Rumor: New iPhones to be .2mm thicker

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Close minded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed minded? Or... Maybe instead, what you think is the best option right now in the smartphone world, and works for you - others may have a different opinion on the matter and buy what works for them. For instance, features of Apple's forthcoming iPhones that you find to be 'trivial' - others may find them to be compelling enough for them to upgrade to the new ones, over what they currently have.
After all, your smartphone of choice is not necessarily the choice myself, or others would make, and what we choose may not be what you would choose. If another OS (Android) or manufacturer (Samsung) is the best choice for you, by all means enjoy your purchase - but don't expect me to share that opinion.

jbmo1980

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Closed minded? Or... Maybe instead, what you think is the best option right now in the smartphone world, and works for you - others may have a different opinion on the matter and buy what works for them. For instance, features of Apple's forthcoming iPhones that you find to be 'trivial' - others may find them to be compelling enough for them to upgrade to the new ones, over what they currently have.
After all, your smartphone of choice is not necessarily the choice myself, or others would make, and what we choose may not be what you would choose. If another OS (Android) or manufacturer (Samsung) is the best choice for you, by all means enjoy your purchase - but don't expect me to share that opinion.

Your idea would have been admired had you you stopped adding this : "but don't expect me to share that opinion "
Man, i didnt let anyone or force everybody to do it! And SHARE my opinion? It is all over the net..people arent dumb enough about this. And frankly, i and my friends and a couple of my colleagues share these sentiments who were apple users too. Seriously? I never even owned an android except my blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Well jbmo 1980, I read, and view your comments as OPINIONS, not FACTS. Therefore, no, I don't share those OPINIONS... What you've posted may be 'truths' to you, but they aren't to me...and, as far as Apple's shortcomings being discussed on the net goes, it reminds me of the term 'echo chamber' where a few say/repeat/play up a subject often enough to the point where said discussion may gain traction - especially if you have a big target like Apple. To me that's anecdotal evidence, regardless of however many YouTube videos, and blog articles there are on the good old Internet - because nobody ever, ever overstates or misrepresents, right?!?
(Cough) page-clicks/hits (cough)

Now Apple isn't perfect, nor am I, nor are you - so, you and your colleagues have discussed issues that you've all had with Apple's products or services, fair enough. But, MY OWN experience with Apple's products and services has been nearly flawless, except for the less than pleasant issues that I've had with iTunes for Windows. Should my having owned a launch day 6 Plus with so far no issues: no bending of it - even though it's constantly in my front pocket, no camera taking blurry pictures, or anything else that can be conjured up about it be 'The Truth' or your truth?? No!! Just as your experiences with, or beliefs about Apple and any of Apple's 'shortcomings' be mine, no matter how widely discussed these 'shortcomings' may be on the Internet, or the greater world at large!!
Again, buy/use whatever works for you - whether it be from Apple, Google, Microsoft, GM, Ford, Chevy, or whoever else, it's your money, your choice. And I'll do the same, and so far my choice, and the choice of others, has been Apple.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This force touch is another gimmick so apple have something to show .. Nonetheless samsung has releashed the four best and best looking phones in the world today..

Releashed... that's funny.

Force touch is not a gimmick - it adds an whole other layer to the touch interface.

Not sure they are "the four best and best looking phones"... but regardless, they still are running the samsung version of android ... that will drag their "best" rating down quite a bit, IMO. If you have to run an android OS, why use the bast**dized samsung version?

And speaking of gimmicks, how about that "edge" thing...

Interesting they used the similar naming......

No doubt to add a bit if confusion and misdirection to the mix.

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether the slightly thicker build would mean the current cases won't fit. I'm so tempted to get some Kate Spade cases for my new future iPhone 6s PLUS.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

A difference of .2mm could mean some cases won't fit - especially of the fit is already tight. My wife has some Kate Spade cases for her 6 Plus, and they seem to fit rather well. You might want to hold off on the current cases for the new version for a couple more weeks. :)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
A difference of .2mm could mean some cases won't fit - especially of the fit is already tight. My wife has some Kate Spade cases for her 6 Plus, and they seem to fit rather well. You might want to hold off on the current cases for the new version for a couple more weeks. :)

I'm actually excited to think it might be a little thicker. I really do love the way the 5c feels. I know the 6s won't be like that but after seeing that video for the newer aluminum that held up under 80+ lbs of pressure, plus the slight increase in thickness, I think I could be genuinely happy with the newest iteration.

So now I'm in a quandary. Do I still desire a 6c or do I note want a 6s?!?

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well you know I'm going for the 6s. But even if I weren't, I'd suggest the s model.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to the Androi....um BlackBerry Venice!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
Ha! I'll pass on that.

Neither a true Android, won't compete on specs with true Android devices nor a true BlackBerry because it will be running Android. That's BlackBerry's Hail Mary and I'm not running up for catching it.

This year I'll only get the iPhone 6s Plus. I'm passing on the Note 5 and the SGS6. I don't see anything compelling coming out of Windows.

But I will get my Apple Watch and FINALLY get my Mac.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Ha! I'll pass on that.

Neither a true Android, won't compete on specs with true Android devices nor a true BlackBerry because it will be running Android. That's BlackBerry's Hail Mary and I'm not running up for catching it.

This year I'll only get the iPhone 6s Plus. I'm passing on the Note 5 and the SGS6. I don't see anything compelling coming out of Windows.

But I will get my Apple Watch and FINALLY get my Mac.

I was really ticked off at Samsung for creating an iPhone clone with the newer iterations. I was very sad to know that the removable battery and SD card I'd come to love were sacrificed. So now along with a newer iPhone, I'll need to find another device to put my eyes towards. A slider seems pretty cool.

I got myself the Lumia 640. So that's keeping me busy with Windows 10 insider builds.

Still not sure how I feel about the watch yet. I'm not sure I'm ready to pay that premium for something I might not even use. As for a Mac, I'm still a Windows girl. I'm happily running 7 Professional on my main and 10 Home on my two netbooks.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I was VERY disappointed about the Note 5. I'll be keeping this one and may get a spare when the price drops, if I can still find it.

The only device that is non negotiable for me at this time is my iPhone. Since 2009 each one has been better for me than the one before.

So I'm going all I on Apple. Looking forward to seeing to my Mac.

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I was VERY disappointed about the Note 5. I'll be keeping this one and may get a spare when the price drops, if I can still find it.

The only device that is non negotiable for me at this time is my iPhone. Since 2009 each one has been better for me than the one before.

So I'm going all I on Apple. Looking forward to seeing to my Mac.

What was disappointing to you about the Note 5?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What was disappointing to you about the Note 5?

Smaller battery, no SD slot, and no removable battery.

I don't back up pictures to Google, I want them on my device or on an SD card. I also prefer being able to change my battery on the go, which my Note 4 has and the Note 5 does not. Also I didn't care for the design of the device. I love the looks of my Note 4.