I had to pre-order through Verizon because Apple was only doing 2 year contract orders. This year looks like you can once again order through Apple when paying full price.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if I should pre-order through Apple or Verizon. I'm paying full price either way. Last year, I had to pre-order through Verizon because Apple was only doing 2 year contract orders. This year looks like you can once again order through Apple when paying full price.

Apple Store app was always much easier I would use them if you can .. I have to use Verizon :/ so it's going to be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
i know when i pre ordered the watch through the app i was able to go in before pre order and favorite the watch i wanted. This made it easier for me when pre ordered opened up and all i needed to do was check out

Jde2466

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Apple Store app was always much easier I would use them if you can .. I have to use Verizon :/ so it's going to be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious as to why you have to use Verizon.....is there something different with Verizon? I am a Verizon customer and have been trying to figure out where I am ordering mine, Verizon or Apple. I have to purchase at full price either way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2