Preorders

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I did preorder via the app. Ridiculously easy.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered through Verizon due to Apple not recognizing that I could upgrade. Smooth sailing. Started inputting info at 0255, hit pay at 0300, order receipt at 0301. Got lucky this year, last year was a train wreck.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I did preorder via the app. Ridiculously easy.

It was very easy once I got a stable internet connection. I'm on vacation and the Internet sucks here. It took me about 1 and a half hours to get my order in. However once I got a good internet connection I sailed through.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What ship date did you get? Curious because some folks are already getting Oct 15 dates.

Edit: just saw you're picking up in store.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine went horrible . I couldn't even get the carrier site to load so I waited now all that's left are the 16s

Sent from my Space-G iPhone

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh no! I'm sorry. Did you try the app on your device?

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The Apple Store app and apple website still have plenty available. Check the pajama party thread. I recently posted the availability of the Plus in all sizes and colors and carriers.

I ordered at 0800 this morning C.S.T via apple store app. Still got 9/25 delivery date!

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Managed to pre-order my 6s plus 64gb on contract from Telus at 2:56am. Was surprised came online few mins early and will receive on the 25th.
Normally order from Apple or line up but my wife's plan was up for renewal and she's still happy with her blackberry (I know huh. Blackberry in this day in age) lol. So used that upgrade.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
This year was super smooth. Ordered two phones for us for in store pick up and it took about all of 5 mins. Last year it was well over an hour but I lucked out and got my 6+ launch day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
The Apple Store app and apple website still have plenty available. Check the pajama party thread. I recently posted the availability of the Plus in all sizes and colors and carriers.

Was trying to use one of my lines upgrades so that won't help me any.. And unfortunately after talking to customer service, found out that the plus in 64 and 128 will not be offered until the 25

Sent from my Space-G iPhone

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This year was super smooth. Ordered two phones for us for in store pick up and it took about all of 5 mins. Last year it was well over an hour but I lucked out and got my 6+ launch day.

Yeah they really smoothed things out is time. I guess the Watch ordering fiasco taught them a thing or two.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I did it with Apple since AT&T has in the past not been the best. My sister on the other hand pre-ordered from Verizon at 3am on the East like me and got 3 6s for her family and got a confirmation from Verizon for the 25th, but I have seen Verizon push dates even after confirmation.

I figure with Apple I am safe plus you can do the AT&T Next with Apple so no biggie and I always do Next 12 so I can trade in next year anyways if I want.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I went ahead and preordered from AT&T with my upgrade and then also preordered an unlocked one for my wife and I from Apple. I figured if I get both in the mail, I can either return or sell the ones I don't want. Considering selling the AT&T ones for what I paid for them and holding onto the unlocked ones. We will see but I expect the AT&T ones to be here right around launch. Every year there are rumors of AT&T or Verizon or other carriers not having enough stock to ship and every year the people who say that are wrong and they end up having plenty. My mother in law ordered my sister in laws iPhone 6 at 9am the day preorders opened and she got hers in the mail about 20 minutes after I did and I waited in line at an AT&T.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This was one of the easiest preorder that I can remember. Woke up at 2:30am. Used the App to order at exactly 3am. Three minutes after 3 my order was confirmed with a ship date of 9/25. Next year I'll use the App again as it was a much faster way of getting my order in.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and preordered from AT&T with my upgrade and then also preordered an unlocked one for my wife and I from Apple. I figured if I get both in the mail, I can either return or sell the ones I don't want. Considering selling the AT&T ones for what I paid for them and holding onto the unlocked ones. We will see but I expect the AT&T ones to be here right around launch. Every year there are rumors of AT&T or Verizon or other carriers not having enough stock to ship and every year the people who say that are wrong and they end up having plenty. My mother in law ordered my sister in laws iPhone 6 at 9am the day preorders opened and she got hers in the mail about 20 minutes after I did and I waited in line at an AT&T.

Last year I wanted the Verizon 6 Plus so I went through their website to get it. I ended up getting it about a month after the official launch. I'll never order through a carrier again as long as I don't have to. I know people now who ordered the 6S Plus and regular 6S through AT&T at 3am on the 12th and have a 3 to 4 week wait from what their confirmation reads. I ordered the Full price AT&T 6S Plus through Apple this year at 3am and will be getting it on launch day.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This was one of the easiest preorder that I can remember. Woke up at 2:30am. Used the App to order at exactly 3am. Three minutes after 3 my order was confirmed with a ship date of 9/25. Next year I'll use the App again as it was a much faster way of getting my order in.

Similar experience. The app was SO simple. I'll never do this via a laptop ever again.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2