Rumored to be smaller batteries this time around, so doubtful it will be as good as the already meh iPhone 6/6+ battery.
    I don't know about the 6 as I haven't used it, but I would consider the battery in the 6+ to be far better than meh. I am a heavy user of my phone and only need to charge it every other night.
    09-14-2015 10:01 AM
    It was time for a 2 GB RAM phone.

And so Apple delivered.

It'll run better than Androids with 3 or 4 GB.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-14-2015 10:09 AM
    Yo! Who carez bout sellin 2 da spec only peeps. Dey go 2 da little robot dude for da spec measuring contests.

See ya, YO!!!!!
    Wow, Lil... that was so out of character... and here I though you were a really classy dame.
    qbnkelt, DoubleEagle and Tartarus like this.
    09-14-2015 10:54 AM
    Wow, Lil... that was so out of character... and here I though you were a really classy dame.
    I iz many things 2 many o my peeps...

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    violetjune likes this.
    09-14-2015 10:56 AM
    1gb of RAM or 2gb of RAM....It will NOT deter me or 63 million other Apple customers from purchasing (sounds familiar). "IT IS WHAT IT IS"......"IT JUST WORKS"
    09-14-2015 11:06 AM
    Yo! Who carez bout sellin 2 da spec only peeps. Dey go 2 da little robot dude for da spec measuring contests.
    The "little robot dude" seems to have convinced some inadequately educated customers that specification is more important than how it performs. Is there a correlation with those (usually males) who are obsessed with certain other measurements?
    qbnkelt and Spencerdl like this.
    09-14-2015 11:31 AM
    . O M G!!!!!! Love it!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-14-2015 11:33 AM
    No way. The 6 and 6+ performance is fantastic. By all measures of sales did great (except fickle stock market perhaps which is irrelevant).

The extra RAM is for the animations/blur on the 3d touch, the extra frames of image capture for live images, 4k etc etc. And the 3dT preview is a sort of multitasking.
    ↑↑Exactly the real reason for 2gb RAM.
    09-14-2015 11:57 AM
    Like I said earlier.

No matter what Apple does, someone somewhere takes issue.

Fail..... Biggest earnings of any company in one quarter after the iPhone 6 release.

I'd one to fail like that in everything I do in life.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    No issue, don't care much what they do, just wondering why the extra RAM now. My 6+ has always been pretty smooth. As another poster explained it's most likely to run the extra features on the 6S. A lot of people complained about the previous RAM lack as a detriment to performance causing loading sluggishness and reloading issues. I never noticed it much on my 6+.
    09-14-2015 01:13 PM
    The only thing I'd like the extra ram for is for keeping webpages from reloading. On my iPad Air they constantly reload. It's annoying if I'm trying to type something on one page and then I have to go to another page or an app to reference something. Then I go back to find the page has reloaded and I've lost what I had typed. It's certainly not a deal breaker if the extra ram isn't there, but it would be nice to have in this instance.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-14-2015 01:36 PM
    I wish they would bring split view to the 6s Plus. Some say it's not useful on a 5.5 inch screen but I found it useful back when I had my 5.5 inch Galaxy Note 2. Not something I would use all the time (probably) but it would be nice to have the option.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-14-2015 04:17 PM
    I hope more RAM helps widgets load in the Notification Center. Some just won't load very well if at all.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 09-14-2015 at 07:54 PM.
    09-14-2015 06:06 PM
    The only thing I'd like the extra ram for is for keeping webpages from reloading. On my iPad Air they constantly reload. It's annoying if I'm trying to type something on one page and then I have to go to another page or an app to reference something. Then I go back to find the page has reloaded and I've lost what I had typed. It's certainly not a deal breaker if the extra ram isn't there, but it would be nice to have in this instance.
    Safari from reloading, my manga app from refreshing, and probably Facebook from crashing. Those are my primary reasons for wanting 2GB. =)

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
    09-14-2015 06:10 PM
    Apple has't created new battery technology that allows a higher charge to be stored in an equal/smaller space. If they had, it would be a massive deal - not only for Apple and the rest of the smartphone market, but for every other part of the world. Just think about the prospects for a moment and what it implies...

Let's forget about these devices that we carry around to play candy crush and call our wives/mistresses (or husband/toyboy - delete as appropriate). It would affect the automobile industry in the way of EVs which would in turn affect the petroleum industries. When oil isn't in as much demand, political relationships between the east and west could begin to erode leading to a host of other 'issues'

Of course, this is extremes but it purveys real points. Apple haven't made a dramatic advancements in battery technology. They would have made a huge fanfare about it if they had..

