Status
Not open for further replies.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
They did for the 3GS or the 4 I forgot which one and can't really watch either one on YouTube atm to figure it out*

* Sprint data isn't exactly the fastest atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My memory is as bad as your sprint data lol. I know at least since the 4S they've stopped disclosing it. Be very curious to see what they've included this go around.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My memory is as bad as your sprint data lol. I know at least since the 4S they've stopped disclosing it. Be very curious to see what they've included this go around.

I know they stopped disclosing it now but my point is they have before.... And sprint ain't that bad. I'm on the subway atm and it's spotty service. I usually get around 10 MBPS and sometimes around 20-30

Either way I would think that pointing out it has 2GB would be a selling point to get even more people...Yeah the people who just want a working phone don't care but you'll convert even more people if you said now we offer 2GB of ram....just a smart business move imo specially with their bit about how many people are going to ios from Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I did just that...and no, they did not. Watch for yourself if you would like...you were wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z__jxoczNWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-C_jUUnZfQ

Then I am wrong ? I haven't watched them in over five years and thought they did . I know at the time they had superior specs and they did flaunt it which I believe were the first to have a dual core CPU ? Thought they announced when they bumped the 512mb of ram to 1GB whenever that was which was I thought with the iPhone 4 or 3GS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Apples presentations speak for themselves

Ram is only an issue when its an issue so why focus on something that's not relevant

the live device demos didn't show any lag that i could see. this was not a Samsung event

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
RAM envy anyone? Would more RAM be welcomed? Of course. Is it needed? Not based on anything I do on my iPhone. Anyone have examples of why more RAM is needed?

As far as battery life goes the talked about that at WWDC when they announced iOS 9.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
New battery technology putting same or better milliamp-hour capacity in the same or even smaller spaces... Apple isn't going to put something out that has seriously less battery capacity than their current models... it would be a PR disaster...

Hmmm... Well Im not going to worry about it today, I like my battery life quite well at the moment. I'll worry about it... Next year when I upgrade both iPad and iPhone.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I saw that nobody had an answer. The snark really necessary? Really?

I definitely felt it was...your experience may differ. Either way, the answer was there...

Wasn't specified...

Who knows? They never announce RAM. Tears downs will tell.

The first two responses in the thread stated that the info was not disclosed in the presentation and that it would not be known until the repair sites do their respective teardowns. Can't get much more "answered" that than.

Based on that information alone, I believe that Sean's snark was definitely warranted.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
This is my deciding factor on where or not I upgrade. My 6 plus is nice but feels like it could us more ram sometime.

Me too. I may skip over this if it doesn't have 2GB RAM. Who knows? I'll have to play with it in store to get a good feel. If it does have 2GB, I'll be on board!

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Apples presentations speak for themselves

Ram is only an issue when its an issue so why focus on something that's not relevant

the live device demos didn't show any lag that i could see. this was not a Samsung event

Ram is an issue and always will be when your phone has 1GB . I just love tab reloading and app crashing and etc which I find happens a lot more on my iPhone then iPad Air 2

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The first two responses in the thread stated that the info was not disclosed in the presentation and that it would not be known until the repair sites do their respective teardowns. Can't get much more "answered" that than.

Based on that information alone, I believe that Sean's snark was definitely warranted.

He's always snarky no matter what so meh

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Ram is an issue and always will be when your phone has 1GB . I just love tab reloading and app crashing and etc which I find happens a lot more on my iPhone then iPad Air 2

I think what gets me is when I'm attempting to copy information from a browser to notes, inevitably I'll have a reload. Either that or I'll get a reload on a manga series I'm reading. It's enough to annoy me...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think what gets me is when I'm attempting to copy information from a browser to notes, inevitably I'll have a reload. Either that or I'll get a reload on a manga series I'm reading. It's enough to annoy me...

Those are some other issues I noticed that I forgot about

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
No information on ram specs yet; hopefully it has more than 1GB, the plus really needs it. Reloading sucked

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro