What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
What do you guys think of the Lifeproof Fre? I'm using a Native Union case right now (the silicon/canvas model) and a glass screen protector and loving it but worried about protection while hiking/etc. I'll have to at least lose the glass screen protector to use the Fre but unsure whether to buy it and use it 100% of the time or use something else when I don't need that level and deal with scratched oleophobic coating on the phone (those super fine scratches that still appear) since I won't want to remove a screen protector every time I want to use the Fre.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
How are people's Apple silicone cases holding up. I was going to buy one until I saw it got some pretty bad reviews on the Apple store itself. People said it began to peel in just a month or so.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How are people's Apple silicone cases holding up. I was going to buy one until I saw it got some pretty bad reviews on the Apple store itself. People said it began to peel in just a month or so.

haven't had any issues like that, and we have a couple of them. Guess it depends on what you do with the case :)

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I decided to bail on the Fre idea for hiking. I suspect there's only a very slim chance I'll ever really need waterproof so I wasn't sure potential sound quality issues, not being able to use a glass screen protector, etc. were worth it. I found a youtube video where someone does iPhone 6 and 6s (no Plus models though) drop tests with various cases from 50 feet onto concrete (yes you read that right) and while the Fre actually survived I found another case that's cheaper, potentially less usability issues, and also survived a 50 foot fall with the phone intact and minimal damage to the case. Ordered a Spigen Tough Amor Tech case. Can't wait for it to get here.

What do you guys think of the Lifeproof Fre? I'm using a Native Union case right now (the silicon/canvas model) and a glass screen protector and loving it but worried about protection while hiking/etc. I'll have to at least lose the glass screen protector to use the Fre but unsure whether to buy it and use it 100% of the time or use something else when I don't need that level and deal with scratched oleophobic coating on the phone (those super fine scratches that still appear) since I won't want to remove a screen protector every time I want to use the Fre.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I think I've finally settled on my favorite case. The Evutec Karbon SI I had was good, but the buttons were hard to press. It was only marginally better than the official Apple leather case, but the keyword is marginally. So, I bought the Evutec Karbon S, which is the snap-on version of the Karbon SI. It's awesome. I love it. The case feels absolutely fantastic in the hand, extremely thin, the buttons are cut out, so there's obviously great feedback, and the bottom of the case kind of slopes along the bottom of the phone, so it doesn't hurt when I rest the phone on my pinky (it still hurts if I'm resting the phone for too long, though). I admit this case is not for everyone (there's no drop protection, the top and bottom are exposed, there's barely any lay on the table protection, and I'm not sure if the camera is protected either), but for what I'm looking for in a case, this is close to perfect as they come.

Link in case anyone is interested:
Karbon S Osprey for iPhone 6/6S Plus with no logo cut out

r_bldwn

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Dreem: Fibonacci Case in black. It's a wallet case, with removable magnetic shell. The magnets are strong enough to keep the iPhone attached under most circumstances. There are other wallet cases out there but I'd put this at the top of the class.

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been really happy with the basic Apple gel case. Not bulky, but provides a little shock protection. Even survived a little motorcycle spill in my front pocket with just a nick.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR