Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaNY

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
"Apple confirmed to MobileSyrup during hands-on with the iPhone 6s models that both devices come with 2GB of RAM on board, just as rumors suggested. Comparatively, the iPhone 6 series only has 1GB of RAM across the board."

mobilesyrup.com/

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple should just list RAM with the rest of the specs. Surely they know that bit of info will be known as soon as the phone is released.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple should just list RAM with the rest of the specs. Surely they know that bit of info will be known as soon as the phone is released.

Remember, only a tiny fraction of its user base even care about specs. The majority simply want it to be better than the last model. They couldn't care less about the specifics, in my opinion.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Agree with the boss.
All I care about is that my phone work as awesomely as it does.
I've got a Note 4 that outspecs my iPhone 6. Lollipop turned it into a laggy hot mess. Specs mean nothing when the OS and/or apps is/are poorly coded/optimized.
My iPhone 6 is smooth as silk. Dependable as a Swiss watch. That's ALL I care about.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Remember, only a tiny fraction of its user base even care about specs. The majority simply want it to be better than the last model. They couldn't care less about the specifics, in my opinion.

But it's apparently very important to some. Every iOS forum I go to has a thread on the issue. They don't need to advertise it, just include it along with the rest of the specs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But it's apparently very important to some.
That's a given.
Every iOS forum I go to has a thread on the issue.
I don't doubt you.
They don't need to advertise it, just include it along with the rest of the specs.
They could, but it's not hurting them by not doing it either - at least not to this point...;)...Seriously though, I understand what you're saying.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
So apple increases it to 2GB RAM kind of indicates to me that they felt it needed it or wouldn't have done it, further indicating the first 6 incarnation was a fail in this regard. It's no wonder they don't go public with this sort of spec.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So apple increases it to 2GB RAM kind of indicates to me that they felt it needed it or wouldn't have done it, further indicating the first 6 incarnation was a fail in this regard. It's no wonder they don't go public with this sort of spec.

Like I said earlier.

No matter what Apple does, someone somewhere takes issue.

Fail..... Biggest earnings of any company in one quarter after the iPhone 6 release.

I'd one to fail like that in everything I do in life.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm really hoping there is 2gb of RAM. I don't care why Apple doesn't talk about. But they don't. Their phones are still typically smoother than most Android phones with 2gb of RAM or more. But the app reloading on my 6 Plus was the only thing I really didn't like about the experience. Even those cheap Android phones kept apps loaded in the background better. But I feel like 2gb on my pre-ordered 6s Plus will make the experience dang near perfect for me.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Agree with the boss.
All I care about is that my phone work as awesomely as it does.
I've got a Note 4 that outspecs my iPhone 6. Lollipop turned it into a laggy hot mess. Specs mean nothing when the OS and/or apps is/are poorly coded/optimized.
My iPhone 6 is smooth as silk. Dependable as a Swiss watch. That's ALL I care about.

AMEN! You absolutely nailed my experience with my Note 4 and I am just so waiting to get my hands on the iPhone 6S and be back in the Apple family. I only went to Android because of the larger screens, but Android really is a hot mess. I can't even get my Note 4 to stream music via bluetooth without skipping and stuttering.

This is going to be great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73