Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
According to GSM Arena, the 6s and 6s Plus have 2 GB of RAM.

iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus feature 2GB of RAM - GSMArena.com news

No...GSM Arena is following the Reddit report that someone posted earlier in this thread where a guy was claiming to have access to Apple's corporate website which had a pdf that listed the RAM as 2GB. Nothing verified, nothing proven...just one guy saying he saw a page that said it on a website nobody would access or screen shot.

Could it be? Sure. Do we know it is? Not by a long shot. I don't think there will be tangible proof until the release day, like last year.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Why oh why isn't Apple coming out with this damn phone on the 18th instead of the 25th of the month? Another 14 days of this "2GB of RAM" nonsense.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who doesn't think that more RAM makes a difference in iOS should pick up an Air and an Air 2. There is a noticeable difference between the two and I for one hope that the 6S has 2GB or I'll most likely skip it this time around. I love Apple products but for them to not put 2GB of RAM into what is already a very expensive phone to me is cheating the customer a little bit.

On a side note I do think it has 2GB of RAM but the fact that it wasn't mentioned nor is it listed anywhere on their site does make me a little skeptical.

Apple has never disclosed that. No reason to be skeptical. If Apple had always stated the amount of RAM, and then suddenly stopped, that might be cause for concern.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
No information on ram specs yet; hopefully it has more than 1GB, the plus really needs it. Reloading sucked

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

You staying with the Note this time around? I'm most likely jumping to iOS with the 6s Plus, no matter what the Ram is.

kkritsilas

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
How so?
The devices are exactly the same size but the S does more, so logically, shouldn't we expect the battery life to go down?
Especially since they've conspicuously omitted to say anything about battery life...

I'm actually shocked that I am NOT disappointed in the new iPhone: I love my Plus as it is, hehehe...
I'm stocked about next year's &, though. :yes:

It must be kept in mind that Android and iOS do not have the same memory requirements, and they never have. My Nexus 5 (2GB RAM), even with all of the Android updates (now at 5.1.1) has far more issues with RAM lthan my iPhone 6 (1GB RAM) does. The iPhone 6 runs smoother, and just as quickly as an S6 does, and it has "only" a dual core processor and 1/3 of the RAM space. Point is RAM requirements are extremely dependent on how the OS uses RAM, and how good the garbage collection routines are, so saying an iPhone 6s needs 2GB because the Android phones have 3 or even 4GB of RAM is sort of comparing apples and oranges.

As for the battery, postings on the web have stated that the battery of the iP6S is slightly smaller (1715 mAH) than the iP6 (1810 mAH). However, Apple is showing the standby and run times as being the same between the two phones. Since I don't think that Apple has changed the display between the two phones significantly in terms of power requirements, it must mean that the A9 CPU in the iP6S is more power efficient than the A8 CPU in the iP6. This is due to the A9 being made on a 14/16nm process vs. the 20nm process of the A8, although Apple may have found some other power savings elsewhere. Some of the other chips used in the iP6S are also more power efficient, most likely.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm really quite curious how they were able to verify this without any kind of tear down at all...sounds to me like assumptive reporting.

There are other reports of this around the net, but I still don't see how it could be verified without a tear down, given Apple historically does not divulge RAM specs...why would that just end now? And if it is ending, why wouldn't they just discuss it in the keynote?

http://bgr.com/2015/09/10/iphone-6s-ipad-pro-ram-memory/

Travisimo

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought to myself... If Apple really had increased the amount of RAM, surely they would have mentioned it as an advantage in their keynote. Then I thought a bit more... But 2GB is still less than most current flagship Android phones, so boasting 2GB of RAM really wouldn't put them in a good light, despite it having more than last year's model. Finally, I thought to myself.... surely with 4K video, they will need a boost of RAM, right? Then I remembered that when I had the Galaxy S6, it had many problems with RAM management despite it having 3GB of RAM.

Then instead of analyzing everything, I remembered that I really had no problem with RAM on my current 6 Plus, so I don't see why it'll be a problem here as well. Having more RAM would be nice if only to have applications reload less often, but it's not something I'm willing to get worked up about.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought to myself... If Apple really had increased the amount of RAM, surely they would have mentioned it as an advantage in their keynote. Then I thought a bit more... But 2GB is still less than most current flagship Android phones, so boasting 2GB of RAM really wouldn't put them in a good light, despite it having more than last year's model. Finally, I thought to myself.... surely with 4K video, they will need a boost of RAM, right? Then I remembered that when I had the Galaxy S6, it had many problems with RAM management despite it having 3GB of RAM.

Then instead of analyzing everything, I remembered that I really had no problem with RAM on my current 6 Plus, so I don't see why it'll be a problem here as well. Having more RAM would be nice if only to have applications reload less often, but it's not something I'm willing to get worked up about.

Their marketing centers around software. It's been that way since day one. They just don't discuss RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal