Any 6 Plus Users Moving To A Different Phablet Other Than The 6S Plus?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Kind of in the same boat as you Jake but the last two years I tried to use a Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 respectively and just couldn't do it. I especially liked lollipop and felt it's been the best upgrade to Android yet, with Marshmallow on the way it will be even better. I might be able to switch back with Android Pay on the way and more phones implementing finger print scanners that's things I probably wouldn't miss but the quality of apps on Android still can't match iOS plus the seamless integration and the fact that I switched back to iOS 3 years ago after 2 years of being on Android so I'm deeply invested in the ecosystem with app purchases and using iCloud for everything. Ugh just don't know I'm going to look at the new Nexus phones this year before upgrading just to check out my options but I'm still an Apple guy through and through especially after coming back.

The Lannisters send their regards.

I really just cannot stand the look of Stock Android. I actually think TouchWiz and Sense are both better, and the fact that Sony and Motorola have cut back to almost Stock has really taken them off the table for me. A lot of Google's stock apps are just "bare minimum" efforts and you lose a lot of the convenience that you're used to on Sense, TouchWiz, or iOS (and even Windows Phone) devices.

And then going further, HTC's crappy cameras have pretty much taken them out of the running these days.

One thing I do love about Android Phones is their CODEC support. Samsung devices can play almost anything I throw at them. Ogg, FLAC, WMA/WMV, AAC, MP3, MP4, MOV, etc. etc. etc. Apple's CODEC support is pretty poor compared to Android. If you like to RIP your CD collection to a[n otherwise widely supported] lossless format and load it up onto your phone easily, Android's where it's at, followed by Windows Mobile. Windows and Linux both support FLAC, along with Android devices.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I wouldn't really use a stylus with a phone. A bigger tablet maybe. I can't really see switching to something else from iphone. There's just too many compromises and it doesn't fit what I'm used to now. Although I do agree that Apple needs to focus on software more, 3rd party apps are saving the day as well as the ability to run windows on a Mac.

The ipad pro just looks like a fun device to me. It would replace my old ipad. I don't need a surface type of device since I have a great laptop. What I want in a tablet are apps made for multitouch. That's ipad. If I wanted complex, full programs, I'd use a laptop. But that's not what I want to grab at home to casually use. Now if it was someone who's buying this to be their primary device vs a surface or laptop, I'd recommend the surface or laptop.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
No I'm not leaving the iPhone. I have the 6 plus currently. And I kept leaving iOS for android. Had the Note 3, LG G3, and Note 4 but always coming back.

I don't think I'll be updating to the iPhone 6s plus. May wait for the iPhone 7. But I may change my mind once I play with the 6s plus in the store 😀

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
So I had the same desire as the OP, to try something new. I usually try out Android at least twice a year and almost always go right back before my 14 days. This time, the wife came with me to the S6 Edge Plus. It was awesome when we got it in the mail. The screen is gorgeous, the OS is incredibly smooth, at least as much as my 6 Plus was. Speaker was loud and call quality was decent. But I am returning it for a few reasons. I had a weird rattling in my speaker and my wife does as well (the earpiece) and it makes calls sound metallic somehow. The battery life is pretty unspectacular. I get about 3.5 hours of screen on time, compared to close to 9 with my iPhone, and have to charge every night, usually before I am ready. My 6 Plus would go 2 days during the work week and some times close to 3 on weekends and into Monday if I kind of left it alone. I don't use my phone much, but the battery on the Samsung drains quickly, about 5% per hour not in use. That is terrible since I could leave my iPhone for 3-4 hours after taking it off the charger and still be around 100% or even sometimes at 100%. Finally, iMessage and FaceTime are kind of hard to replace and try as we may, interacting with my in-laws who have a huge part in my 10 month old daughter's life was tough. With the iPhone we can easily call them or message them and she can FaceTime with them and see them without being in the same state. We travel a good bit, 3-4 times per year, and always would FaceTime them during the day to show them what we were up to. Now with the Live Pictures we can share even more and upgrading to the 128gb will be the same price as our Samsung's so it is a no brainer. Now I just need the weekend to be here so we can order them and I can have some peace of mind.

StayFly

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
i have a iphone 6 plus but i also have, a lg g4, note 4, note 4edge, s6 edge and now a note 5 and couldn't be happier. the s pen is the best thing out! It's the best phone I've ever owned and I've owned a ton of phones.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
i have a iphone 6 plus but i also have, a lg g4, note 4, note 4edge, s6 edge and now a note 5 and couldn't be happier. the s pen is the best thing out! It's the best phone I've ever owned and I've owned a ton of phones.

Dang give me some of that money hot dang!!

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Jake I am glad to hear that you are liking your Note 5. I currently have a 6+ but have been eyeing the N5 for the past few weeks. I wanted to wait to hear what Apple announced for the 6s+ before I decided to do anything. Although I think the upgrade is cool, I just can't seem to get excited about it. I have been toying with the idea of getting myself an N5 and keeping my 6+ as a backup (for those days that I miss Apple and want to come back).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to switch to the 6s+. Currently I have the iPhone 6 but the only thing I am left wanting is a larger screen and the best camera. I'm excited for the 6s+. Bring it on!