However, that doesn't mean that battery life will be massively affected. You're right, they wouldn't release something with dramatically inferior battery life - it would be a disaster.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-15-2015 04:56 AM
    The back and forth over why Apple should include more RAM, shouldn't include more RAM, where it will be useful, where it won't be, etc is amusing. Apple didn't just come up with an 'idea' for these two new phones 12 months ago and merely throw it into production hoping all turns out well. They test, and tweak, and test in mind-numbing amounts and ways. They worry about one thing in this situation, the phone(s) they themselves are putting out. They are not concerned if the competition is putting out 2, 3, 4 or 10GB phones. At the end of the day, Apple goes with what it feels will provide the best experience for its customers.

Same goes with the battery. There has to be a happy medium folks. Apple ordered 90M devices. That is potentially 90m opinions on how long a battery should last versus how large the phone should be to accommodate it. Apple has a vision and they are sticking with it. The ones who do the most barking are typically the ones who either cannot charge a phone at some point during the day, or simply do not want to. Either way, there are alternatives and options available to you.

Anyway, the complaining and speculating will continue to happen as that is the nature here in the forums. But for me, I am not spending countless hours trying to solve some conspiracy theory behind how and why Apple does what it does. I rest easy simply knowing that when I get my new phone.....1GB RAM or 20GB......it will perform just the way Apple intended it to. Extremely well.
    09-15-2015 08:28 AM
    The water is both warm and deep today!
    You're likely to drown if you keep putting your nose in the water like that.

Ledsteplin likes this.
    09-15-2015 08:52 AM
    Safari from reloading, my manga app from refreshing, and probably Facebook from crashing. Those are my primary reasons for wanting 2GB. =)
    I'd also like to see the OS refrain from crashing on me while switching apps, if that has anything to do with it.
    09-15-2015 10:11 AM
    I'd also like to see the OS refrain from crashing on me while switching apps, if that has anything to do with it.
    Are you serious? I love it when iOS and my apps crash. SMH.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I can't recall the last time anything crashed while switching apps (or anything else beyond an issue with the app itself) ... certainly not in any regular, chronic way ... SMH again.
    09-15-2015 10:52 AM
    Only reason why I think it has to do with RAM is because this same exact thing happens with WP, Android, and BB devices that have 1GB. I've tested a few different devices, results pretty consistent with crashing, freezing, reloading, refreshing, etc.

Just my experience though. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
    09-15-2015 10:53 AM
    Are you serious? I love it when iOS and my apps crash. SMH.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I can't recall the last time anything crashed while switching apps (or anything else beyond an issue with the app itself) ... certainly not in any regular, chronic way ... SMH again.
    Apps crash on my iPad Air sometimes. Like I'll launch an app and if it's something that has to load for a sec (like Netflix, for example) sometimes it'll crash instead of load all the way and I have to launch it again.
    09-15-2015 11:14 AM
    What are you going to use if you leave 2GB?
    09-15-2015 11:17 AM
    Only reason why I think it has to do with RAM is because this same exact thing happens with WP, Android, and BB devices that have 1GB. I've tested a few different devices, results pretty consistent with crashing, freezing, reloading, refreshing, etc.

Just my experience though. YMMV.
    RAM is all I can think of when iOS crashes like it does when double tapping the home button. There is a bit of a lag when opening an app and then double tapping to go to another. Many times the screen will revert to the  logo, which is what I assumed was the "springboard crash". Does that sound like something you've encountered?
    09-15-2015 11:20 AM
    RAM is all I can think of when iOS crashes like it does when double tapping the home button. There is a bit of a lag when opening an app and then double tapping to go to another. Many times the screen will revert to the  logo, which is what I assumed was the "springboard crash". Does that sound like something you've encountered?
    Most of the time my springboard crashed when I was jailbroken. However it has done it like once or twice when I was trying to bring up Siri after using spotlight. I'm constantly on beta iOS though.

Mostly for me, the app itself just crashes after attempting to load but no springboard crash.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    09-15-2015 11:32 AM
    What are you going to use if you leave 2GB?
    Speaking to whom?
    09-15-2015 02:12 PM
    Kind of disappointed but oh well.

*Edit: No 2GB of RAM
    Apple is far more efficient with ram and cpu than other phone OSs. The iPhone and iPad have never had any real ram performance issues like Samsung's bloat ware slowdown and the like.

This is a non-issue.

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk
    09-15-2015 03:36 PM
188 ... 5678