Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So apple increases it to 2GB RAM kind of indicates to me that they felt it needed it or wouldn't have done it, further indicating the first 6 incarnation was a fail in this regard. It's no wonder they don't go public with this sort of spec.

The logic (or severe lack there of) in this deduction is astounding. Nothing about the iPhone 6 having 1GB of RAM was a failure...Apple still hasn't gone public with "this sort of spec"...Apple updates the iPhone specs year by year because that is what you have to do to maintain a success level like Apple. It was inevitable that more RAM would come...it doesn't define a failure of any sort.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So apple increases it to 2GB RAM kind of indicates to me that they felt it needed it or wouldn't have done it, further indicating the first 6 incarnation was a fail in this regard. It's no wonder they don't go public with this sort of spec.

Have you considered other possible reasons like mainboard and bus architecture might require a paired chip configuration, long term production and commercial availability of smaller modules, etc? ISTM with Apple's track record of OS upgrades and support for older products it is quite reasonable to design each new device for planned future developments. This is not Samsung/Android, where a new product hitting the market may be laggy and short of memory, and after one OS upgrade it is almost unusable.

Branta

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Read above, and you know as much as anyone else outside Apple until third party reviewers can buy a production device at retail and make their own inspection.

However, in the real world what matters is functionality rather than paper specification. A well designed 1 Gigabyte device with competently written software will run rings around a 4Gb device designed by monkeys - unless they rig the OS to detect benchmark software and return enhanced results (did I hear someone mutter Samsung?).

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Read above, and you know as much as anyone else outside Apple until third party reviewer can buy a production device at retail and make their own inspection.

However, in the real world what matters is functionality rather than paper specification. A well designed 1 Gigabyte device with competently written software will run rings around a 4Gb device designed by monkeys - unless they rig the OS to detect benchmark software and return enhanced results (did I hear someone mutter Samsung?).

HOLY COW BRANTA!!!!!! You NAILED both these posts!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yo doez the new iPhone have 2GB or not?! No 2 gb no sale!

Yo! Who carez bout sellin 2 da spec only peeps. Dey go 2 da little robot dude for da spec measuring contests.

See ya, YO!!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

No way. The 6 and 6+ performance is fantastic. By all measures of sales did great (except fickle stock market perhaps which is irrelevant).

The extra RAM is for the animations/blur on the 3d touch, the extra frames of image capture for live images, 4k etc etc. And the 3dT preview is a sort of multitasking.

Last edited:

Brad Adair

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Rumored to be smaller batteries this time around, so doubtful it will be as good as the already meh iPhone 6/6+ battery.

I don't know about the 6 as I haven't used it, but I would consider the battery in the 6+ to be far better than meh. I am a heavy user of my phone and only need to charge it every other night.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow, Lil... that was so out of character... and here I though you were a really classy dame. :cool: :concern:

I iz many things 2 many o my peeps...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
1gb of RAM or 2gb of RAM....It will NOT deter me or 63 million other Apple customers from purchasing (sounds familiar). "IT IS WHAT IT IS"......"IT JUST WORKS"

Branta

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yo! Who carez bout sellin 2 da spec only peeps. Dey go 2 da little robot dude for da spec measuring contests.

The "little robot dude" seems to have convinced some inadequately educated customers that specification is more important than how it performs. Is there a correlation with those (usually males) who are obsessed with certain other measurements?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
. O M G!!!!!! Love it!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No way. The 6 and 6+ performance is fantastic. By all measures of sales did great (except fickle stock market perhaps which is irrelevant).

The extra RAM is for the animations/blur on the 3d touch, the extra frames of image capture for live images, 4k etc etc. And the 3dT preview is a sort of multitasking.

↑↑Exactly the real reason for 2gb RAM.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Like I said earlier.

No matter what Apple does, someone somewhere takes issue.

Fail..... Biggest earnings of any company in one quarter after the iPhone 6 release.

I'd one to fail like that in everything I do in life.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

No issue, don't care much what they do, just wondering why the extra RAM now. My 6+ has always been pretty smooth. As another poster explained it's most likely to run the extra features on the 6S. A lot of people complained about the previous RAM lack as a detriment to performance causing loading sluggishness and reloading issues. I never noticed it much on my 6+.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I'd like the extra ram for is for keeping webpages from reloading. On my iPad Air they constantly reload. It's annoying if I'm trying to type something on one page and then I have to go to another page or an app to reference something. Then I go back to find the page has reloaded and I've lost what I had typed. It's certainly not a deal breaker if the extra ram isn't there, but it would be nice to have in this instance.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I wish they would bring split view to the 6s Plus. Some say it's not useful on a 5.5 inch screen but I found it useful back when I had my 5.5 inch Galaxy Note 2. Not something I would use all the time (probably) but it would be nice to have the option.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hope more RAM helps widgets load in the Notification Center. Some just won't load very well if at all.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I'd like the extra ram for is for keeping webpages from reloading. On my iPad Air they constantly reload. It's annoying if I'm trying to type something on one page and then I have to go to another page or an app to reference something. Then I go back to find the page has reloaded and I've lost what I had typed. It's certainly not a deal breaker if the extra ram isn't there, but it would be nice to have in this instance.

Safari from reloading, my manga app from refreshing, and probably Facebook from crashing. Those are my primary reasons for wanting 2GB. =)

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox