This from a credible friend.
    Attachment 91225
    I'm gonna believe it's got 2GB. With the way the guy at the Apple Store had explained his gaming experience on the 6s+ demo device and how his 6+ couldn't run that same game... I'd be pretty reassured.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    09-13-2015 12:23 AM
    "Apple confirmed to MobileSyrup during hands-on with the iPhone 6s models that both devices come with 2GB of RAM on board, just as rumors suggested. Comparatively, the iPhone 6 series only has 1GB of RAM across the board."

mobilesyrup.com/
    09-13-2015 02:26 AM
    Great news if it is indeed true. Hopefully no more reloading apps.
    09-13-2015 02:48 AM
    Apple should just list RAM with the rest of the specs. Surely they know that bit of info will be known as soon as the phone is released.
    09-13-2015 07:04 AM
    Apple should just list RAM with the rest of the specs. Surely they know that bit of info will be known as soon as the phone is released.
    Remember, only a tiny fraction of its user base even care about specs. The majority simply want it to be better than the last model. They couldn't care less about the specifics, in my opinion.
    qbnkelt and firstborn80 like this.
    09-13-2015 08:35 AM
    Yup. Agree with the boss.
    All I care about is that my phone work as awesomely as it does.
    I've got a Note 4 that outspecs my iPhone 6. Lollipop turned it into a laggy hot mess. Specs mean nothing when the OS and/or apps is/are poorly coded/optimized.
    My iPhone 6 is smooth as silk. Dependable as a Swiss watch. That's ALL I care about.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    firstborn80, Just_Me_D and OTACORB like this.
    09-13-2015 09:01 AM
    Remember, only a tiny fraction of its user base even care about specs. The majority simply want it to be better than the last model. They couldn't care less about the specifics, in my opinion.
    But it's apparently very important to some. Every iOS forum I go to has a thread on the issue. They don't need to advertise it, just include it along with the rest of the specs.
    09-13-2015 09:18 AM
    But it's apparently very important to some.
    That's a given.
    Every iOS forum I go to has a thread on the issue.
    I don't doubt you.
    They don't need to advertise it, just include it along with the rest of the specs.
    They could, but it's not hurting them by not doing it either - at least not to this point......Seriously though, I understand what you're saying.
    09-13-2015 09:31 AM
    Kind of disappointed but oh well.

*Edit: No 2GB of RAM

At 1:19 in the video review he confirms that there are 2 GB of Memory in the 6S.
    09-13-2015 09:39 AM

At 1:19 in the video review he confirms that there are 2 GB of Memory in the 6S.
    I'm obviously missing something because around the 1:15 mark, the speaker says, "it's still 1 GB of RAM..."
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-13-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    09-13-2015 09:53 AM
    QUICK! Someone go take a video and claim the new iPhone has NO RAM! STAT!
    09-13-2015 10:06 AM
    ]I'm obviously missing something because around the 1:15 mark, the speaker says, "it's still 1 GB of RAM..."
    Yeah, this video doesn't say for sure anything. He didn't know at the time the video was made.
    09-13-2015 10:08 AM
    And there you have it folks, posted on 9 to 5 Mac today... No 2GB ?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1442163445.456064.jpgNo 2GB ?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1442163460.789662.jpg
    09-13-2015 12:58 PM
    So apple increases it to 2GB RAM kind of indicates to me that they felt it needed it or wouldn't have done it, further indicating the first 6 incarnation was a fail in this regard. It's no wonder they don't go public with this sort of spec.
    09-13-2015 01:21 PM
    So the whole OP is much ado about nothing, then?
    09-13-2015 01:48 PM
    So apple increases it to 2GB RAM kind of indicates to me that they felt it needed it or wouldn't have done it, further indicating the first 6 incarnation was a fail in this regard. It's no wonder they don't go public with this sort of spec.
    Like I said earlier.

No matter what Apple does, someone somewhere takes issue.

Fail..... Biggest earnings of any company in one quarter after the iPhone 6 release.

