Rumor: New iPhones to be .2mm thicker

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I dint want to be dependent on signal to listen to my music or view my videos.
But you don't have to stream. You can download straight to your device for playback whenever you want and for storage on your device for as long as you want. All my music is backed up to Google automatically as soon as it hits my desktop hard drive and then I download whatever I want from there to my phone while my it's plugged in and charging overnight. Same with videos. Saved me a damn lot of hassle when my hard drive failed a few years ago.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
But you don't have to stream. You can download straight to your device for playback whenever you want and for storage on your device for as long as you want. All my music is backed up to Google automatically as soon as it hits my desktop hard drive and then I download whatever I want from there to my phone while my it's plugged in and charging overnight. Same with videos. Saved me a damn lot of hassle when my hard drive failed a few years ago.

But I don't want to have to download music I might want. I might suddenly want to listen to Evanescence instead of Lynkin Park. Why should I have to prepare for it?

Or maybe I'm with a college friend and we start talking about 80s music and we suddenly have to listen to Sting.

I want my music on my device so I can play what I want when I want.

I don't plan everything ahead of time. I don't know what I'll want tomorrow for lunch. I'll decide at 11:45. And I don't know what I'll be listening to on the Metro tomorrow morning. I might hear something in the car and I might decide that I MUST LISTEN to the soundtrack of Dirty Dancing.

Music is free flowing to me. Not planned.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
But I don't want to have to download music I might want. I might suddenly want Torsten to Evanescence instead of Lynkin Park. Why should I have to prepare for it?

How is what you're doing now any different? You're loading music onto your phone either way. If you want your whole collection on your phone, you can have it there. You don't need to plan in advance any more than you are now.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
How is what you're doing now any different? You're loading music onto your phone either way. If you want your whole collection on your phone, you can have it there. You don't need to plan in advance any more than you are now.

The Note 5 hasn't got 128GB where I can download all my music and movies.

In order to listen or watch everything I want is have to deal with only 32 or 64GB. I'm already over that on my iPhone.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to be dependent on signal to listen to my music or view my videos.

Amen. I use my Note 3 for music in my car. I don't want to have to have cell service on this just to play my huge library. It's not going to all fit with my apps on a 64GB device!

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether the slightly thicker build would mean the current cases won't fit. I'm so tempted to get some Kate Spade cases for my new future iPhone 6s PLUS.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

If the device is thicker, the old cases might be a tad snug. I had this issue when I got the Mini 2. Since it was thicker, some cases designed for the OG Mini barely fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
A piece of paper is approximately .05mm thick. Fold a piece 2 times to get .2mm (4 layers) and try it in your case. I tried it with the leather case making sure to have paper out to edges (shape of whole phone) and it fit - snugly.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yah I think I'm just going to wait. I'll hope the cute Kate Spade cases will be out.
Just under a month before I have my new iPhone 6s Plus in my hand, I've waited almost a year since deciding I really should have gone with the Plus, I can wait this bit longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2