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I was planning to upgrade to the 6s+, but instead put an order on Amazon today for the Moto X Pure Edition. Nothing against the new 6s phones, since they look very nice indeed. Just wanting to try something different for awhile.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to switch to the 6s+. Currently I have the iPhone 6 but the only thing I am left wanting is a larger screen and the best camera. I'm excited for the 6s+. Bring it on!

Yeah you won't regret it. I bought the 6+ originally then returned it 5 days later for the 6. I thought it was too big at the time but now I switched carriers and got a 6+ and love it!! Now I wish I would have kept the + this whole time. Definitely getting the 6S+!

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had two 5's, a 5c, and the 6 Plus. Also had the Droid DNA, 1st gen Moto X, Note 4, and now the Note 5. The Note 5 is the first android phone that is as smooth and fluid as the iPhone. My Note 5 is the best phone I have ever had, all the pauses, stutters, and hesitations of the previous android phones are gone. Battery lasts all day without a problem. The camera is every bit as good as my 6 Plus was. I'm running the material design theme so no more weird touchwiz colors. Still prefer the iPad Mini for a tablet though over any android option.

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
The thing is that i think the ipad pro is too big to be a fun device and incomplete to be a laptop replacement. Could be good for some pros thought...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I've had tons of phones as well, and the s pen was great along with customization on a Android device, but their updates are far and few inbetween and with all the different "gimmicks" the battery wasn't that good not to mention freezing all the time causing me to constantly reboot or do a "battery pull". Customer service for Android was horrible as well. Maybe Android has gotten better in the past year, but I will stick with Apple for now for MANY different reasons, mainly because "IT JUST WORKS"

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a 6 Plus and I ordered a 6s Plus. I don't see myself switching. Don't get me wrong, I think the Note is a great phone but Apple has me.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Android primarily since a few months after the iPhone 5 came out. I left because I was very uninspired by the 5 - thought it was a poor stab at a bigger phone. Which it was. And it was basically the same as my 4S. I wanted something bigger and better so I left for the S4. I've been with Android mostly since then, dabbling here and there in iOS but always going back to Android.

I've basically been habitually swapping phones for the past two years, on a never ending quest for the perfect Android phone. I've come to the conclusion that there isn't one and won't be one for the foreseeable future.

I pre-ordered a 6s Plus Saturday morning and I'm so excited to be going back to Apple. These are my reasons for ditching Android:

1) Updates! I'm so tired of the update process in Android. If you don't go stock, who knows when you'll get it. And who knows how it'll work on a phone that it wasn't originally designed for. I've heard so many horror stories of Note 4 users who say their phones are laggy messes since it got Lollipop. It's just so inconsistent, I'm tired of rolling the dice.

2) Inconsistencies in the same phone. I don't know why, but QC seems so far behind in Android. You can get a handful of people with the same phone and each will have vastly different user experiences.

3) TOO MANY PHONES! Every manufacturer comes out with so many dang phones, you can't keep track of what is good, what has what, etc. They just saturate the market for the sake of saturation.

4) No phone has it all. It's either missing battery life, or has a bad camera, or has slow updates, or doesn't have a fingerprint scanner, or doesn't have this or doesn't have that.

5) You just know what you're getting with Apple, and it's so comforting. The Android game has just worn me out. I'm over it. I need a phone with support, good battery life and camera. I'm sure the 6s Plus is it!

Good luck in your foray to Android!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been with Android primarily since a few months after the iPhone 5 came out. I left because I was very uninspired by the 5 - thought it was a poor stab at a bigger phone. Which it was. And it was basically the same as my 4S. I wanted something bigger and better so I left for the S4. I've been with Android mostly since then, dabbling here and there in iOS but always going back to Android.

I've basically been habitually swapping phones for the past two years, on a never ending quest for the perfect Android phone. I've come to the conclusion that there isn't one and won't be one for the foreseeable future.

I pre-ordered a 6s Plus Saturday morning and I'm so excited to be going back to Apple. These are my reasons for ditching Android:

1) Updates! I'm so tired of the update process in Android. If you don't go stock, who knows when you'll get it. And who knows how it'll work on a phone that it wasn't originally designed for. I've heard so many horror stories of Note 4 users who say their phones are laggy messes since it got Lollipop. It's just so inconsistent, I'm tired of rolling the dice.

2) Inconsistencies in the same phone. I don't know why, but QC seems so far behind in Android. You can get a handful of people with the same phone and each will have vastly different user experiences.

3) TOO MANY PHONES! Every manufacturer comes out with so many dang phones, you can't keep track of what is good, what has what, etc. They just saturate the market for the sake of saturation.

4) No phone has it all. It's either missing battery life, or has a bad camera, or has slow updates, or doesn't have a fingerprint scanner, or doesn't have this or doesn't have that.

5) You just know what you're getting with Apple, and it's so comforting. The Android game has just worn me out. I'm over it. I need a phone with support, good battery life and camera. I'm sure the 6s Plus is it!

Good luck in your foray to Android!

All of these reasons is why I switched back as well and both times that I've tried the nexus 5 and 6 I just couldn't do it. I also noticed that the quality of the apps is terrible compared to the iOS counterparts. For instance tapatalk it terrible on Android and one of the main reasons is when you PM someone on the Android version you have to know their sn whereas with iOS you start typing and it brings up a list of names to choose from. Plus like you said there's too many things you have to compromise on when going with any Android phone.