I'd one to fail like that in everything I do in life.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    09-13-2015 01:55 PM
    I'm really hoping there is 2gb of RAM. I don't care why Apple doesn't talk about. But they don't. Their phones are still typically smoother than most Android phones with 2gb of RAM or more. But the app reloading on my 6 Plus was the only thing I really didn't like about the experience. Even those cheap Android phones kept apps loaded in the background better. But I feel like 2gb on my pre-ordered 6s Plus will make the experience dang near perfect for me.
    09-13-2015 03:01 PM
    Yup. Agree with the boss.
    All I care about is that my phone work as awesomely as it does.
    I've got a Note 4 that outspecs my iPhone 6. Lollipop turned it into a laggy hot mess. Specs mean nothing when the OS and/or apps is/are poorly coded/optimized.
    My iPhone 6 is smooth as silk. Dependable as a Swiss watch. That's ALL I care about.

AMEN! You absolutely nailed my experience with my Note 4 and I am just so waiting to get my hands on the iPhone 6S and be back in the Apple family. I only went to Android because of the larger screens, but Android really is a hot mess. I can't even get my Note 4 to stream music via bluetooth without skipping and stuttering.

This is going to be great!
    09-13-2015 04:11 PM
    I hope I have no more of this:
    No 2GB ?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1442184278.286321.jpg
    EmceeGeek and gg22 like this.
    09-13-2015 06:44 PM
    The logic (or severe lack there of) in this deduction is astounding. Nothing about the iPhone 6 having 1GB of RAM was a failure...Apple still hasn't gone public with "this sort of spec"...Apple updates the iPhone specs year by year because that is what you have to do to maintain a success level like Apple. It was inevitable that more RAM would come...it doesn't define a failure of any sort.
    09-14-2015 01:36 AM
    Have you considered other possible reasons like mainboard and bus architecture might require a paired chip configuration, long term production and commercial availability of smaller modules, etc? ISTM with Apple's track record of OS upgrades and support for older products it is quite reasonable to design each new device for planned future developments. This is not Samsung/Android, where a new product hitting the market may be laggy and short of memory, and after one OS upgrade it is almost unusable.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-14-2015 07:00 AM
    Read above, and you know as much as anyone else outside Apple until third party reviewers can buy a production device at retail and make their own inspection.

However, in the real world what matters is functionality rather than paper specification. A well designed 1 Gigabyte device with competently written software will run rings around a 4Gb device designed by monkeys - unless they rig the OS to detect benchmark software and return enhanced results (did I hear someone mutter Samsung?).
    Last edited by Branta; 09-14-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Corrected grammar
    09-14-2015 07:15 AM
    Read above, and you know as much as anyone else outside Apple until third party reviewer can buy a production device at retail and make their own inspection.

However, in the real world what matters is functionality rather than paper specification. A well designed 1 Gigabyte device with competently written software will run rings around a 4Gb device designed by monkeys - unless they rig the OS to detect benchmark software and return enhanced results (did I hear someone mutter Samsung?).
    HOLY COW BRANTA!!!!!! You NAILED both these posts!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    Spencerdl, jnew619 and violetjune like this.
    09-14-2015 07:35 AM
    Yo doez the new iPhone have 2GB or not?! No 2 gb no sale!
    Yo! Who carez bout sellin 2 da spec only peeps. Dey go 2 da little robot dude for da spec measuring contests.

See ya, YO!!!!!

Tartarus likes this.
    09-14-2015 07:49 AM
    No way. The 6 and 6+ performance is fantastic. By all measures of sales did great (except fickle stock market perhaps which is irrelevant).

The extra RAM is for the animations/blur on the 3d touch, the extra frames of image capture for live images, 4k etc etc. And the 3dT preview is a sort of multitasking.
    Last edited by Scatabrain; 09-14-2015 at 08:16 AM.
    cbreze likes this.
    09-14-2015 08:05 AM
188 ... 45678